Page 124 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #88 சந்தனக்காற்றே செந்தமிழ் ஊற்றே
    (தனிகாட்டு ராஜா, 1982 , ஜானகியுடன்)

Absolute stunner! The ending of the saraNam alone is sufficient to prove the greatness of this IR-SPB-SJ combo! Unbeatable ever! I can go on using superlatives for this song but none can describe the fantastic feeling one gets when driving alone listening to this song - very, very dear to me!

Ofcourse for a kuppai movie - Rajinikanth losing out to Jaishankar on Sridevi and ends up romancing Sripriya in another SPS stunner - a lead guitar delight - rAsAvE onna nAn eNNiththAn. Some years back, I rented this DVD from an Indian store in Ypsilanti and got enough thittu. The movie never got watched in full, even though it was weeks after I returned the DVD to store. Such an intolerable one despite Rajini & Sridevi. Definite vizhalukku iRaiththa neer by rAsA.

Both these songs survived big time, however, and are dear to me ever since they arrived. (I'll feature the other SPB songs from this movie as well in this thread as they all had some airtime, loudspeaker time etc those days, even though didn't gain much favor from me).

The prelude alone is sufficient to keep my pulse racing! The only thing tolerable on screen is possibly this song where the great star pair walk / dance around in a park. Rajini was quite smart and it was a Telunguish Sridevi here IIRC. Will try to post the youtube...
    Last edited by app_engine; 19th July 2011 at 09:40 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    The ettu-nattam sentiment removed the 'க்' from the title

Here's the youtube of santhanakkARRE :

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App, Santhana Katre is a fabulous song. Btw my favourite is Nanthanda ippo devadoss SPB rocked .

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santhan Katre is one Fabulous song, Rajni and Sri devi
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    #88 சந்தனக்காற்றே செந்தமிழ் ஊற்றே
    (தனிகாட்டு ராஜா, 1982 , ஜானகியுடன்)

Absolute stunner! The ending of the saraNam alone is sufficient to prove the greatness of this IR-SPB-SJ combo! Unbeatable ever! I can go on using superlatives for this song but none can describe the fantastic feeling one gets when driving alone listening to this song - very, very dear to me!
    Very well said! No superlatives required, just listen to it to believe it!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    stunning strings in sandhana....

playful mirudhangam prelude and tantalizing violin and flute lude in mullai arumbe....Vasu and Janu.

maane thaene kattipudi... too seriyaana danceable mirudhangam.

Janu is THE MATCH for Bala with sexy allure!

Janumma is AMAZING!

Rajini is oozing with awesomeness.

thanks app_eng.
    vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 19th July 2011 at 08:57 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    The only thing tolerable on screen is possibly this song where the great star pair walk / dance around in a park. Rajini was quite smart and it was a Telunguish Sridevi here IIRC. Will try to post the youtube...
    Sridevi looking beautiful is not surprising but Rajini did look ravishing in this particular song. IMO his great looks in songs is a toss up between this one and kaadhalin dheepam onru. Very smart indeed.

Beautiful song. And what expressive singing. Louu apdiyE vadiyum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    IMO his great looks in songs is a toss up between this one and kaadhalin dheepam onru. Very smart indeed.
    +1, very impressed with Rajini after revisiting the song on youtube!

I like the songs where Rajini does no dancing but expresses stylishly - comparable to Sivaji of younger days

At the end, the youtube prompted me to go to 'rAsAvE onna nAn' kyA kartA hai, hey Rajini sir?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was a ramesh naidu movie, a remake of telugu movie..
    I recall watching this movie as a kid and the one that stuck me was the cinematography and color scheme of things. Later brain developed and associated such
    color patterns with manavaadu movies. But yes.. Rasaave onnai naan is a stunner that got to me even those early days..
    Years later when I was going through a pile of kannada classics by raaja, heard the song "Aakashadhindha jaari" from "Mathu thappidha magaa"? (or is it some other movie?)
    where the charanam interlude arrangements are the same as "Raasave onnai naan" and made me say "whoa"...
    Coming back to Sandhana kaatre, the instrumental clincher is the electric guitar - what a funky out of the box usage of this instrument - purely whacky, yet totally appealing.
    As far as SPB- SJ chemistry goes..
    a line by SPB and a gentle nod "nana nana" then branch off to an aarohanam in a different scale followed by that haunting glide of "thara nana nana nana" ending up in the pallavi on a lower scale - these are two awesome eagles with years of flying together giving us a demonstration in flight..
    Their majesty and proficiency make every flight an arresting sight. Ilaiyaraaja presents these wonderful birds with a beautiful blue sky and scintilliating drafts of swara transitions in the song which these birds use like staircases to climb up and down, roll and turn much to the delight of dumbfounded spectators like us.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    #89 நான் தான்டா இப்போ தேவதாஸ்
    (தனிகாட்டு ராஜா, 1982 )

Awesome singing by SPB (he packs some extra energy for any drunk song IMO). The song sounds somewhat similar to mAmEn oru nAL malligappoo koduththAn. IR did another one with similar styled tune later on for K Bhagyaraj (kaNNaththoRakkanum sAmi, the famous murungaikkAi song).

Catchy beat pattern, SPB & shenoy - IR possibly did this song in lightning speed at the peak of his creativity. As this thread's collection process shows, 1982 was perhaps a significant milestone year for him when he was scoring sixers all around the field. (If we also include the albums where SPB didn't feature, like Anandha rAgam, eera vizhikkAviyangaL, thooRal ninnu pOchchu, thAi moogAmbikai, kOzhi koovuthu whose disk was out and that narasoos song etc - what a year!)

Perhaps that was one reason why I didn't so favourably respond to this number at the time of arrival. If one listens to this simply as a song, it's quite impressive!