Page 381 of 410 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moviebuff, there is something called theatre agreement, Anegan was planned/announced for 13th Feb much earlier than YA.

2. Thanks uruzalari thanked for this post
    Likes Arragesh liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good discussions...

1. Sometime back we discussed in detail how Avg per screen cannot give clear picture when comparing two movies released with different set of screens... Avg per day wont work either when festive and solo release come into pic. We dont have enough data to make all these comparisons.

2. Regrading Rentrack, there is fair assumption that reported 29 screens are subset of 32. What if at least 30% of screens are different. What if Rentrak has 60 screen list and YA released in a different set. Just for an example, if a screen like Satyam is not reported where as two Mayajaal screens accounted. The gross will be less whereas the screen count is more. Earlier BM showcased with US gross numbers how a small count of screens may have huge impact on net amount.

3. AB.. I checked SPICINEMAS.IN status now using your method. Out of 12 evening shows(6PM - 7:30PM) 9 shows are full. I checked most of the night shows and seats available mostly in front two rows. I have even checked for Thursday, shows are 50-60% booked. YA released in all mount road complexes if I am not wrong. It i

4. Now we have come to a point where a movie's BO fate can be written only based on Satyam main screen, leaving all the influential factors behind it. There was a time when few movies are not considered for Satyam release.

5. I am noticing that whenever Ajith movie's BO numbers are delivered, immediately its profitability is questioned based on ET. Do you guys think distributors/theater owners pay the price without considering this? Dont they have a different pricing on this?
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post

4. Now we have come to a point where a movie's BO fate can be written only based on Satyam main screen, leaving all the influential factors behind it. There was a time when few movies are not considered for Satyam release.

I actually posted about this first. So let me clarify. I have no intention pull YA down. Sathyam booking does not decide the fate of a film at BO. But I definitely think Sathyam screen allocation and bookings give a decent idea about how the film fares in Chennai. My assumption is that Sathyam is the first preference for the regular movie going crowd of Chennai. I was awake last Tuesday midnight to try my luck at booking for YA for the weekend and failed to get two tickets anywhere in Sathyam,Luxe and Escape. People generally try for Sathyam and then go for other options. My post was based on that.

6. Likes Arragesh liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    i actually posted about this first. So let me clarify. I have no intention pull ya down. Sathyam booking does not decide the fate of a film at bo. But i definitely think sathyam screen allocation and bookings give a decent idea about how the film fares in chennai. My assumption is that sathyam is the first preference for the regular movie going crowd of chennai. I was awake last tuesday midnight to try my luck at booking for ya for the weekend and failed to get two tickets anywhere in sathyam,luxe and escape. People generally try for sathyam and then go for other options. My post was based on that.
    very true

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adding to that
    1.Reviews doesnt matter for a films BO mostly.only Word of mouth matters it not that Kathi got mixed reviews and YA got thumpsup...many influencal portals too gave Kaththi more rating than YA.So downplaying Kaththi reviews to highlights film run due to StarPower doesnt augur well at all here IMO.Trashed siruthai did better than acclaimed adukalam even in A centers.

2.YA Promos started appearing in TVs just 3 days before release and Kathi 2 days before.otherwise Kathi had its everybit of extra curricular promotions...

3.GVM last action film was VV 10 yeas ago and recent film drops and NEPV/Nadunisi naigal failuer have only brought down his reputation or box office pull.May be myself or more GVM enthusiasts had immense expectation due to GVM factor.Other wise his selling point nowhere comparable to shankar currently....

9. Likes Arragesh liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MB, I was talking in general. Sorry if my post offended you.

Currently YA is played in Devi and Devi Bala in Devi complex, Shanti, Satyam, Escape and Woodlands in Mount Road and Royapetta area... I think this area had a huge number of shows played already. If you see from Friday, Devi retained its main screen for YA, Satyam retained 2 shows in their main screen, 2 in Santham, 1 in Serene 4 in Escape, 3 shows in Shanti and in Woodlands complex, it is moved to Symphony with four shows a day. Even after accommodating Anegan, YA continuing its streak in this area.
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post
    MB, I was talking in general. Sorry if my post offended you.
    No offence at all

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arul,

On your point 1, I totally agree there are a lot of assumptions that have to go when we talk about per day/screen because we do not know other finer details. No offence bro, but instead of applauding BMs post yesterday, if you had said this to him it could have avoided a lot of these back and forth posts. Most of the posts were in response to his analysis.

Point no 2 on Rentrak was again brought out because it was posted how unfair it was on Rentraks part to report only based on 29 screens. Kaththi was also reported for 32 screens. Someone questioned the authenticity of their report which is when this whole back and forth started.

Point no 3 - I think Ajay meant yesterdays bookings in SPI.

Guess point no 4 and 5 have been discussed between you and MB.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Parthyy View Post
    Adding to that
    1.Reviews doesnt matter for a films BO mostly.only Word of mouth matters it not that Kathi got mixed reviews and YA got thumpsup...many influencal portals too gave Kaththi more rating than YA.So downplaying Kaththi reviews to highlights film run due to StarPower doesnt augur well at all here IMO.Trashed siruthai did better than acclaimed adukalam even in A centers.

2.YA Promos started appearing in TVs just 3 days before release and Kathi 2 days before.otherwise Kathi had its everybit of extra curricular promotions...

3.GVM last action film was VV 10 yeas ago and recent film drops and NEPV/Nadunisi naigal failuer have only brought down his reputation or box office pull.May be myself or more GVM enthusiasts had immense expectation due to GVM factor.Other wise his selling point nowhere comparable to shankar currently....
    Parthy,

I personally believe exactly the same that for big stars, reviews do not matter at all due to the local fanbase they have. It does impact heroes who do not enjoy a local fanbase though. Yes, word of mouth does matter the most for a longer run (beyond first weekend). Based on what I read here in the hub, I thought YA did get a decent review from audiences. ..and had the word of mouth going for it...I saw a lot of posts mentioning that.

The point about promotion for Kaththi was not just tv promos...but trailer, ticket bookings etc. YA did have an advantage as the bookings opened almost 5 days before release...theaters had enough time to plan the schedules and show timings. We all know the problems Kaththi went through till the day before release.

Having said all this, I still feel it is too early to comment about YAs box office result...you cannot call it a flop nor can you call it a blockbuster yet.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good discussions. Kudos and Thanks, to all. Civil discussions between Vijay and Ajith fans have never been a possibility for a long long time. What a refreshing change.

Dammy, completely agree with you bro.

Kaththi did generate a lot of negative publicity, thanks to Velmurugan and co, but this hampered the promotional plans of the Kaththi team. Comparing this with the well-planned promotions for, lets say, Thuppakki, Kaththi had very little.

The fate of the release was also not clear and a lot of us feared a repeat of Thalaivaa's opening delays.

Online reviews were good, but not overwhelming, largely because of comparisons with Thuppakki. Fans like me, loved it first time, is a different issue
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |