Page 182 of 194 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pras View Post
    vambukku ilukkum pothu, marupadiyum post panni, uraikka sonna konjam effect athigam aagum-la

and u r right, let's stop here
    Thanks for understanding . Cool.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    boi, there are lot of thideer vikram fans but freedom is the only true vikram fan other than you here
    illa man, the argument was about that 100 crore club, not vikram ... happy to have another member in the vikram fans group

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pras View Post
    illa man, the argument was about that 100 crore club, not vikram ... happy to have another member in the vikram fans group
    naanum vikram fan nu thaan uurukkula pesikkiraanga

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Are you saying its more or less ? Even if its more it should be ok in my opinion. Factor in the time (3 years money locked in), cg, and all the shoots out of the country and so forth.
    There really wasn't much CG in there. It was all mostly practical effects from what I have seen, and out of country shoot shouldn't take that much money. Even Enthiran, which had way more CG than 'I' was said to be lower than 200c.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were quoting distributor break even which was 270c .. so the producer cost could have been under 200c. Ok forget CG - there was more extravagance overall with expensive promos, 3yrs of investment locked in and so forth. Again playing with numbers here from the link w/o knowing fully much details. We may not/may know that depending on if the movie gets profitable or not.
    Last edited by bill4u; 24th January 2015 at 06:28 PM.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The making of the action scenes:

So many people, so much hard work, so much of imagination - and we shrug it off easily...
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ai almost sold out for the weekend in Chennai. Good going. Wanted to watch in Dolby Atmos but will have to wait.
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 24th January 2015 at 08:57 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar+arr combo continieu pannanum...thalaivar no sollida poraru.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    They were quoting distributor break even which was 270c .. so the producer cost could have been under 200c. Ok forget CG - there was more extravagance overall with expensive promos, 3yrs of investment locked in and so forth. Again playing with numbers here from the link w/o knowing fully much details. We may not/may know that depending on if the movie gets profitable or not.
    Boss production cost 200C? then you are saying its much high budget than enthiran..for me budget+promos would haven't cost more than 120C..
    I watched with my telugu friend and after seeing the picturization he said the movie budget is more..what to say? its all about lens and camera technique which PC is so good at..even in alaipayuthey which released 15 years back the picturization is so clean..
    also overseas picturization doest cost more these days and whole china portions he took at same place...not even 20% of CG work like in enthiran..only for WETA he would have spend some money for deformed looks for 5 villains + vikram..

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    Boss production cost 200C? then you are saying its much high budget than enthiran..for me budget+promos would haven't cost more than 120C..
    I watched with my telugu friend and after seeing the picturization he said the movie budget is more..what to say? its all about lens and camera technique which PC is so good at..even in alaipayuthey which released 15 years back the picturization is so clean..
    also overseas picturization doest cost more these days and whole china portions he took at same place...not even 20% of CG work like in enthiran..only for WETA he would have spend some money for deformed looks for 5 villains + vikram..
    Again we're trying to reason something w/o knowing all the details. We have to start from here: The distributor break even is 270C (=producer cost with the profit margin paid + distributor cost/expenses). I cant/dont claim to know more than the ibtimes information putout.

"In September of 2014, producer and distributor Aascar V Ravichandran, stated the project would cost about INR2.2 billion (US$35 million),[25] however, by October of 2014, he was widely quoted as stating the budget would be less than INR1 billion (US$16 million)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_%28film%29

thats only about 100c

What's the budget of Shankar's I?

Shankar makes his films with huge budgets and most of his movies have been considered as the highest budget flicks of its time. Be it his Mudhalvan or Endhiran, the money-spent on the productions had made other film industries to turn around and look at Tamil film industry in surprise. His latest film I is also falling into the same category as it is set to become a biggest-ever film made in India. If reports are to be believed, I is more expensive than Shankar's earlier film Endhiran, a sci-fi flick starring Rajinikanth and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. In an interview to a Delhi-based daily, Vikram has said that the movie is made with the budget of Rs 145 cr, which is the highest ever budget movie in Indian film industry. However, doubts are being raised by a section of traders on the budget, as I is neither a sci-fi nor a graphical extravaganza. Adding to that the lead stars of I are less popular than of Endhiran, which featured Rajini and Aish. The expensive part of the movie is the rich visuals captured on camera in some of the popular destinations in the world. An industry insider claims that the producer would find it very difficult to recover the investment if the said budget is true. Nonetheless, some of the well-known technicians from Hollywood are working in the project. Vikram (tamil Actor) Shankar (Tamil Director) Shankar (Tamil Director)

http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/...et-103665.html