Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muthuswamy Dikshitar

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Muthuswamy Dikshitar

Topic started by Narayanan on Thu Jan 13 07:51:54 .

He is indeed one of the Greatest Composers in Music History. I am in a process of collecting and learning his works (trying to !!!). This page is for posting information about references to audio clips of Dikshitar krithis so that it will be of much use to Dikshitar "fans" like myself.

<hr>
    Home Page: www.guruguha.org

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Old responses

Post Thanks / Like

Dr.Shrikaanth K. Murthy (@ acba*) on: Mon Mar 1 14:03:47 EST

As for shodasha=16, in classical iconology texts, Ganesha is described in 32 standard forms of which 16 are famous. also 16 would be expected to hold special significance for M. Dikshitar -a shrividya upasaka as lalita tripurasundari is shodashAkshari[ 16 bIjAksharas as you can see from lalitA trishati- 15 being open and 1being turIya or secret

Post Thanks / Like

Dr,Shrikaanth K.Murthy (@ acba*) on: Mon Mar 1 14:12:00 EST

Dear nadopasaka
    the rAgamudra is I think not in pAkaripu but in "chinmAtre sevita [ramAharIsha] vidhAtre" sorry I could not underline and hence am using brackets

Post Thanks / Like

Nadopasaka (@ core*) on: Mon Mar 1 20:04:20 EST 2004

Yes, you are correct. It would be interesting to find out what is the Ganapatis status and role in Srividya ?

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Shrikaanth K. Murthy (@ cach*) on: Sat Mar 6 10:14:35 ES

dear nadopasaka
    Ganapati is one of the dvAdaSapramukha upAsakas[ 12 foremost proponents/ practitioners] of SrIvidya as is mentioned in lalitOpAkhyAna[ and many other references]- the others being- sUrya, candra, Siva, viSNu, kubEra, agastya, skanda[muruga], manmatha, brahma, indra, agni . The same is also mentioned in the 97th pA of abhirAmi andAdi.

Post Thanks / Like

Nadopasaka (@ core*) on: Sun Mar 7 15:26:11 EST 2004

Yes, of course. The Ganapati also resides in Chaturdala lotus cf. Saveri Krklbhmkm and also referred to in Hmsdhwni, shri. what is his status vis a vis a consort if given in the Srividya ?

Post Thanks / Like

Dr.Shrikaanth K.Murthy (@ cach*) on: Sun Mar 7 20:54:27 EST

Indeed Ganapati is known to reside in the caturdala padma in the mUlAdhAra cakra. He is cnsidered to guard the cakra which is the entry point of the kundalini.As far as I am aware, he does not have a consort in this rUpa of his.Although the kundalini and the rise of the kundalini Sakti upwards from the mUlAdhAra through the othter 5 cakras into the sahasrAra is intimately connected with SrIvidyA, I am not sure how these cakras are connected structurally to the SrIcakra. If my understanding is right, the bindu and 9th Avarana[or is it the whole SrIcakra?] are in the sahasrAra.
    However ganapati is described in the texts as having a consort in some of his various forms[ aka SODaSaganapati]-ucciStha, Sakti, mahA, Urdhwa etc. I think the mUlAdhAra ganapti does not fall in the realm of the 16 forms.I cannot offhand remember his physical place in the Sricakra. Iam not even sure he has one[ viSnu`s 10 incarnations do have a place as is clear from MD`s krtis.He is described aa trikOna madyagatam. Which trikOna is this? There is no caturala padma in the 9 Avaranas. And Ganapati is not mentioned in the text of the navAvarana kris but only in the dhyAna krti in gaula. any thoughts on this to throw further lght?

Post Thanks / Like

Nadopasaka (@ core*) on: Thu Mar 11 12:47:01 EST 2004

Cant comment on most of your post re chakras. But appearance of word Guruguha (cf. Guruguha jananyaam etc) in Kmlmba krities ...is this just MD mudra related or does this deity differ from the Ganapati in the appropriate chakra ?

Post Thanks / Like

Dr.ShrikaanthK. Murthy (@ acbe*) on: Fri Mar 12 13:00:18 EST

Guruguha means subrahmanya[muruga, the guha as the teacher]. It is of course the mudra as well

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast