Page 173 of 400 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    So just wanted to know how the telugu lyrics compares to thamizh lyrics, if you can post in telugu lyrics thread. Because I love the lyrics here.
    +1, simbly love the 'மனதில் ஓசைகள், இதழில் மௌனங்கள்' line, vaira vari
    Last edited by app_engine; 9th September 2011 at 10:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    #140 மௌனமான நேரம், இளமனதில் என்ன பாரம்?
    (சலங்கை ஒலி, 1983 , ஜானகியுடன்)

As mentioned before, he is now my co-bro (bachelor at the time when we both slAgiththufied music in his mottamAdi on a warm evening, enjoying the breeze along with PM & IR...didn't know it was PM then, also he wasn't a rAsA fanatic like me but enjoyed all kinds of music). Attending his wedding 2 years later resulted in me finding my mate, proving this theory : "marriages are made in wedding ceremonies"

1984 as I very clearly remember this to be a 1983 movie. Someone please clear this confusion...
    Romantic story back ground for a romantic song. உங்க காதல் கதையை மட்டும் தெளிவா விட்டுடீங்க!!

The awards for the movies certified in 1983 were given in 1984. Confusion cleared?!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=app_engine;736556]#139 வேதம் அணுவிலும் ஒரு நாதம்
    (சலங்கை ஒலி, 1983 , ஷைலஜாவுடன்)

My favourite piece in this song is the brilliant postlude which comes only in the movie. There is a small piece in mridangam followed by chorus when Kamal's body is taken out of the hall in the wheel chair. The music as such is logical end to the song.

There is a sudden downpour and Sarathbabu holds an umbrella to Kamal's body! Beautifully shot sequence. Even the End title card was tastefully done. It shows END first and then NO on the top of it and FOR THE ART beneath it!!
    Last edited by crvenky; 9th September 2011 at 10:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    உங்க காதல் கதையை மட்டும் தெளிவா விட்டுடீங்க!!
    Already told in the hub sArE

Why repeat?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly crvenky! Beautiful shot and ending. Very well explained. Hearing how the song started with high adrenalin rush and how it ends on a sanskrti sloka in a very sober way. Top notch stuff! Yes brilliantly done song overall. End credit 'No End for the Art" too brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried to post url's for posts on all 140 songs - not possible - as there is a max limit of 10000 characters / per post.

So, I'll have to use the same 1001 iravukaL style posting (of only 1983 links now and pushing to trace back to 1982, 1981, 1980 & 70's on a "kadhaikkuL kadhai" format as before).

Post Thanks / Like
    #141 நீயா அழைத்தது என் நெஞ்சில் மின்னல் அடித்தது
    (அலை ஓசை, 1984 , ஜானகியுடன்)

I know this sweet song, heard it many times on buses / cassettes but never cared to look at the movie title. IIRC, this is the first Vijayakanth song we feature in this SPB-IR chronological compilation in this thread! (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I plan to send a PM to HR to authenticate if this is the first year when a VK+IR film had a SPB number...may not be the first film as in the same year there could have been other VK movies).

Another interesting thing is the director. Web sources say it was Sirumukai Ravi (yes, the same one who did rAgangaL mARuvathillai, how he managed to get another movie after that dud is a mystery)!

There is a mild mid-eastern feel to this song, though not explicit. That way, some northie feel also.

ok, after the powerful end to 1983 with sAgara(sangama)m, a mild continuation to 1984 with alai Osai, once again the sAgar connection

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kiru View Post
    Plum/Genesis - good discussion. It is very difficult to capture the nuances of one language in another language. Even Tagore regretted Geetanjali translation. I do not like TIS translation that much, even though I think it is a good attempt. In movies, pazhassi rAja, lyrics or kaalapani lyrics sound much better in malayalam. That is why I try to learn other languages (not very successfully). I envy you guys enjoying 'sundara telungu' lyrics.
    Re: college/food stories - no objection..only acceptance/appreciation from me. That egg recipe was called 'podi mass' in college of engg. guindy (CEG). I just lived on that+ rasam and curd/sugar for lunch. Hated the sambar there. breakfast was 'bread omellete' - just egg/bread/salt/pepper. good/better than the paste of a pongal. Saw 'nayagan' both tamil and hindi versions being shot in CEG, apart from many other movies.
    I liked the description of 'sukhAnubhavam' for that song - what would that word be in chaste tamil (?).
    Yarrupa mess itethallam pesi pazhasa nabaga paduthurathu.. appadiey seventh illana sixth block pathi pesittu ponga...
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Aaaha. So many useful and interesting discussions happening on hub and I missing most of it

App: Nice to hear your story.