Page 317 of 400 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #298 மயிலாடும் பாறையிலே
    (பாண்டி நாட்டுத்தங்கம் , 1989, சித்ராவுடன்)

mayilAdum pARaiyilE

Another high-energy themmAngu song for the ever-youthful singer, this time with KSC ! Thoroughly enjoyable, dance-worthy number that showcases IR's ability to maintain his adherence to musical standards while also delivering something that is so much with maN maNam / sounding natural to the milieu! (back to my cliche : ippadi eththani eththanai pAttukkaL!)

One of my earlier posts highlighted how I enjoyed watching a lot of mayils in one place in the wild (actually not a "wild jungle", just country side) near V'nagar (recently read that the pAtti of MMKR, S N Lakshmi who passed away a few days back, is from this area of my own pAtti / ammammA). Also, one typically spots mayils in the region around Madurai (virAli malai, thirumangalam, thirupparangunRam etc) and I myself had seen them sitting on rock masses during train / bus trips in that area during the 80's. So, a very nice reference of 'mayilAdum pARai' in a movie called 'pANdi nAttuththangam' I don't know for sure, however, whether the movie is really set in the pANdiya nAttuppakuthi.

As I mentioned in my post on ElElakkuyilE, it's interesting to remember that I "connected" to this song when visiting the place with the name 'kOzhippARai' which is surrounded by a number of other pARais. Not in pANdiya nAdu, though, but in the chEra nAdu where they typically make fun of TN-ers as 'pANdi' I've found that such usage was often in a deragatory tone though not every time. Especially among youngsters, it was more of a fun usage. (It may be also of interest that TN-ers of "fair skin" were often referred to as 'sAmy' also, by the same set of chEra nAttu people In my work place, my boss - who was from Cbe - was always refered to as 'sAmy' only by all the women...I found it very funny and it was a pet-booze-topic to vambizhuththufy Keralite friends).
    Last edited by app_engine; 22nd February 2012 at 11:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app,

Anyhow you have given me a title and so let me also clear your doubts on the chronological order of releases of Rajini films in 1989. Rajathi Raaja was in March 1989, Shiva was released during May '89, Raja Chinna Roja in July '89 and Mappilai on Deepavali day of 89. Same way for Kamal, it was Appoorva Sagodharargal in April '89 and Vetri Vizhaa on Deepavali day. In between Kamal's Malayalam movie Chanakiyan got released in September '89 for Onam. If I am not off the mark, Kamal's Telugu movie Indrudu Chandrudu also got released in 1989 because the dubbed version Indiran Chandran hit Tamilnadu screens during Pongal 1990 along with Rajini's Panakkaaran.

Regards

Btw, Pandi Naattu Thangam was a Madurai based subject as the producer was Sangili Murugan [who belonged to Podhumbu, an outskirt of Madurai] and he always made his films in and around Madurai. And Raja being a native of ஒருங்கிணைந்த மதுரை மாவட்டம், Sangili Murugan enjoyed a special rapport with him that helped his movies to have very good songs.
    Last edited by Murali Srinivas; 22nd February 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Murali sir,
    Thank you so much for the chronological information!

Also, nanRi for the details on PNT - interesting to note that Sangili Murugan was the producer...has he made any movies before?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    In Agni Natchaththiram, Karthik-Nirosha pair was ultra modern (at least for 1988). How can somebody think about that pair in village movie?

By the way, is this the first movie where Karthik started to compete with Ramarajan?

Post Thanks / Like
    ElElakkuyilE is on the youtube :

Post Thanks / Like
    mayilAdum pARaiyila is also on youtube :

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clarification on Mayiladum Paraiyile lyircs - is Madhura mEngKaattu hotel-ilE actually Madhurai Ming Court Hotel?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Clarification on Mayiladum Paraiyile lyircs - is Madhura mEngKaattu hotel-ilE actually Madhurai Ming Court Hotel?
    I hear 'mEngAttu pottalilE medalu vAngirukkOm', so it refers to a place called 'mEngAttu pottal' - possibly a temple ground where some competitions are held...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my mishtake. Must listen again, thanks app.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    The whirling speed Karthik dances in Mayiladum Paaraiyile, Whoa....looks like he might stumble any moment

My fav pick from PNT, Un Manasula, the Happy version,,soulful singing by the chinna kuyil...