Page 326 of 339 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3383

Thread: Sir Sachin Tendulkar 4

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i wish him to get rid of his defensive mode and go all attacking before calling it a day/era...
    Sach is Life..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Batting average plummetted to 53.86. Even during the worst tennis elbow and shoulder injury days of 2004-06 it was close to 55.

3.09 point drop since WC 2011.

Another article by some boha on why tendulkar should retire now is in cricinfo.
    Iam sure the average went below 53 in the 2008 SL tour. But nothing can deny the fact that he's on the wane. It's been a sad decline. But he hasn't looked bad at all IMHO . Got starts, looked fairly comfortable facing pacers, but struggled against spin..
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    i wish him to get rid of his defensive mode and go all attacking before calling it a day/era...
    Yes. He is overtly defensive to even the crappiest of bowlers for reasons best known to him.
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No it was above 54.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ing;view=match
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Iam sure the average went below 53 in the 2008 SL tour. .

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Oh...I got it wrong then....
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick Singles with Pragyan Ojha

Do you have a unique cricket souvenir?
    I have the impression of Sachin paaji's right palm in Plaster of Paris, which I have framed and will hang in my new house, which is under construction.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/627313.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Rarest of rare uploads.

Sachin Tendulkar 91 vs England at Sharjah 1997

Post Thanks / Like
    Found an interesting piece on 90's cricket. Absolutely great writing. Sparks some very good memories on the int'l cricket

Now this is for the others, not for the Diehards or the Fanbois. There usually are several tipping points in players' careers. I felt that in Kambli's case, he started out mastering domestic bowlers for a few seasons starting from around 1990. Once he got to Tests, he realised the English pacemen had little venom, and the spinners little bite, and he extended his mastery to the international level. Now it must be said that he really was on top of his game - just to quote an instance, there was this Oct 1993 Duleep trophy game where South Zone was playing West Zone, Kumble came on to bowl the first morning and promptly Kambli went down the pitch and slapped the first ball so hard and high, it smacked the parapet wall of the stadium and bounced inside. This was confidence at its peak, those were 2 golden years where Kambli could do nothing wrong(Dravid mentioned this in Cricinfo recently).

The run continued till '94 till the day of reckoning which was the Bombay test morning against WI. It was a very lively wicket and Walsh simply made the ball talk. Kambli kept flashing and lived dangerously to score 40 but clearly he was sorted out in that innings. He came face to face with some serious deficiencies that he'd never encountered before in his armour.
    There was no real test by fire in 1995 so Kambli chose to take things easy and not work on his flaws. More significantly he was running into discipline issues and his drinking problem escalated.

Where Kambli lost out was in the 1994-95 series with England A who were travelling India. India A had a very extended series with them and the prominent ones for Ind A were Dravid, Ganguly, Amre, Mazumdar etc. That was a very crucial series played on lively wickets all along with the English seamers finding plenty of help. Dravid and Ganguly played several decent knocks then, often having to endure several periods of testing to work out the runs.

I think later in 1995 there was also a SAARC Cup played in Bangladesh or so....this was also on very lively wickets. Ganguly, Dravid and Amre were very much in the thick of things there. That proved to be a valuable experience as well. Honestly, I was pretty surprised at the tremendous transition of Ganguly when June 1996 came along. Looking back, its not hard to see how it happened.

Meanwhile, Tendulkar had a pretty glorious 1994-95 as well in the Ranji trophy. I remember him belting out 856 runs in Ranji, in 4 games with 5 centuries. Those 856 runs came off a mere 853 balls. I believe this was the time he really decided to dominate and hit the ball at every scoring opportunity. The piece de resistance was the 1995 semifinal on a treacherous pitch at Mumbai. TN batted first and were all out for some 145 or so. It was expected to be a competitive total on that pitch. Mumbai batted and Tendulkar smashed up 175 off 130 balls to take Mumbai to 330. A modest total but more than enough to win by an innings.

There was a huge difference between the Tendulkar of 1994 and 1996. Note that in the Australiasia Cup 94, he had just started out opening after the success at Auckland in Feb 94(82 off 49 balls blitzkrieg). He was hammering Akram left and right, racing to 72 off 61 balls in the league match and Akram was actually trying to keep Jadeja on strike in around the 10th over or so When the run rate was motoring at run a ball around the 12th over, he really should have looked to consolidate and bring up a 275. Instead he threw his wicket and India collapsed to a modest score. Against Australia, chasing 244, he went after McGrath but it was only a matter of time before someone was going to take a blinder(Taylor did) and he fell for 24. Now Sidhu and Jadeja took over, they were happy to milk the bowling. Warne had them all at sea, coming up with a 7 over spell for 14 runs. Even though, Jadeja and Sidhu notched up 80 plus each. Sidhu decided to go after Warne and fell. Promptly Kambli and Azhar came up to knock off the rest, infact Kambli coming up with that brazen and fantastic assault off Warne

(to be contd later).

http://www.indiancricketfans.com/sho...=295895&page=5

Post Thanks / Like