Page 378 of 410 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah. Rentrak is also giving fake numbers now. Good.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Devoted Hubber ALWAR_AJITH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    How do you know that 'they' give false numbers?
    simple just watch out how many screens from yest ad ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live and let Live...

Member Devoted Hubber ALWAR_AJITH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Oh yeah. Rentrak is also giving fake numbers now. Good.
    same goes for kathi too...
    Live and let Live...

Post Thanks / Like
    good point BM and good counter argument Cedy.

I have only couple of things to point out.

1.Both YA and Kaththi had full capacity crowds on opening 3 or 4 days. If YA released in more screens(520), then how come their collections can be of similar range? Unless Kaththi recorded 100% on all screens and YA recorded 85-90%, they both cannot be equal. I know for a fact that YA was packed for 1st 4 days, so that throws some questionable collection details from BW or Sify. I just smell something fishy with the numbers reported. My guess is Ajith doesn't give any mileage to those websites and they don't pay back, so it is a simple math.

2.People comparing 5th day collection of Kaththi in India Vs YA are completely hopeless. It was a extended diwali weekend and people are bound to visit theatres while 5th day for YA was actual working day(Monday). So before thumping your chest just think for a moment before you do so.

3. For most part IMO collections are comparable. UK, we know the story ... you play HD print in local cable channel and it is bound to affect collections drastically. But I'm not going to debate that VJ has higher presence in UK and definitely in Kerala.

4. In US, Atmus reported 480K, But we also have this website(US based) which shows cummulative figure of $590K (I guess it takes into account Atmus + other distributors).http://moviecitynews.com/2015/02/the...nd-report-124/

See under Cummulative and read the numbers standing 0.59 mil.

to call YA flop or average is atrocious IMO. BTW nobody knows what transpired for Kaththi after 5th day and suddenly it became 100C in 12th day which took even Jalra pillai by surprise.
    Ajde Nole!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure YA is not doing bad. But losing two shows in Sathyam main screen in a week does not look great either. And that too Anegan's shows are not getting filled up in a jiffy.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cedy and Dammy , As usual you guys rock the floor

8. Likes Dammy R liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alwar Ajith,

I don't know if u r really ignorant or acting like one. Assuming its the first one, let me explain. Rentrak gets data only from few reported screens in Malaysia for some films. Not whole. For Kaththi, they reported for 30 odd screens whereas the screen counts were much much higher. Same for YA too. For movies like 7A and Velayudham, they didn't report at all. It doesn't mean they didn't release in Malaysia
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    I am sure YA is not doing bad. But losing two shows in Sathyam main screen in a week does not look great either. And that too Anegan's shows are not getting filled up in a jiffy.
    Anegan is a new movie , so it is understandable. If anegan does not do that well, you'll see that YA will immediately take it back. You obviously have new movie from good director+seal able star combo which is bound to have some impact. the same would have happened even if it was I or Kaththi. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Ajde Nole!

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freedom,

Completely respect your views! On the 5 day vs 4 day comparison, it is unfortunate but the issue is no one tracks a day to day collection in Malaysia like US or UK. Also, if Kaththi had a 5 day festival release (with Poojai as competition), YA was a 4 day solo and saturated release. And we know the first 2 days never have a problem to fill in for big star movies due to loyal fans.

I don't think anyone is calling YA as a flop (maybe some did, but that always happens from either side when a Vijay or Ajith movie releases). Some websites/trackers (whatever you want to call them) are hinting towards it being an average from a business perspective mainly due to the 30% tax. We will have to wait and see what the exact outcome is. Too early to even say its a blockbuster.

As for the 100cr point on Kaththi, again, I have read this numerous times here....ARM tweeted this, and almost all the so called trackers and industry bigwigs like UTV Dhananjay retweeted. Sri even congratulated ARM. No point discussing this, because either side is never going to come to an agreement here.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Anegan is a new movie , so it is understandable. If anegan does not do that well, you'll see that YA will immediately take it back. You obviously have new movie from good director+seal able star combo which is bound to have some impact. the same would have happened even if it was I or Kaththi. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I do not think so it would have happened if YA was doing great. So it should be doing good or decently well is what I presume. That is why I also mentioned the tickets for Anegan are not getting filled up quickly.On the other hand I think that the U certificate for Anegan might have tilted the odds in it's favour as I think that the bigger screens are mostly allotted to films that have tax exemption in a scenario when 2 films are expected to do equally well.
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 11th February 2015 at 12:50 AM.