Page 123 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #86 இளமை இதோ இதோ
    (சகல கலா வல்லவன் , 1982)

One of the most popular numbers ever in the SPB-IR combo! The lyrics are typical Valee-ism and the beneficiery in this case is KH ('nAn thAn sakala kalA vallavan', which is quite fitting)! IR's extremely succesful mix of class & mass In other words, presenting some novel, innovative orchestration in a thoroughly commercial format and succeed! The trumpets, bass, synth and the drums - AhA, I love the drum-hitting-in-the-end-of-the-saraNam! One of IR's best drum sounds

SPB thoroughly enjoyed this song (made for each other)! Equally enjoyable is the karOke version which got played on buses often.

Watched the movie at the time of release in Trichy Cauvery theater (a/c located in the congested Palakkarai area) and it was one of the very few occasions when I got scared by the rowdyism in crowd Anyways, the movie created bad taste in many ways and that was just one. Ofcourse, the best part of the movie was katta vaNdi (2 times) and nilA kAyudhu, both MV songs. (IR-KH possibly differentiated the kAttAn KH & modern KH with MV-SPB which went in favor of MV)...
    Last edited by app_engine; 27th June 2012 at 01:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Memorable songs App! (no words can describe the songs of SKV). Nethu Rathiri - Again my top pick of SKV even compared to Ilamai Idho Idho and nila kaayuthu, as I 'more' frequently listen to this song compared to Ilamai Idho Idho. Perfect erotic number. Through the arabian arrangements and setting Maestro takes to another level of erotica. While we are seduced by the husky 'Yamma' of SJ, SPB comes with his style of 'Yamma' (from @2:25) with his voice goes baritone and intentional cracking. Wow! No singer in the world can ever do that. All awards should have been poured for this song for SPB. And what a way to complement by SJ.

Hear the line before this and we cannot even imagine this line would come, again a great stealer by Maestro!
    அஞ்சு விரல் பட்டவுடன் அஞ்சகத்த தொட்டவுடன் ஆனந்தம் வாரேவா (again that cracky ending!)

அம்மாடி ஆத்தாடி உன்னாலதான் (again the feel SPB given in this line, can anyone in this world can do? Impossible!)

Our friends were very crazy about this song and that 'Yamma' by SPB.

Perfect song for a moonlight sea travel on a open boat dancing to this number!

Still remember watching this movie on the front row and since many of my friends already watched it, they were creating all the suspense of how the post-interval would be! Unimaginable! Still today I get goosebumps whenever I rewind my memories on the day I watched this film first time. We were all out during interval to enjoy some fresh air (as that theatre was not having a/c at that time, now it has) and everyone was asking about my feedback. I was already on cloud 9. As far as I remember this was the first Kamal film which was talked so much on par and even greater to Rajini's mass films. And this is the film from where I became a big fan of Kamal. Again still today could not believe the post-interval opening, a cracker! What a punch! Again a top film for me and can watch any numer of times. Kamal
    Last edited by V_S; 18th July 2011 at 07:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #87 பூக்கள் சிந்துங்கள் கொஞ்சும் தேவ சந்தங்கள்
    (நிழல் தேடும் நெஞ்சங்கள், 1982 , ஜானகியுடன்)

An example as to how IR's creativity was simply overflowing in this year! A drum delight with a very catchy tune and format! Right from the start where the chorus sings 'dhoo thoo!' it's full of pullarips! All for a relatively unknown team and a movie that didn't make any impact whatsoever but this song is still dearly loved!

I intro'd the song to the village teastaller and he got it in the cassette and it became such a sought after number by all the boys! Had some radio-time but mostly became popular by the 'recording-center' thingy! The drum sounds where so enjoyable that those shops loved to play this in high decibels to create a sensation those days.

It's more of a Janaki song with SPB appearing only during the second interlude (with puli urumal voice that supposedly played havoc to his throat in a later-time-song; but he was ok doing stunts like this during earlier days).

A must listen for all IR lovers!

(BTW, there's another stylish Janaki / Deepan Chakravarthy song in this movie, 'idhu kanavukaL' )
    Last edited by app_engine; 19th July 2011 at 09:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This NTN song definitely predates (at least by months if not years) the 'nAn thAn tAppu meethi ellAm dooppu', so the later song was the sandham recycle while 'pookkaL sindhungaL' was the original. (ARR had a song of a similar sandham - mAyA machcheendrA)

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=app_engine;711655]#85 நேத்து ராத்திரி யம்மா
    (சகல கலா வல்லவன் , 1982 , ஜானகியுடன்)

Hi
    I remember as kids, or even in high school days, we were not allowed to watch Nethu rathri & Nila kayuthu songs ! Strictly a NO NO from both of my parents. hehehe,,, And didnt hear much to understand the songs & their technicalities of these songs, hence even today i would probably skip this 2 songs from watching, I dont know why... Nethu rathiri yamma, was KH with Silukku , if Im not mistaken ?

Recent times, I remember seeing the spoof of nethu rathiri in Sivaji (2007), an unwarranted first nite scene!! and he will pull Sivaji ganessan .MGR to KH,,, and for what course ?? totally absurd ! makes me think, Man, you want to insert a song here, just do it !!! Pavum anthe aatmakkal (NT & MGR & Silukku) Spare them....

2nd, another spoof in a movie called Tamizhpadam, where there will be a character like Vjkanth in Vaidehi Kathirunthaal, and each nite at 12am he will start to sing this song nethu rathiri so that the villagers will go to (sleep) ehem hem... duh!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everlasting New Year song and Ever lasting erotic song from SKV. Thanks App for the picks.

Whenever I hear Ilamai Idho Idho, I remember the Ooty Trip I went with my Mom (who is a doctor and was a visiting lecturer in Coimbatore Medical College) and the medical college students. I was probably around 8 or 9yrs old at that time. Ilamai Idho Idho was played countless times on that trip. That song was a complete rage among the students. That's how this song got etched in my mind and I get the same excitement every time I listen to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    ~Ilamai Itho Itho~

Ahh,,Now this song is a whole diffrent story all together, I love this song very much, from the
    beginning to the ending stroke !! What an energizing & vibrant song, the orchestration, drums,trumpets and the equally invigoratingly fast beat singing! Hes the man!! the way he goes hey,hey,,,,& kalej teenage pengal ellorkkum en meethu kangal! Blasting away with awesomely ! An eternal new year song!

I like the part whr he will stick a flower on the actress's ear, Yaar kaathilum poo sutruven! naan than sagalakala vallavan,,,

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Small, but related digression: I heard back then that Kamal injured (I know, the usual) himself during shooting this song (Ilamai Itho Itho). Anyone?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    SPB-SJ sings so well, terrific guitar & northie-sounding.
    Obviously This Lyrics of this song was not as vulgar as Nila kayuthu!

I love the way SPB says "Ach acha Pachai kizhi"
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App anna

Lovely pick of "Ilamai itho itho" absolutely energetic stuff from SPB,I can not think of any singer whom are known for their versatility (TMS, Kishore kumar) can do justice to this song, SPB 's stamina is unmatched ( I often used to wonder how a man of SPB size has an awesome stamina of an athlete ) . Now, coming back to this song from "Hi every body wish you a happy new year” till the end, it is just amazing!

Listen to the lines of "Shabab beebpara beeba shariba heeey " he will drag this hey bit for almost a minute and end on high octave (8)! Simply stunning
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 19th July 2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye