Page 63 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    More digression on kitchen conversation:
    7 year old grouch: Amma, what does Kamban Eemanthaan means?
    Grouch: Those are bad words. Don't ask again .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry VS, it was my mom's line. I edited, but I think you got it.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes of course groucho, I got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    app, kedechacchu kedachachu
    Quote Originally Posted by RAGHAVENDRA View Post
    Dear Plum
    I think you asked for the person in the song "Varuvai Kanna Neerada" in the movie Pattakkathi Bairavan. It's Jai Ganesh.

Raghavendran
    I corrected him, saying you queried.

More on Yaaroo song:

Quote Originally Posted by RAGHAVENDRA View Post
    கதைக்களப் பாடல்களில் நடிகர் திலகம் - 01

காதல், சோகம், கொள்கை, தத்துவம் போன்ற நிலைகளில் மட்டுமல்லாமல் கதைக்களத்திற்கேற்ற சூழ்நிலைக்கேற்றவாறு இடம் பெற்ற பாடல்களிலும் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் தனித்துவம் காணப்படும். அப்படிப்பட்ட பாடல்களை இங்கே காண்போம். தொடக்கமாக பட்டாக்கத்தி பைரவன் படத்தில் இடம் பெற்ற யாரோ நீயும் நானும் யாரோ என்ற அருமையான பாடல். கதைப்படி நடிகர் திலகம் ஏற்ற பாத்திரம் குப்பைத் தொட்டியில் கண்டெடுக்கப் பட்டு வளர்க்கப்பட்டதாகும். வளர்ந்து பெரியவனாகிய பின் தாய்க்கும் மகனுக்கும் ஒருவரை ஒருவர் அடையாளம் தெரிந்து விடுகிறது என்றாலும் சூழ்நிலை இருவரையும் சேர முடியாமல் தடுக்கிறது. அப்படிப்பட்ட சூழ்நிலையில் அந்தக் கதாபாத்திரம் ஒரு பிறந்த நாள் விழாவில் தாயிடம் தன் நிலைமையை உணர்த்துவதாக கதைக்களம். இப்பாடலில் இளையாராஜாவின் சிறந்த மெட்டமைப்பில் கண்ணதாசனின் வரிகள் மிகவும் உள்ளார்ந்த பொருளடக்கியவை. நடிகர் திலகம் தன் நடிப்பால் அந்த சூழ்நிலையை அப்படியே நம் கண்முன் நிறுத்தும் இப்பாடல், துரதிர்ஷ்டவசமாக தொலைக்காட்சிகளில் ஒளிபரப்பப் படுவதில்லை.

இதோ அப்பாடல்

அன்புடன்
    பம்மலார் மற்றும் ராகவேந்திரன்
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks grouch for posting about 'Yaaro Neeyum Naanum Yaaro' song here. First time I am seeing the song and giving good listen to lyrics. As always kaviyarasar. As usual NT no one can replace him, could have lived longer , definitely miss him so much.

Very interesting approach by Raja. Starts as a birthday celebration song, but in the interludes conveys the actual emotion. In first one, he uses guitar, but used it to sound little closer to veena and uses veena in second one followed by guitar. All again in this early years. Genius!

Post Thanks / Like
    Credit goes to Raghavendra-sir.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gramathu Adhyaayam revives traumatic memories of Rameshwari, the telugu belle who went on to "conquer" Hindi heartland with - was it Chit Chor or was that Zarina Wahab? Baroque might be able to confirm - a few films before fizzling out. And that hero....

Sorry Rudriah, even a monstrously superior film like Aval AT didnt give you a licence to inflict GA upon us.
    I remember vividly that I was taken to the theatre for this movie - kicking and screaming, which, as I have recounted in hub before, was my general reaction to being taken to the theatre those days - and spending the time walking around trying several seats across the length and breadth of the movie hall, which were courteously available thanks to the entertainment quotient of the movie, in the hope that one of the seats would result in better EQ from the movie. No such luck!

But what songs, though! SPB sizzles in Vaadadha rosappoo, and IR infuses class to the composition, though as app observed, the mass of Pon maana thedi gave greater immortality to the latter. Aathu Mettula deserved a better movie than this. It's a Janaki-fest, with IR's 70's instrumentation in its dying embers. From here on, we'd move to more synth and the 80's rigidity and regimentation, which, while brilliant enough even now, doesnt evoke the same intimacy as the free-flowing 70's genius for me.
    I always thought Nizhalgal was 1978-79. Wrong, app? And I had mentally mapped Rosappoo R.kaari to 80s. I guess over a period of time, chronology does get messed up in the mind.

But Nizhalgal apparently released along with VNS, so I am kind of almost sure it was before 1980. app?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing stuff from the Legends

Similar kind of emotion to Uchi vaguntheduthu song from Rosapoo Ravukaikari !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    I always thought Nizhalgal was 1978-79. Wrong, app?
    Yes, I think it was released in 1981 !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,
    Both VNS & nizhalkaL were deepAvaLi releases of 1980 (means toward the end of the year). IIRC, the nizhalkaL disk was released not too much in advance.

BR's venture prior to nizhalkaL was kallukkuL eeram (direction Nivas, direction mERpArvai was BR in the film he acted) and that too got released in the same year - months earlier. People didn't take "years" to make movies those days

Those were my +2 days. There was this MSV fanatic in another class at school with whom there were so many heated discussions
    (I clearly remember discussing about the fact of nizhalgaL songs becoming bit hits despite it being a terrible flop movie - power of IR)

alaigaL Oyvathillai got released at summer of 1981, just after my +2 exams - medical school / engg school admission interviews etc time period. I clearly remember seeing the 'Ayiram thAmarai mottukkaLE' video in oliyum oLiyum at my cousin's home in Chennai (just after release) -B & W transmission ofcourse -during the visit to attend Guindy interview in that year.

My memory apart, other sources confirm this too - BR wikipedia
    Last edited by app_engine; 1st June 2011 at 03:49 PM.