Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's reluctance for nosestuds

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Women's reluctance for nosestuds

Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekhar
    Nose is the most distinct feature of a woman’s face.
    Aankalukku prachanai pannaatha ore distinct feature in their face.
    shekar cant understand tamil
    That is for women not Shekar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a song in the Thamizh film "குறத்தி மகன்" which goes like this :

"முட்டையிடும் கோழிக்கல்ல தெரியும், வலி தெரியும்?
    இந்த முட்டாப்பய மவனுக்கென்ன தெரியும்?"

(கொறத்தி வாடி என் குப்பி, ஞா, ஞா, ஞா - டி எம் எஸ் / சுசீலா)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shekar,
    Nicely told.. ( I am sure nosestud would look good on any woman. Only thing is, she should choose the right shape and size.)

very true.. otherwise - adhuvae asingama agidum.. faceku.....
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shekhar : Good to see you too, Shekhar!
    your wife must have thought the world of you! you're lucky but then you didn't know what you were getting into to end up with 18 nosestuds..... perhaps i haven't seen one that suits my nose & face. Maybe I'll find one in India - i'll update this thread after my trip.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NM
    perhaps i haven't seen one that suits my nose & face. Maybe I'll find one in India - i'll update this thread after my trip.
    Here they do a nose job and also a face job! Pick the nose stud you like and change the face and the nose !
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All women in our families belonging to our previous generations-my mother, aunts, mil and her realtives- wear diamond nose studs. In my generation it became out of fashion. I made such a fuss for the ear piercing ceremony at my grandmother's - a mass event assembling all my cousins-that the hole in one ear is slightly lower and my grandma urged me to have it done again (first letting it to close). I said 'no way'. ( Guns for piercing or local anaesthetics were unheard of then!) And had stood strong in the decision in spite of the irking fact of it looking not as aesthetic as I would desire and also the hole pulled down a bit after continuously bearing the weight of diamonds for about 4 decades. This being the case nose studs never entered my mind. After marriage when I happened to meet different groups of women while going on transfer from place to place all women commented how well nose studs will appear on my attractive nose. But no amount of such flattering/coaxing could get me to pierce my nose- not even diamond nose studs! The main problem is my proneness to respiratory infection- suffering from running nose every now and then. Unlike me my younger sister, a doctor, succumbed to flatteries about her beautiful nose to be enhanced by nose studs and did pierce her nose and wore one single diamond stone for some time. Then decided to remove it after some time finding it a nuisance!!! She is also prone to running nose! She discontinued in spite of threats that sumangalis should not remove nose studs! I am happy I didn't experiment with such beautification!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madam PP - thanks for your story I always wondered if nose-stud willbe a hindrance for those suffering from sinus/hay fever problems like me! I've been sneezing continuously since morning...ha ha .. another excuse for not having nose stud

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    .. another excuse for not having nose stud
    NM: If you are willing to wear nose studs I will send you a pair of diamond studs !
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    your wife must have thought the world of you! you're lucky but then you didn't know what you were getting into to end up with 18 nosestuds.....
    Hi NM,
    I dont know about that. At that time we had not talked about marriage, though she was indirectly hinting at it. Once I casually said I will marry her only if she pierces her nose. And there she was the next day wearing a gold bead nose stud. Like a gentleman, I kept my words and we were married in a month.
    Now you understand the importance of nosestud in my life !! She must have understood it too. That's why she loved it so much and collected 18 of them (of course out of MY pocket ! ) It was good bargain for her, a husband for a nose piercing. She got me very cheap. Don't you think so ??

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always wondered if nose-stud willbe a hindrance
    My wife used to say that nosestud is the most comfortable of all ornaments. She wouldnt even feel that she has stud in her nose.

So all your excuses for not wearing a nosestud are just that "excuses" !
    I think there is someother reason for women to shun nose piercing. But I dont know what.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast