Page 97 of 136 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Star RAJINIKANTH IN AS Kochadaiyaan || ARR|| Directed by Soundarya Rajnikanth

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi,

Yes it's carnatic style - predominantly. The raga being dwijavanthi/jaijaivanthi, the hindustani touches also appear. (Film songs-la ithellaam saatharanamappa.) I think the instrument is nadhaswaram - not shenai. Note that the song is about marriage vows.

I am not sure why you think it's about krishna lullaby. May be it's just the raga that has such a feel. You may want to check out 'akilandeswari' (esp. the one by MSS.) and confirm yourself.

Cheers..

2. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR,

Nadaswaram it is, the basic problem I had was the depth given by ARR in the recording, which sounded like more increase in the pitch/frequency and I fell for that.

The tune and the tempo made me fell that it sounds like a Krishna Puranam (a Lullaby), and please accept my limited knowledge in this area.

MSS akilandeswari was awesome (for those interested : /watch?v=ZyIJbRdX0lg), I can get its layers in Manamaganini Sathiyam.

With respect to this song, hearing it after a bit of R&D about the raagas you had specified, plus more about the instrumental setup, I feel that ARR had done enough justice & mix to this song. Lately I am picking up such songs and trying to know more about them.

Here it is :

Ragam: Dwijavanthi (Jaijaivanthi in Hindustani)
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=8281783

Quite peaceful and rich, trying to register it so that I can capture it else where.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    so is 10th of April confirmed for release ??
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Tried really hard to like Kochaidaiyaan songs. Songs might be pretty good to others, but they certainly are not my cup of tea. Again I didnt like minsaarakanavu songs when I heard them first coupele of times, they ended up becoming major hits and earned A.R Rahman and singers awards.

I dont know about others, but I have higher expection for Shankar-A.R Rahman songs than Rajni-A.R Rahman. Ai am waiting for you
    Imho, No one needs to TRY HARD to like the songs! One can always dislike it! There is no need for forcing yourself to like something!
    This is a very big world!

7. Likes A.ANAND, RR liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    trailer in hindi

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

9. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    Imho, No one needs to TRY HARD to like the songs! One can always dislike it! There is no need for forcing yourself to like something!
    hard core fans always have this dilemma of TRY HARD to like...... be it a film's album or the film it self.... that too as a Rahman fan I had faced this try hard to like songs so many times , Rahman paatu nalla illama poguma nu thirupi thiruppi pottu kettu appadiyum impress pannama (pre-release) appurama etho oru situation la click aagi, paatu mela craze vanthathu undu pala times... kettavudane romba veruthu pona album is Karuthamma...... in frustration, i actually gifted that cassette to my friend appuram antha songs enna annathu was history..appuram Bombay..... went to the cassette shop to check if they can permit return or replacement for that cassette , then LoveBirds..... and so on and on....
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    hard core fans always have this dilemma of TRY HARD to like...... be it a film's album or the film it self.... that too as a Rahman fan I had faced this try hard to like songs so many times
    when i was reading, i was thinking about one album i didn't like at all from ARR and loved sometime later ... Karuthamma ... funny that you mention this particular album few lines after that ...

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madhuvagathaan

Firstly, miss Janaki esp. during Rana Yen Rana ... Kodi venduma Kodai venduma
    Secondly, SPB rendering is absolutely fantastic.

A wonderful duet with a nice concept - a converse between a warrior & the charm with whom he fights to win the love battle. The lyrics concentrates on the domination over each other, and the approach of these 2 poles : Power and Beauty. This deadly combination is well penned by Vaali where he uses mostly war based vocabulary for the male and tender styled words for the peacock beauty. The chorus speaks about their reunion.

Facinating choice of words used for the pair :

Male : Adhi Andham Adi Vantha Jothi Intha Azhagan
    Female : Aegan Pondra Malarthaan Ival Allava

The introduction of SPB was awesome :

Mazhai Megamaai Irangi Vanthaenae
    Un Vizhiyin Orathil Vizhunthuvitaenae Naan
    [SPB intro] Medhuvaagathaan ... pure CLASS

... then there is this "Ja Ja Re" in sink with tamil words.

The strings, is it veena or sitar ?
    Fusion music between "veena or sitar", violin, drums and mridangam was awesome. Adding elegance to the mridangam is the "gong" sound.

Medhuvaagathaan : When MSV met IR ...
    Last edited by mappi; 11th March 2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Corrected lyricist
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karma Veeran, sung by Rahman Ji and his sistser.

I got delayed with hearing Kochadaiiyaan songs

Because it was sung by Rahman Ji, I obviously wanted to hear this song first in the album. Rahman Ji has truly outdone himself here. My eyes naturally moisten at the end portion when both brother and sister croon sentimentally. I don’t know what they’re saying and neither have I bothered to find out. All I know is that I feel this part expresses a lot of love. It feels great to hear A.R. Raihanah after the delightful Ennile Maha Olio. She is a champion in her own right.
    For now, this song is enough for me to keep revisiting the album. The rest of the songs can wait or can they?

14. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Madhuvagathaan

Firstly, miss Janaki esp. during Rana Yen Rana ... Kodi venduma Kodai venduma
    Secondly, SPB rendering is absolutely fantastic.

A wonderful duet with a nice concept - a converse between a warrior & the charm with whom he fights to win the love battle. The lyrics concentrates on the domination over each other, and the approach of these 2 poles : Power and Beauty. This deadly combination is well penned by Vairamuthu where he uses mostly war based vocabulary for the male and tender styled words for the peacock beauty. The chorus speaks about their reunion.

Facinating choice of words used for the pair :

Male : Adhi Andham Adi Vantha Jothi Intha Azhagan
    Female : Aegan Pondra Malarthaan Ival Allava

The introduction of SPB was awesome :

Mazhai Megamaai Irangi Vanthaenae
    Un Vizhiyin Orathil Vizhunthuvitaenae Naan
    [SPB intro] Medhuvaagathaan ... pure CLASS

... then there is this "Ja Ja Re" in sink with tamil words.

The strings, is it veena or sitar ?
    Fusion music between "veena or sitar", violin, drums and mridangam was awesome. Adding elegance to the mridangam is the "gong" sound.

Medhuvaagathaan : When MSV met IR ...
    even if it's just one song, Vaali ayya scores. beautiful lyrics

16. Likes mappi liked this post
Page 97 of 136 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast