Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep and dreams

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Sleep and dreams

Share your views and experiences and any findings you have done.....will post in detail later

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    HHW,

I was never expecting this from you, I mean a good topic

Post Thanks / Like
    raghuji, this will break spb thread's record :P :P :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walrus,

It is a common belief that things that affect us/ have an impact on us when we go to bed come as dreams. Someone preparing for exams may dream of writing exam. Many times, I have seen my children blabbering something about school, teachers and friends during sleep.

I have an interesting thing to share on dreams. I have of late started believing in 'Life after death' after some experiences. My MIL passed away recently after a week in coma. She was very attached to her daughter. Within a week of her death, she came in my Sis-in-law's dream and told her that she is fine now in the place where she is (spirit world!) and have met all her deceased relatives there and is comfortable.

Somewhere, I also happen to read that dream is where those who have recently passed on from this world to the other find a channel to pass some mesages to their loved ones. This incident of my sis-in-law somehow amazed me.
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio

I have an interesting thing to share on dreams. I have of late started believing in 'Life after death' after some experiences. My MIL passed away recently after a week in coma. She was very attached to her daughter. Within a week of her death, she came in my Sis-in-law's dream and told her that she is fine now in the place where she is (spirit world!) and have met all her deceased relatives there and is comfortable.

Somewhere, I also happen to read that dream is where those who have recently passed on from this world to the other find a channel to pass some mesages to their loved ones. This incident of my sis-in-law somehow amazed me.
    This is nothing new. I have heard of hundreds of such dreams and it is something very common when some one loses his/her loved ones. When our loved ones are dead we always wish them to be in a better place - a place better than this world. It's there in our subconscious and comes out as a dream.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Read the 'continue the story' thread for one of my dreams

Hi HHHW!
    you beat me by opening this thread first. Anyways, I used to have three common patterns of dreams. I am not going to tell you guys abt the peculiar dreams I have had!!!
    1. Falling from height after a chase combined with levitation. This is one my most common and most easily recollectable dreams. I was told by my friend that Sigmund Freud has written extensively abt this type of dream. Yet to grab a Freud book and read abt it. I have described this dream in the thread "Continue the story".

2. Snakes. All kinds of them, scariest being a python that coils around and suffocates. I wake up when I feel i am gonna die of suffocation.

3. A lion walking through our street and walking right into my house.

I am yet to get a book of dreams to interpret these. My mother has a lot of interpretations passed down to her by my grand mother. Still , on the lookout of the "Egyptian book of dreams".
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Generally incidences which have happened in our life at some point of time come as dreams with lots of masala in the screenplay Lots of people including yours truly have some common dreams connected to animals.i have always wanted an interpretation but have not taken an interest to find out.Some dreams last for a very long time&it's as if a movie is running in the mind-very cohesive&logical.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i had read in a recent magazine about some people 's dream days before that incident happened

Holywood actress Lindsay wagner had a dream of flight caught with fire just before she supposed to take a flight in chicago airport ,
    After that she screamed and woke up and changed the flight and few minutes later the first flight met with accident and all passengers got killed.

And in the same way , Former president Kennedy, beatles John Lennon had a dream of getting murdered before they really got murdered ?!(How they shared their dream?)

I dont know whether there are some people who have this kind of experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    JG,
    Even falling from height was a regular thing for me. A guy did some research on that. Ever noticed the position of your legs or body when you wake up from such a dream? It seems that this dream is very likely when your body reaches the edge of the bed or legs are outside.

I have got many animal dreams after watching Ramnarayan and god-movies in childhood I used to get dreams of a bear opening the gate and walking into the compound

Unfortunately after I got through my fear of snakes, never had snakes in my dreams.

I have read the book "The interpretation of dreams" by Freud several years back. Freud's theories are full of holes and ridiculous. Freuds theories may hold true for his age when there was a big rebelliousness movement among the youth. It simply cannot be used to study the Eastern psyche. Freud's explanations are based on repressed urges in the human mind. I have come across several people who have overcome all the natural urges through meditation/yoga and other forms. There are hundreds of people who have no connection or attraction to physical things. There are so many normal middleclass people who can go to the terrace at 3 or 4 AM on a cold day and meditate for hours - which cant be done by normal youngsters. The mind of such people cannot be explained by Freud, Jung or other philosophers. The human mind is powerful and when you start tapping/training it on a regular basis, you reach new frontiers. I will write in detail in forthcoming posts.

Western theories are too limited in experience to explain the happenings of different people. You simply cannot apply a western philosopher's ideas to include Indians/Chinese and other metaphysical arts of the eastern world.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are the bear and i am the lion

What is it man? You saw a bear walking into your compound? Cool!!
    Maybe it is a hint to something. Maybe it is a character index! Need to research on that.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast