Page 330 of 339 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3383

Thread: Sir Sachin Tendulkar 4

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ This has again spiralled down to SRT getting criticised. Read news articles from Indiatimes and CNN IBN asking as to how an out of form Tendulkar can advise selectors. Guess people are just waiting for an opportunity to pounce on the man.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Avanga kekkaradhum vaasthavam dhan. SA series oda muzhukku dhan nenaikuren.

Post Thanks / Like
    He just answered a question posed to him. I am pretty sure it never implied him personally or any other cricketer. Its true that he's invoked a lot of criticism lately for extending his career.But this is just plain media scrutiny over an issue that doesn't require so much attention. For his sake I hope he plays well in SA and leaves on a high.
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/667541.html

The BCCI has planned a Test series at home in November against West Indies, ahead of the scheduled South Africa tour, thus ensuring Sachin Tendulkar plays his landmark 200th Test at home; he will perhaps bid farewell to the game at the end of the Test series. However a list of upcoming series approved and announced by the board on Sunday made no mention of the tour of South Africa, scheduled to take place from the end of November.

Tendulkar, who is two Tests short of becoming the first cricketer to feature in 200 Tests, was expected to put an end to his 24-year sojourn at the highest level at the end of the South Africa Test series. The Tests series against West Indies, which will comprise of at least two Tests likely to be played in Kolkata and Mumbai in November, offers him a perfect stage to sign off in his hometown.

The BCCI claimed to have received an email from the WICB confirming its interest in the series, and accordingly placed the proposal before the working committee.

As important as the series is from the Tendulkar angle, the BCCI was also concerned about India's lack of home fixtures for almost 12 months. This would have meant the Indian board's revenues would have taken a hit.
    Will be sorely disappointed if the SA tour is called off.
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    AF, LM....Have a read at this article on Sachin's 90 against Australia in the 96 WC. Probably one of the best articles that I've read on SRT.....

http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-a...innocent/76462

February 27, 1996. Sachin Tendulkar stands in the middle of Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium, his home ground, a pulsing floodlit amphitheatre that sways to his command. He scans the field, dotted with Australian fielders, splotches of mustard sauce in a vast expanse of green. His palms grasp a plank of balsa that points heavenwards. Damien Fleming, goateed, hustles in from the Tata End. Tendulkar pats his bat against the earth once, then twice. The crowd’s chant approaches crescendo. Another pat and Tendulkar is ready; ready for mischief.
    And as a reference, here is the ball by ball footage from Robelinda aka Rob Moody

― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..............And there it is..

Tendulkar to retire after 200th Test

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/678469.html

Post Thanks / Like
    News padikkum podhey my heart is heavy...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    he has made it really easy for us by moving out in phases...
    we were almost prepared for it in the past one year and so it is manageable...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years. It’s hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it’s all I have ever done since I was 11 years old.

It’s been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test Match on home soil, as I call it a day.

I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time! I thank my family for their patience and understanding.

Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best” - Sachin Tendulkar.

Post Thanks / Like
    200th match venue? Has to be Mumbai...Chennai-la nadatha aasa pattalum mazha vandhrumnu nenaikiren.