Thread: Kugan's Kitchen Part 7

Threaded View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Madhu Sree's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is one of my favourite rice I prepare often.

Capsicum Rice:

Capsicum - 1 for 1 person
    Ural dal - 1/2 spoon
    Cooked rice
    Oil
    Turmeric Powder - litle
    Chilli Powder - 1/4 spoon
    Salt

To Grind:

Red Chillies - 7
    Urad Dal - arai kozhambu karandi ( sorry these are my measuring thinggies , karandi, 1 kai, arai kai )
    Channa dal - arai kozhambu karandi
    Asafoetida powder aka perungayam

Method:

Heat the pan, dry fry Red chillies, asafoetida, urad dal and channa dal. After it turns slightly brown, Transfer the contents to a mixer grinder and make a powder.
    Keep it aside.

Now let us go to the main dish,

Heat the same pan, pour oil. Now add urad dal after it started turning brown, add capsicum, fry for a minute.
    Add salt, chilli powder turmeric powder. Cover a cook so that the capsicum cooks soon. Turn off the stove after ensuring that the capsicum is well cooked.

Now add the cooked rice to the capsicum content, then, add 1 spoon of the prepared powder, give a good mix. Check for the spice and salt, if salt is required, it can be added now.
    If spice is less then add 1 more spoon or the desired content of the prepared powder. Give a good mix again. Thats it Capsicum rice is ready.
    It may be appearing tedious but it is easy to prepare once the powder is ready on hand.

I prepared the powder and kept it safe so that I can add whenever I prepare this rice.

Thanks,

Sree
    எந்தன் காதல் சொல்ல என் இதயம் கையில் வைத்தேன்...!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement