Page 187 of 194 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'I' Box office Collection: Vikram's Flick Continues to Do Good Business in Chennai

Vikram starrer "I" continues to do good business at Chennai Box Office. By the end of its second week, the movie has managed to earn close to ₹9 crore, reports Behindwoods.

The Tamil movie was released on 14 January for Pongal. In its first weekend, "I" had earned ₹3.83 crore. Traders kept a close watch to see if the film could retain the same momentum even after getting mixed reviews.
    Interestingly, "I" survived the mixed reviews to rake in another ₹3 crore in the following days to take its tally to ₹6.88 crore from 12 days. Now, in the third week, it had added close to ₹2 crore and earned about ₹8.82 crore.
    As per the traders, the collection of "I" has been steady and the business has not dropped like usual movies. The occupancy has been impressive above 45%, on an average, for the Tamil movie in week days and about 60% in the weekends. The Tamil flick had above 600 shows in total in the past week.

Meanwhile, the total gross of "I" worldwide from three versions (Tamil, Telugu and Hindi) has crossed ₹190-crore mark. It is expected to cross the ₹200-crore mark soon. The response for the movie in some foreign countries including Malaysia has been good.

Nonetheless, it is interesting to see whether the business of "I" slows down due to "Yennai Arindhaal", which is releasing this week.On the other end, "Isai", which was released last weekend, has opened to above average response at Chennai box office. In the first weekend, the film has raked in ₹26.03 lakh from 96 shows. Whereas "Darling", by the end of second weekend, has made ₹1.11 crore.

However, Vishal's "Aambala" has collected ₹1.47 crore in total till date. In the last week, it earned about ₹25 lakh from 199 shows.
    Last edited by balaajee; 3rd February 2015 at 02:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    <rant>

I am not sure why people are so focussed on how much crores a movie makes and whether it is a hit or flop.

For the record, I like Shankar's movies and I have enjoyed watching all his movies.

"I" was an inferior product compared to other Shankar movies and I found myself bored several times during the movie. I enjoyed Linga and even with the crappy climax, in my opinion, I think Linga is a far superior product than "I". And for that matter, I felt Pisasu was a more complete movie than Linga and I thoroughly enjoyed Pisasu.

Based on what I am reading here, the reality is Linga and Pisasu would be flops and "I" will be a hit. Should I care about this? Absolutely not. Neither the director or producer is going to share the profit or loss with me. I am only interested in the product, not how much it sells for.

I guess, when people like a movie, somewhere in their inner conscience, they feel the need to convince others that it is a good movie (and that they have good taste). Maybe that is why people look for a validation that the movie is a hit (People think along the lines of "If it is a hit movie, it has to be a good movie").

</rant>

Disclaimer: It is a general comment and not related to any post in particular.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

4. Likes interz, sakthii liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber sakthii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    <rant>

I am not sure why people are so focussed on how much crores a movie makes and whether it is a hit or flop.

For the record, I like Shankar's movies and I have enjoyed watching all his movies.

"I" was an inferior product compared to other Shankar movies and I found myself bored several times during the movie. I enjoyed Linga and even with the crappy climax, in my opinion, I think Linga is a far superior product than "I". And for that matter, I felt Pisasu was a more complete movie than Linga and I thoroughly enjoyed Pisasu.

Based on what I am reading here, the reality is Linga and Pisasu would be flops and "I" will be a hit. Should I care about this? Absolutely not. Neither the director or producer is going to share the profit or loss with me. I am only interested in the product, not how much it sells for.

I guess, when people like a movie, somewhere in their inner conscience, they feel the need to convince others that it is a good movie (and that they have good taste). Maybe that is why people look for a validation that the movie is a hit (People think along the lines of "If it is a hit movie, it has to be a good movie").

</rant>

Disclaimer: It is a general comment and not related to any post in particular.
    I second your comments.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balajee seems to be a shankar fan who readily counters any negative Bo report on I with positive ones.

Pras - you got a new buddy finally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

credit:sonymusicsouthvevo
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally managed to watch the complete version of ayla.. A harmless video.. Our censors are hopeless😡

Post Thanks / Like
    why are the all the videos blocked in US? This is sh!tty
    Ajde Nole!

Member Senior Hubber radiochandra1977's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    Finally ABO guy declared that I (Telugu) is a FLOP!

***3. I (Telugu) ( Week 3 )

A Loss Venture for all Buyers with Big Drops after 1st Weekend.

Verdict : Flop***
    Itha naan eppovo.sonnen. arivu methaavinga sila peru pesinaanga.
    Kalaikkadavul Kamalin Bakthan

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by radiochandra1977 View Post
    Itha naan eppovo.sonnen. arivu methaavinga sila peru pesinaanga.
    antha arivu methaavayi direct-a pear solli, solli irukkalaam !

ABO declared I flop on first day of its release --- he talked about disaster, on that very first day, at a time when it was doing better business than that straight telugu movie ... don't know why thamiz is making a point on quoting that ABO everywhere, already told ...

And you, ellam therinja saare ... you badly wanted I to flop in Andhra, and etho engayo oru moolayila irunthu news vanthathum, naan pesuren ??
    unga paruppu innum seriya vegala ... better luck next time !
    Last edited by Pras; 4th February 2015 at 01:23 PM.

Member Senior Hubber radiochandra1977's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont care.
    Kalaikkadavul Kamalin Bakthan