Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1119

Thread: Obituary

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSV voice is apt for rajini in the song.....watch from 3.20....(manavinaigaL yaarudanO maayavanin vidhivakaikaL vidhivakaiyai mudivu seyyum vasantha kaala neeralaikaL)

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RIP mellisai mannar MSV ayya

Post Thanks / Like
    His demise is an irreplaceable loss to Indian Film Music. May his soul rest in peace.

My heartfelt condolences to the grieving family and innumerable fans.

My first recollection of watching a song tuned by Mellisai Mannar, in the cinema hall, was when I had watched "Nenjam Marappathillai". The memorable song bearing the film's name (for which he had composed the music along with T.K.Ramamoorthy), tugged at my heart strings and had made a profound impact on me. So had scores of his other songs, which he had composed individually, and also those with Ramamoorthy.

திரை இசை சக்ரவர்தியை, அவர்களின் இசையை, என்றும் நெஞ்சம் மறக்கபோவதில்லை.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    MSV voice is apt for rajini in the song.....watch from 3.20....(manavinaigaL yaarudanO maayavanin vidhivakaikaL vidhivakaiyai mudivu seyyum vasantha kaala neeralaikaL)

Wow, loved this movie, song .... and Rajni'st acting, he simply steals the show from all other artists. esp with those "awesome" expressions for the above lyrics !

I also liked the other version of this song sung by P.Jeyachandran (for kamal)!

Amazing songs, Excellent Film, Superb acting by Rajni! Thanks for sharing , I am going to watch this movie again ...
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grew up with Ilaiyaraaja's music (needless to say!)

There were so many tracks/songs from the late 70s through 80s that I thought were by IR but only later learnt they were by MSV..

'Ninaithale Inikkum' released same time (correct me if am wrong) as 'Priya' - was an absolute challenge to IR's genre defying creativity! track to track, NI matched and perhaps arguably bettered Priya!

Some tracks which I mistakenly attributed to IR, were just outstanding :

"Raagangal padhinaaru" for Rajini in Thillu Mullu (that delightful Rajini - in the super able hands of late KB - is gone baby gone, but I wont digress),

"Maan kanda sorgangal" - from 47 natkal - here is a track for a situation abt a demure Indian housewife leading a miserable life with a narcissistic husband cheating on her - the tune structure is so unique, unlike any I have heard - if it was set to tune to lyrics already written (Kannadasan ?), then a total ripper (a la Shane Warne knocking off Chanderpaul's leg stump pitching almost outside the pitch's edge)..

The best of them - IMHO - were "Kanna kaanum kangal mella" from 'agni satchi' - one of the alltime greats of SPB - the bass line made it sound distractingly IRish! The parts "nilaa kaala megam ellaam, ulaa pogum neram kanney" in the pallvi, or, "nodiyil naal thorum niram maarum devi, vidai thaan kidaikkamal thadumarum kelvi" in the charanam - classic crossover between a lullaby and a romantic pathos melody....

and MSV's version of "Theertha karaiyiniley" (even though I did not like the way the tune meanders at 'vedhanai seigudhadi') is perhaps the best tribute to Bharathiar's words..beautifully rendered by SPB..

If IR (arguably) was a major factor contributing to the cult status of both Rajini and Kamal, MSV undeniably was an absolute major factor to creating the MGR 'cult' in TN cinema & the latter's ascent in politics....

The reach of movie tracks in creating a sense of euphoria amongst the masses often deluding them to blindly believe in their political masters was fully demonstrated by the way MGR in particular exploited the talents of MSV-TKR and Kannadasan to further his political ambitions..

MGR/DMK/ADMK/AIADMK/JJ et al owe MSV-TKR combo for making 'leaders' out of stars..and successful political parties out of a bunch of hooligans..

That, MSV's passing away has not garnered the attention he so richly deserves (am too small to even say anything like this) - says a lot about how artists are treated in our homeland...

But for the foundation MSV and co laid, we may not have seen the evolution leading to IR and ARR...

RIP - MSV's legacy will live forever...
    Last edited by irir123; 17th July 2015 at 12:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Raaja Sir exactly reflects my thoughts on how MSV aiyyaa was the reason why and how the Dravidian political movements became successful !

Post Thanks / Like
    There were few movies IR & MSV did together like "Mella thiranthathu kathavu", one more Prabhu movie ( in the 90's with suganya). I heard / read some where that IR did the BGM for these movies while MSV did the song composition ... but the songs sounded too IRish, can some one verify this ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    There were few movies IR & MSV did together like "Mella thiranthathu kathavu", one more Prabhu movie ( in the 90's with suganya). I heard / read some where that IR did the BGM for these movies while MSV did the song composition ... but the songs sounded too IRish, can some one verify this ?

some of the tunes/melodies might have been collaborative efforts - 'vaa vennilaa' from MTK is definitely tuned by MSV while the entire orchestration was undoubtedly IR...
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    Yes that was the Prabhu film, I was referring too ..