View Poll Results: What ranks the best of King Federer's achievement (so far)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. 16 + Counting Grandslams

3 15.00%
  • 2. 237 Continous weeks as No 1;

5 25.00%
  • 3. 23 Consecutive Grandslam semifinals (2004 Wimbledon - 2010 Australian Open)

5 25.00%
  • 4. 92-5 Win loss in the year 2006; 12 Titles ; Talk about almost total domination.

0 0%
  • 5. 44+ titles in Hard courts; 2 shy of tying all time leader Agassi.

0 0%
  • 6. 65 consecutive grass court match victories (2003 - 2008)

0 0%
  • 7. 56 consecutive hard court match victories (2005–2006)

0 0%
  • 8. 22 Grandslam Finals.

1 5.00%
  • 9. Only Player to win ATP WTF undefeated 4 times (2003, 2004, 2006, 2010).

0 0%
  • 10. The biggest of all; 5 Consecutive Wimbledons+ 5 Consecutive US Opens (Somebody defeat this feat!!)

6 30.00%
Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: An Artist on all surfaces, Mr. Effortless - Roger Federer

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great going so far by the Maestro....
    Some of the BH blocks off Fish's serve were really deep unsettling Fish completely.
    Fed looks really good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Fed def Wawrinka 7-6, 6-3...
    Not all that clean from Federer.
    53% first serve in, 5 double faults, 2/10 on breakpoint oppurtunities are not going to get the job done against Nole.
    18/20 net points won was the only good stat..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ATP FB-U:

Roger Federer will go into the US Open Tennis Championships as World No. 1 after reaching the Western & Southern Open final with a 76(4) 63 win over Stanislas Wawrinka Official. Will Federer maintain the top spot for the rest of the season? Photo: Getty Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Roger Federer is certain to go into the US Open with the No. 1 South African Airways ATP Ranking after winning his ninth straight meeting with countryman Stanislas Wawrinka 7-6(4), 6-3 in the semi-finals of the Western & Southern Open on Saturday in Cincinnati.

“The goal has already been achieved by getting back there,” said Federer. “I have to look at the long term, and I would like to stay around for as long as I can. For that reason I have to pace myself at times, but I'm happy I'm playing so well again right off the bat again here in the States. Obviously I hope I can keep it up tomorrow and then also in New York.”

Federer won 75 per cent of his service points, and after failing to convert any of his seven break point opportunities in the first set, he broke Wawrinka twice in the second set to claim victory in one hour and 35 minutes. He is yet to be broken in the tournament.

“I'm happy with how I'm playing. I could have served a bit better to keep me out of a bit more trouble on my own serve,” Federer said. “Then again, I only had to save a couple of break points. Overall I'm actually pretty happy.”

The 31 year old is chasing his fifth title at the Lindner Family Tennis Center following triumphs in 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2010. He is looking to add to season crowns at Wimbledon, Indian Wells, Madrid, Rotterdam and Dubai.

On Sunday, Federer will aim to equal Rafael Nadal's record of winning 21 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles when he battles Novak Djokovic in the tournament’s first final featuring the Top 2 ranked players on the ATP World Tour. Federer is 15-12 against Djokovic, having won their most recent meeting in this year’s Wimbledon semi-finals.

The second-seeded Djokovic advanced to his fourth final in five years at the event, dismissing sixth-seeded Juan Martin del Potro 6-3, 6-2. The Serb broke del Potro three times and saved all six break points he faced to avenge his loss to the Argentine in the bronze medal match at the London 2012 Olympics. The 25 year old improved to 5-2 against del Potro and like Federer, has not dropped serve en route to the final.

“[I] try to step into the court and take my chances. It's what I have been trying to do in last couple of years,” said Djokovic. “Obviously sometimes it works, sometimes not, but it's been working quite often for me actually in the last two weeks. I'm happy for that. When you are in the situation of break point down, it makes you focus more and makes you be more aggressive. So that's something that I always look forward to.”

Said del Potro, “I had I think six break points in the match and I didn't take any one. Against Novak or the top players, if you don't take your opportunities, you will lose for sure. I think he played much better than me today basically in the important moments or the break points. He was too good for me.”

Djokovic is bidding to lift his first Cincinnati trophy, having finished runner-up in 2008 (l. to Murray), 2009 (l. to Federer) and 2011 (l. to Murray). He is trying to join Andre Agassi, Patrick Rafter and Andy Roddick as the only players since 1990 to capture back-to-back titles in Canada and Cincinnati. Djokovic has a 12-9 record in ATP World Tour Masters 1000 finals and will contest his 49th career ATP World Tour level title match (31-17 mark).

Even if he is victorious, Djokovic cannot regain the top spot in the South African Airways ATP Rankings that he lost to Federer when the Swiss hoisted his 17th Grand Slam trophy at Wimbledon.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Wawrinka.aspx

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched the replay of Roger vs Wawrinka ....Wawrinka played some amazing forehand shots ... Roger din't play up to his standards ... Could have been in the other side if the opponent was one of the top ranked player. Hope he does well in Final.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's always good to see two single back handed players tennis match. Style .

Post Thanks / Like
    Qute a long statistical article on Roger Djokovic rivalry. A history of their duels.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...valry-New.aspx

While Fed leads 15-12 against Novak, One must give it to djokovic for considerably defeating both Roger and Rafa in recent years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Federer has won 4/4 @ Cincinatti Masters...
    Nole has lost 3/3 @ Cincinatti Masters...

Hope the trend is not broken.
    For the first time @ Cincinatti No.1 is playing No.2...

It should be a great contest, if both play to their potential. Obviously the best hard court players of their generation.
    Cincinatti suits both their games really well. Tough one to pick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind losing this for the USO.
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    Federer has won 4/4 @ Cincinatti Masters...
    Nole has lost 3/3 @ Cincinatti Masters...

Hope the trend is not broken.
    For the first time @ Cincinatti No.1 is playing No.2...

It should be a great contest, if both play to their potential. Obviously the best hard court players of their generation.
    Cincinatti suits both their games really well. Tough one to pick.

Post Thanks / Like
    And BTW, when will you think the men's draw will be coming out???

Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast