Page 180 of 194 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pras View Post
    it is not official ... that's true ... but again, if unable to prove otherwise, why don't just believe and move on ? .... (when every one is saying the same thing i mean, not one or two vadai suttufying)
    you guys are in a difficult position : if vijay movie is releasing .. u'll say it's a flop. even before release .... and if ajith's movie is releasing .. it is vice versa ..
    as a vikram fan i don't have that problen ... most of the online posts will reflect reality only !
    I haven't said that Vijay movie is a flop nor Ajith movie is a hit in any of my posts. So if anyone says 135C in 5 days, you'll take because it favors you? good argument.....hence was my original post about movies which have so called 100C tag.

I'll reserve my judgement on 'I'. it appears to be doing good. Whether will it remain profitable venture remains to be seen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I haven't said that Vijay movie is a flop nor Ajith movie is a hit in any of my posts.
    you ... maybe ... but have you seen others posts here ? ... (btw, u r the one who spoke about holiday here if i am not wrong ?)

So if anyone says 135C in 5 days, you'll take because it favors you? good argument
    don't you ? ... some say mangatha, aarambam, veeram are +100C ... your take one that ??

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't know about costs and revenues ... but the fact is Lingaa ran better than (for ex) VIP which is considered a BB last year ... so they sold lingaa too high, with the fact that it was "the next after endiran rajini movie" ? maybe ... but they signed isn't it ? ... if they hoped for a better run in KSR + Rajini than Shankar + Rajini, that's their problem ...
    both KSR and Shankar market were subsets of rajini in their respective movies.... predominantly distributors buy the movie with high price because it's rajinikanth.... it's a classic case for forecast vs actual performance....things may go wrong...but both combination fetched gold in their previous outing...
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't you ? ... some say mangatha, aarambam, veeram are +100C ... your take one that ??
    my question remains unanswered ... freedom, thoonga poiteengalaa ? ... if it favors me, yes i'll believe 135C in 5 days ... until i am proven wrong ...
    for you do you believe : mangatha, aarambam, veeram ... 3 movies in 100C list ?? .... honest answer please ...
    Last edited by Pras; 23rd January 2015 at 03:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    my question remains unanswered ... freedom, thoonga poiteengalaa ? ... if it favors me, yes i'll believe 135C in 5 days ... until i am proven wrong ...
    for you do you believe : mangatha, aarambam, veeram ... 3 movies in 100C list ?? .... honest answer please ...
    Do you expect to be online and respond to you instantly? I'm afraid I cannot do that.

I personally don't believe that any of the movies you have about ajith have crossed 100C nor have I seen any legitimate links that would prove the same.

I brought in Holiday to prove that 100C means Zilch. This applies even to Linga for that matter(sorry gotta accept that as Rajni fan).

I just made a point that all this collection overall 100C, 200C business that media speaks will not be of any use to save a sinking ship if it was meant to be. I believe you can roll back few pages here in this thread where someone posted about Aamir Khan's comment about all this 100C thingy. It was quiet interesting read. I'm sure he knows more than what all of us know in cine industry (sorry cannot search now)

You are respected here, so please remove of your tainted glasses that I'm 'Anti-Vijay' and be objective. I'll leave this argument at this point!
    Last edited by Freedom; 23rd January 2015 at 05:16 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    This site will give you the indian movie listings in New ENgland area http://imoviecafe.com/
    It is not updated. It says it is running in Cambridge but the theater web site is not listing it from tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    It is not updated. It says it is running in Cambridge but the theater web site is not listing it from tomorrow.

Just checked now, there is a show for 9:35 PM tomorrow, not sure whether its failing in payment page though
    https://www.applecinemas.com/buytick...-%2009:35%20PM
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    Just checked now, there is a show for 9:35 PM tomorrow, not sure whether its failing in payment page though
    https://www.applecinemas.com/buytick...-%2009:35%20PM
    Thanks for the other site. I think now the main site is listing it as two shows from tomorrow.

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you expect to be online and respond to you instantly? I'm afraid I cannot do that.

I personally don't believe that any of the movies you have about ajith have crossed 100C nor have I seen any legitimate links that would prove the same.

I brought in Holiday to prove that 100C means Zilch. This applies even to Linga for that matter(sorry gotta accept that as Rajni fan).

I just made a point that all this collection overall 100C, 200C business that media speaks will not be of any use to save a sinking ship if it was meant to be. I believe you can roll back few pages here in this thread where someone posted about Aamir Khan's comment about all this 100C thingy. It was quiet interesting read. I'm sure he knows more than what all of us know in cine industry (sorry cannot search now)

You are respected here, so please remove of your tainted glasses that I'm 'Anti-Vijay' and be objective. I'll leave this argument at this point!
    correct..Not only collections are inflated,even the movie budgets are inflated..calling 10A as costliest movie ever made by that time, lingaa budget as 100c and "I" budget as 170C is over exaggeration..Shankar said "I" budget is less than 100c,below AK is saying collection figures are too inflated..but we r ignoring the point made by people from film industry and considering the points made by crap media people who survive only by posting crap news,inflated figures about movies..cinemalead site on 3rd day night IST after lingaa release mentioned movie collected 100c in 3 days all over the world but the fact is some shows are still running on 3rd day all over..after that news twitters are too busy..next day when crap distributor gave that interview all of a sudden there is a calm in the twitter for sometime..what we call this? both success party and 100C club is used to save the sinking ship?

Here is the AK interview http://www.rediff.com/movies/intervi...s/20141208.htm

"A lot of actors inflate the box office figures of their films and pass it on in trade circles and as press releases.

It's childish. For some reason, people in the film industry feel that by inflating the figures, they will convince people to watch the film.

You even get to buy editorial space in newspapers, and say how much business a film has made. It's extremely unfortunate.

It’s meaningless because when you go home, you know how much business the film has done. Even the industry knows exactly how much each film has done.

You can try and fool people but how many times will you fool them? Ultimately, you are just fooling yourself."

Post Thanks / Like

ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

So, information by film industry is genuine now. But media is crap . So, we should believe the marketing guy who even makes the product. Then who has the ISI seal to stamp box office report?