Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone post the complete list of songs performed in the concert. I'm seeing lot of negative comments abt the concert in facebook. Any TFMers went to the concert can shed some light abt the performance?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber raamrams's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, people disappointed with the concert.

The concert ticket was not cheap. People have spent their hard earned money. The organizer could have postponed it to some other day.
    Suhashini was the emcee and fail to connect with audience.
    Yuvan was crap. He sang a few songs like thendral vanthu theendum pothu, amma endra alaikathai uyirile, nila athu vaanatha melai.,,what a disgrace !
    At one point, he admit that he did not have enough rehearsal. What a shame !
    Karthik Raja ....basically he did nothing
    Song selection was not good, mostly slow songs. Not many fast beat songs except one or two. No variety in the song selection. Not able to engage the audience towards the end.
    Singers selection could have been better.
    There was a tribute segment to yesteryear personalities..which lasted for more than 30 mins..very draggy..they keep talking...at one point this segment was like never ending and audience started to make noise.
    The show was lengthy, supposed to be 4 hrs. but total duration was close to 5hrs.. and it started late by 20mins.

On positive side -
    Orchestra was fantastic
    SPB - awesome.. he saves the day, else could have been total disaster
    Haricharan and Mano did great job as well.
    Last edited by raamrams; 29th December 2013 at 11:35 PM.
    '' Dreams are not what you see in sleep. They are the things that do not let you sleep ''

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raamrams View Post
    Orchestra was fantastic
    SPB - awesome.. he saves the day, else could have been total disaster
    Haricharan and Mano did great job as well.
    If we exclude Raja, this is true for many Raja concerts. In NJ show, its SPB, Mano and Chitra along with Raja ruled the show.

Yuvan and Karthilk should going forward avoid appearing on stage. Pottu vaitha, Ninaivo oru paravai kind of songs need to be sung by Haricharan or Karthik. They have much better throw on their voice.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of Kings: Hope you guys saw the concert in Jaya TV. The selective songs PLUS Raja sir's discussions MINUS the crap on the concert satisfied me completely. I really enjoyed what Jaya TV gave me, I wrote my views in 'IR News and Titbits'. Also I am happy with the song selections, disciplined audience, orchestra and the sounds.. I hate Suhashini, I am glad she was not shown on the Jaya TV telecast even by mistake. I attended the London Concert live, I would say King of Kings is much better than Raja Raja thaan.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selection may not have been especially crowd pleasing - see Raamrams comment above - but there were some real surprises, hidden gems this time. Tholin mele baaram illai and Metti Oli (which was superlike!!!!) really shone, how wonderful it was to listen to live renditions of these underappreciated songs. Both songs imo turned out better than the original recording.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Day 1 - The damage was done by Raja pamily taking charge of the microphone.
    Even though malar had prepared me for their vocal onslaught, hearing them live, mercilessly mauling some of Raja's classics like Janani janani, Amma endru , thendral vandhu made me cringe with embarrassment in front of my relatives who were merrily blaming Raja for the fiasco. Day 2 had better songs and better singers like Uma Ramanan, Haricharan, AlAp Raju . SPB had some tough time with "vaan pOle", "en kaNmaNi" , esp the latter due to Mano but was in his elements in beatsy songs like "vanithamani","iLamai idho", "vaa vaa pakkam vaa", Mano's compering in Jaya tv hogged a good amount of time and except for the Raja episodes, the rest was blade O blade . pinna enna? repeatedly asking every Tom the most irritating question , "how did you feel singing Raja songs?". How I wished Jaya tv crew threw more spotlightt on Raja's old war horses like Napoleoan , Prabakar , Sada and many others on the orchestra , rather than close up of only the singers!

Post Thanks / Like
    King of Kings

9. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainm...40131071_1.htm

இளையராஜா ஊரில் இசைக்கச்சேரி

எப்போதுமே ராஜா என்ற பெயரில் இளையராஜா பிறந்த பண்ணைபுரத்தில் இசைக்கச்சேரி நடத்துகிறார் இளையராஜாவின் மகன் கார்த்திக் ராஜா.

எப்போதுமே ராஜா என்ற பெயரில் லண்டனில் இளையராஜா இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்துவதாக இருந்தது. உடல்நிலை சரியில்லாததால் அந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் இளையராஜாவால் கலந்து கொள்ள முடியவில்லை. கார்த்திக் ராஜாதான் கடைசியில் அந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்தி தந்தார்.

இளையராஜா இல்லாத போதும் அவரின் பாடல்கள் காரணமாக நிகழ்ச்சி வெற்றிகரமாக நடந்தது. லண்டனைப் போன்று கச்சேரிகள் நடத்தலாம் என்ற திட்டம் அப்போதுதான் உதித்திருக்க வேண்டும்.

வரும் ஏப்ரல் மாதம் 5ஆம் தேதி மதுரையிலும், அதே மாதம் 19ஆம் தேதி இளையராஜாவின் சொந்த ஊரான பண்ணைபுரத்திலும் எப்போதுமே ராஜா என்ற பெயரில் கார்த்திக் ராஜா இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்துகிறார்.

விரைவில் முறையான அறிவிப்பை கார்த்திக் ராஜாவே வெளியிட இருக்கிறார்.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do they even do a small reality check? Concert in London or Malaysia.. this shows that they are just not bothered to verify the facts before publishing!!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    லண்டனில் ராஜா சார் நடத்திய நிகழ்ச்சியின் பெயர் "ராஜா ராஜா தான்"
    மலேசியாவில் அவர் நடத்துவதாய் இருந்து பின்னர் அவர் இல்லாமலேயே நடந்த நிகழ்ச்சியின் பெயர் "கிங் ஒப் கிங்ஸ்"...

எழுதி தொலைக்க வேண்டுமே என்று அரை குறையாய் எதையாவது எழுதி ஏன் எல்லோர் வாயிலும் விழ வேண்டும்?

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast