Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skin Complexion? a 'Must' for marital life?

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiglitz
    I've noticed that light skin does make a person look more attractive to the human eye.

I've been attracted to many Caucasian Girls...but when I imagine them with the same features, with the skintone of an african american, it doesn't seem that attractive anymore. Not because of the color, but maybe white skin is just more suitable for many features?
    That works both ways. White skin is more suitable for many features, and dark skin is more suitable for other features. I've seen plenty of attractive dark-skinned Tamil girls who'd look fabulously ugly if they'd had the skintone of someone from Iceland.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read somewhere on this hub quite recently that "brown is the best". Somewhere else I was told that women in India bleach their skin in order to find a groom. So sad.

It is believed that food, climate and habitation play a big role in structure and color or skin tone.

An attraction to someone or finding someone sexy goes beyond skin tone. The person might be dark, but there could be a number of underlying factors about that person that are responsible for how you feel towards that person.

Even the people who migrate to the north or countries of colder climates change in skin tone, hair texture and perhaps physical features too, so much after a few years. You will even see much difference in their children born in the colder climates. Much less those born from ancestors living in colder climates millions of years ago?

I have seen so much potential in dark skin men and women. They just need to know how to take care of their skin tone, choose their clothing, fix their hair and take care of their bodies. But this is not a problem with the children born in the west. Regardless of skin tone, all can look graceful, if they know how.

Dark skin taken care off and the rest, look so attractive with certain colours of clothing. I know for a fact whites envy such attractive skin colours.

As Lambretta said, no one is satisfied with what they have. The whites want tan skin color and the dark or brown skinned want the tinted hair of the white.

I don’t believe lighter skin is the first thing that necessarily catches the eyes in all instances. Mannerisms, character, intelligence, education, personality etc. can be the first. It all depends on what an individual prefers or finds most important whether consciously or unconsiously, at first.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Punnaimaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been attracted to many Caucasian Girls...but when I imagine them with the same features, with the skintone of an african american, it doesn't seem that attractive anymore. Not because of the color, but maybe white skin is just more suitable for many features?

When someone told my grandmother that she was very fair, she used to jokingly say "ஆயிரம் கொறைய மறைக்க ஒரு வெள்ள அவ்வளவு தான்"
    இந்தக் காட்டில் எந்த மூங்கில் இசைக்க வல்லது என்று மயங்கிய பொழுது
    இறைவன் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தப் புல்லாங்குழல் தான் நம் இசைஞானி !!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Skin Complexion? a 'Must' for marital life".

Imagine the foundation for martial life on one level and on the other to rule.

I met one Telegu boy years back who believed the girl must be fair; the Ram Seeta image in Indian culture.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Stiglitz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by podalangai
    I've noticed that light skin does make a person look more attractive to the human eye.

That works both ways. White skin is more suitable for many features, and dark skin is more suitable for other features. I've seen plenty of attractive dark-skinned Tamil girls who'd look fabulously ugly if they'd had the skintone of someone from Iceland.
    Good Point! But what's an example? LIke a famous dark skinned girl who'd look ugly if she had white skin. Not Fair Skin, but White Skin. Shreya Reddy and Rajinikanth are the ones that come to my mind right away. :P

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Stiglitz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Punnaimaran

When someone told my grandmother that she was very fair, she used to jokingly say "ஆயிரம் கொறைய மறைக்க ஒரு வெள்ள அவ்வளவு தான்"
    U Mean "White Skin covers many Flaws"?

That's the point i was trying to make.

Also most Black men who are considered to be good looking would look just wierd if they had white skin.

Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Tupac, etc.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All this skin complexion stuff forms part of a person's perception of the opposite sex's appearance.

I know of people who decide a person's outlook based on features like nose or even toes. Its all based on personal preference. My schoolmate once told me of a friend who is "addicted" to girls with loads of makeup. And makeup as in literally powdering your face.

All of us have our own preference when it comes to deciding on the opposite sex's appearance based on stuff like skin complexion. But when you think of it in the marriage context, it is only about 1% of a successful marriage unless the person has some mentality where he can only live with girls of his preferred skin complexion.

In our culture context, most of our women especially those in traditional households are brought up to be obedient and totally endearing to society values and because of this similar aspect, the grooms tend to look at the appearance to decide their ideal life partner and thus the skin complexion issue. If our women were allowed to grow up with their character given freedom, such an issue would be wiped out long ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    I know of people who decide a person's outlook based on features like nose or even toes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    If our women were allowed to grow up with their character given freedom, such an issue would be wiped out long ago.
    Thank you. Just happen to be one of those fortunate ones. :P

We are not saying that features are not important. Afterall no one wants something "unbearable", unless they can't do better or they themselves are unbearable.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Punnaimaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Punnaimaran

U Mean "White Skin covers many Flaws"?

That's the point i was trying to make.

Also most Black men who are considered to be good looking would look just wierd if they had white skin.

Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Tupac, etc.
    Yes, I seconded your thought.
    இந்தக் காட்டில் எந்த மூங்கில் இசைக்க வல்லது என்று மயங்கிய பொழுது
    இறைவன் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தப் புல்லாங்குழல் தான் நம் இசைஞானி !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast