Thread: Roles that you wish Sivaji Ganesan had taken up...

Threaded View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Roles that you wish Sivaji Ganesan had taken up...

When you talk of Nadigar Thilagam, the consensus usually is that he has done everything that's there under the Sun when it comes to acting. There is not a role he hasn't performed, so say we all of us.

Yet, I have lived for atleast 10 years now wishing that there was more - greedy? Maybe. Then again, maybe not. Because we all know there was so much to him than we saw on screen in his career.

Ok, the preamble out of the way, here's the parameters: Think about roles that were on offer during his career (1952-2001), that were performed by someone else, who might have done a competent job, too. The parameters are:
    * It should be a role that happened on screen during his career, and dont restrict yourself to Tamil
    * It doesnt matter if it is a miniscule role, or a 2-bit role. The idea is to think how he would have done it. As in, it may be beneath his dignity to act in a 2-bit role, but then it is not about what the role brings to the actor rather what the actor brings to the role, isn't it? So, the idea is what film might have been enhanced by his presence, even in a 2-bit role.
    * The other way to think about it is what role could have shown a facet that we never saw in his career, but know in our hearts that he had it.
    I had a hesitation to start this thread, for some of my suggestions will be laughable for hardcore Sivaji fans - so the disclaimer is that this is just my sensibility, and I want to see how others see the same aspect. As in, we are all the blind men trying to describe the elephant that he was, arent we? I might touch his ears and say, he is a muram, while you might touch the legs and say he is a thooN.
    The idea is to fantasise along these lines here...As is usual, we might even think of a poll along these lines.
    P.S: Another motive is to revive the Classics forum. When it started, we all expressed concern that it might reduce discussion on classics. Looks like it is going down that path...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement