Page 133 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #98 நினைவெல்லாம் நித்யா நித்யா
    (நினைவெல்லாம் நித்யா, 1982)

What a sweet title for a movie!

(Well, one should look from the 1982 perspective and erase the controversial sAmiyAr from the mind )

And what a sweet short song! The sweet flute, guitar and the mild background ambience to SPB's longing voice!

After the stupendous success of IO & AUA, the third movie where Sridhar & IR colloborated. And their best album together IMSO. Also one of the very best in IR/SPB combo albums. Quite innovative, experimental, futuristic, ever-green...use any superlative adjective and it fits this disc!

The young, thuLLal Karthik got signed up for this movie which should have charged up IR & SPB to give their best. On top of it, kAdhal mannan's daughter was roped in as the heroini. I don't think any intro-actress had so much of media coverage ever before. She was on covers of practically all Thamizh mags that used to hang on pettikkadais around the state. Though she was average looking, her dad's popularity (and step-mom's and half-sister's) made sure she was the talk of the town. She was called Jiji and was the poster girl UNTIL the release of the movie. After it bombed, nothing was ever heard of her. Possibly went back to medical college where she was a student at the time of movie-chance.

This was the LP disk that had 6 great full-size songs (3 SPB solos / 1 SPB-SJ / 1 MV-PS / 1 SJ solo) plus this short song.

As per my dost who went and caught it on cassette the same day the disk came to the center, it also contained instrumental tracks - many tik-tik-tik BGMs and ullAsappaRavaikaL title score. So, he captured those as well in that cassette. A cassette that was to play in the hostel for months and months!
    Last edited by app_engine; 29th July 2011 at 12:04 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    nanRi V_S & genesis!

We're coming close to the 100th day celebration of this compilation process. I've manipulated the order of movies within 1982 in such a way to bring one of my most fav albums for that landmark. Starting today, it will be ninaivellAm nithyA

Now a request for readers of this thread - which of the following ones do you want to feature as the #100?

-rOjAvaiththAlAttum thenRal (my choice as it has SPB-SJ)
    -pani vizhum malar vanam (one of the best fusion numbers ever in TFM)
    -nee thAnE enthan pon vasantham (one of best 2nd interludes ever in TFM)

The fourth & fifth numbers are not competing with them and I'll feature them as #98 & #99. So, y'all have two days to post your recos
    My choice: pani vizhum malar vanam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app, congrats on the 100th day, great going!

I too vote for pani vizhum malarvanam.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with Sangeetha jaadhi mullai is that whenever I listen to it, my mind throws up montages of struggling, grotesque faces of music competition participants! Surely one of the most abused songs in TV shows. App, the ragana sagana part towards the end is quite ok for me actually, aakroshathukku summara nallave irukku. Surely not in the category of jaangujakkus and jilimilees.

I'm also eagerly awaiting NN. A knockout punch from the man, this one is.
    This title song, I didnt even know was part of the album, until I heard it on Thiraipaadal a couple of weeks back! Nice little number.
    We'll be needing more of the behind the scenes and teekadai talks (esp on the lead lady). Plummer ku summon anuppunga pa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    my mind throws up montages of struggling, grotesque faces of music competition participants! Surely one of the most abused songs in TV shows.
    No wonder James Vasanthan was angry

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Well, one should look from the 1982 perspective and erase the controversial sAmiyAr from the mind"
    Rare pick App! This song is not often heard one, but it will steal you. Can't forget these songs first time watched on Doordharshan. Yes remember my aunt, relatives talked much about jiji. But she was way uncomfortable in all these songs (not seen the movie), must have been forced by GG.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Thank You Plum & Param , for the info,
    Undoubtedly that fellar in Kangalal Kaithu Sei has to be the worst ever ! dreadful choice for a hero!

Karthik, sweet hero of 80's &90s , an unique actor & fine find of BR in his own rights. Loved him so much in Mauna Raagam,

Im not a big fan of Bagyaraj, surely KH & RK should be thankful to BR, for giving an eternal cult hit 16 vayathinile, which opened the gateway for many many village oriented movies, during those days, i think.
    And KH having done more movies with BR..with lovely songs in most of the movies.

App, ungga college anubavanggal padipathu romba swarashiyamaa irukku, Todarnthu eluthungge, actualla, just songs patti mattum ezhuthuna avlo iyalbaa irukathu, naduvula naduvula maane thene, podare matiri, ningelum ungge college life patti ezhuthurathu suvaiya irukku. Kalloori naatkal, atha kadanthu vantha ellarukkum teriyum anthe naatkal ellame Azhagana Naatkal...

My vote is for Neethane en pon vasantham, with comical dance moves by ottu meesai Karthik in tight over-all and that lady, (jiji) awkward,funny expressions(less)face! ;D
    jokes apart, I love the interludes & preludes. and honey soaked singing by the great man !

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    KV, spot on with Sangeetha Jathi Mullai. Easy way out to impress half-past six judges.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine22 View Post
    should be thankful to BR, for giving an eternal cult hit 16 vayathinile, which opened the gateway for many many village oriented movies
    From the Goundamani thread in TF section let me quote some magazine's interview with Gounder's sister :

Quote Originally Posted by sis of GM
    இப்பதான் சினிமாவில் இத்தனை வாய் பேசறான். சின்ன வயதில் பேசவே மாட்டான். பேசினாலும் மெதுவாகத்தான் பேசுவான். 15 வயதிலேயே ‘நானும் நாடகத்தில் நடிக்கப் போகிறேன்’ என்று விடாமல் நச்சரித்ததால் நான்தான் சென்னைக்குக் கொண்டு போய் விட்டு வந்தேன். பாய்ஸ் கம்பெனியில் சேர்ந்து, பின்னர் எம்.ஆர்.ஆர்.வாசு, ஓ.ஏ.கே.தேவர் நாடகங்களில் நடித்த பிறகுதான் சினிமாவில் நடிக்கத் தொடங்கினான். பாரதிராசா படத்துல நடிச்ச பிறகுதான் வெளியில் முகம் தெரியத் தொடங்கியது.
    IMO, very significant contribution by BR to TF

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 to Your college life anecdotes App.
    As I speak, needhaane starts in raj tv - ninaivellaam nithya is running. I'll take that as a divine vote for it to be #100