Page 67 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Trying out new tunes and different compositions are always welcome. Somehow his recent tamil albums are not satisfying Tamil audience. We hardly get to hear the songs after 3 or 4 months. But we still hear and enjoy his albums of 90's.
    applies to all mds including ARR..i admit that all the new songs now cant last long..i get bored quite fast
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    applies to all mds including ARR..i admit that all the new songs now cant last long..i get bored quite fast
    Here is the point, you mean to say then there is no difference between ARR and the rest..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    + infinity. Kadhalar Dhinam, Kadhal Desam, Uyirae, Bombay, Indian, Jeans, Kadhalan etc are >>> ATM, SAkkarakatti, Sivaji, Endhiran, Ravanan, Kadal etc ..
    Kadhalar Dhinam
    ரோஜா.... ரோஜா...
    &
    காதலெனும் தேர்வெழுதி..... evergreen tunes...

இந்த பாடல்கள் எல்லாம் எத்தனை ஆயிரம் முறை கேட்ட்ருப்போம் ..... தேன் வந்து பாயுது காதினிலே ரகம்...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

5. Likes VinodKumar's liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some people have been saying ARR has lost touch since Roja. Let me leave them aside for now. For others who genuinely believe he sounds different/not attractive like his pre 2000 era days, yes, he has evolved and thats why he is still in the race. Haven't we seen giants, who refused to evolve, being thrown out mercilessly?

I can't comment for others but as someone who has followed him for years now, I can say that he continues to surprise me with every new album of his and I believe most Rahmaniacs are with me in this. Yes, there were few duds like LHDD too in the recent past, like Sachin's rare ducks. But albums like Maryan,Kadal,KT and I have impressed me like any ARR album of the past.

And for people who complain about the westernness in ARR albums, I wonder whether they were in coma for the last 22 years. His music has more of western influence and every sane music follower knows it. Why this sudden liking for nativity, god only knows.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    When I say he lost his mojo some years back, I mean his music stopped being pleasant to my ears. I'm sure he was experimenting with different styles back then too. My opinion doesn't have to offend you though (because that all it is, an opinion & not a fact). Enjoy the album)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Trying out new tunes and different compositions are always welcome. Somehow his recent tamil albums are not satisfying Tamil audience. We hardly get to hear the songs after 3 or 4 months. But we still hear and enjoy his albums of 90's.
    not offended at all Stardust....... why should I? I was also telling my opinion only........ you are enjoying that time period of Rahman....... some ppl enjoy only the pre-2000 period of Rahman...... but Rahman, I would like to believe (I am not a musical expert) always continue to evolve....

And CR, give it a try...just because you didn't like a song at the time of its release, don't give up on that........ I believe you would love when you hear Rahman's songs after the dust has settled (when film is taken off theatre and FM / TV channels stop relaying it continuously)........ it is a personal experience though......... some of Rahman's underrated songs, which I hated hearing at first made me go wow after few years ................ to just give a sample come on come on oh kamatchi and samba samba (lovebirds)
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Expecting nativity song in movie like AI . May be they want amy jackson to sing vilu paatu in opera
    Peternu pesaravangellam ARR oda standa thirumbi paarunga... Innum sila music directorgal rap/trendy songs poda kathukittu irukanga

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    its not nativity .. manasula otta maattenguthu .. Adiyea from Kadal is a down right kuppai song.. athukkelaam hype.. siddsriram-nu oru peter-a tamil paattu paada vaikkurathey kuttram ..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Kadhalar Dhinam
    ரோஜா.... ரோஜா...
    &
    காதலெனும் தேர்வெழுதி..... evergreen tunes...

இந்த பாடல்கள் எல்லாம் எத்தனை ஆயிரம் முறை கேட்ட்ருப்போம் ..... தேன் வந்து பாயுது காதினிலே ரகம்...
    Whenever you happen to travel alone with a peaceful mind (i.e with no pre-emptive thoughts about an album) try listening to Kadal, Ravanan, ATM, Mariyaan, Sakkarakatti et.al.............you will definitely be surprised......
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adiyae is a kuppai song? I end my conversation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    its not nativity .. manasula otta maattenguthu .. Adiyea from Kadal is a down right kuppai song.. athukkelaam hype.. siddsriram-nu oru peter-a tamil paattu paada vaikkurathey kuttram ..
    saringa sir, Adiye, Oru koodai sunlight maathiri lam songs podama, pallavi, saranam 1, pallavi repeat, saranam 2, pallavi repeat, closure.. ippadi template oda mattum song potta peter illai nu othupeengala...
    R.SUBRAMANIAN