Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IR Darisanam - Info reg IR attending Function

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anegan
    சில மீடியாவும் மற்றும் சிலரும் வாய்க்கு அவள் கிடைத்தார் போல
    அநேகன்,

இரண்டு விஷயங்கள் :

ஒன்று - இங்கே ஹப்'பில் எழுதுவோரின் கவலை இவர் ஏன் அவல் கொடுக்கிறார் என்பது தான்

மற்றொன்று - இங்கு எழுதுவோரில் மிக்கவரும் அவரது நலம் விரும்பிகள் ஐயா, எதிராளிகள் அல்ல

irir123 நடையாய் நடந்து பாஸ்டன் வானொலியிலெல்லாம் ராசா பாட்டு ஒலிக்க வைத்ததை அறிவீரா?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    for all that i care, IR cud be an anarchist, communist, iconoclast or whatever he chooses to be - thats entirely his personal choice - but time and again, he gives an appearance of choosing to be in the limelight for the 'wrong' reason, making all kinds of funny remarks besides deliberately infusing cryptic words with even bizarre meaning into the one song, which purportedly shows him as a person

he may or may not mean what he says, but in the overall context, it all gives an appearence of unprofessionalism - one does not have to be falsely modest/humble, but the least he can do is desist from making silly remarks about other composers words/utterances, particularly when those words have nothing to do with IR himself!

Post Thanks / Like
    irir123,

I have always maintained that as far as great artists are concerned, it is very difficult to separate their personality and their art. What I mean is, if Raja is not the Raja we see and hear, he may probably not produce the music that we hear from him. There have been many artists who couldn't be separated from their 'drinks', the greatest writer of them all, Dostoyevsky, found it difficult to overcome his lifelong passion for gambling and I am sure there are many more such instances in the life of different artists. Art and the artist are emotionally entwined and we need to understand this fact. Raja is probably able to give that emotional edge because he is an emotional person. Whereas lot of composers nowadays are media savvy but that emotional edge is missing. Plum has pointed out in another thread as to how even a supposed sad song like 'Anjala' (from VA) has very unemotional backing.

As far as the Azhagar Malai song goes, I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. I mean you can accuse the lyrics of being pedestrian and moronic but I don't think we can put so much meaning into it. It seems to be a very generic song. BTW, the tune is excellent and I love the way Raja sings it.

(Dig: Just to provide some perspective, it is not as if all MDs in the past have been very humble. There is a real story about Sajjad Hussain, a very talented composer and a contemporary of Naushad, telling Lata, "Naushad Miyan ke gaane samjhe kya. Teak se gao". ("Did you think this is a Naushad's composition. Sing properly!!" ) Sajjad Hussain did not seem to have had great regard for Naushad's compositions!! Sajjad Hussain was a very talented composer, who unfortunately never got to do many films because he got himself into lot of controversies due to his temper. Whether he could have given the same sort of music without his temper is a debatable question.)

Post Thanks / Like
    After I posted I searched for the exact words spoken by Sajjad Hussain to Lata. This is what I got, "During a recording, he called out tartly to Lata Mangeshkar struggling at the mike with one of his intricate compositions, "Yeh Naushad miyan ka gaana nahin hai, aap ko mehnat karni padegi."

Meaning: This is not a Naushad's composition. You need to put in effort.

(Source: http://drishtikone.com/?q=blog/sajja...n-mohan-copied)

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    irir123,

He spoke wonderfully about Balu Mahendra in 'Coffee with Anu'. So I cannot agree with you that he blabbers.
    Did IR participate in Coffee With Anu? Any links for the video?

Post Thanks / Like
    kingvj,

IR did not participate in 'Coffee with Anu'. In an episode that Balu Mahendra participated in, he came on what is called as the 'On TV segment' as one of the people commenting on Balu Mahendra.

I don't have the link but if you search youtube you should be able to get it. It is towards the end of the episode.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    Sureshs65 - please tell me what is the meaning of "pattiniyum, paamararum, Bharathathhin selvamandro ?!" - 'poverty, and hunger are India's wealth ?!" - if this is not mystic nonsense, then what is it ?
    selvam here refers to children....mazhalai selvangal endru solvadhai pola.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123