Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poojai -

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kathi..liked it..a message laden film just like ramana..chop off samantha and the songs, movie would have rocked..Vijay did well and thanfully no over the top acting...
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

4. Thanks VinodKumar's thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Kathi..liked it..a message laden film just like ramana..chop off samantha and the songs, movie would have rocked..Vijay did well and thanfully no over the top acting...
    Your (re)view is perfect from visvaroopam - kathi...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched CD of aranmanai day before yesterday. Least impressed! So so. Artificial throughout-setting and all. Not convincing.
    Watched CD of sikaram thodu today. Simply superb. A healthy, entertaining fare. Loooooong since I watched a good movie like this. For long I had been listening to the songs in fm radio with satisfaction. My children were right in telling me I shall like this movie.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    salim
    - okay for one time watching
    - nothing interesting for repeat view

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poojai - Saamy, still best

Usual Hari fare, Villain is so weak portrayed, it gets uninteresting. Everything works in favour of hero throughout the movie. Between the fights comedy are supposed to make u laugh, but all the time jokes fall flat. I said Vishals physique was apt for action movies in another review, which is verified again here. In the movie he fights more than he talks. Shruthi has been very glamourous in telugu, but she has no scope acting in the movie, she is following the hero around like a little puppy. Whole movie looks more telugu than tamil. Large family, 30-50 baddies in each fights, they got beaten up so much, some landed in kerala state, more songs in foreign nations than in India. Not the worst movie this year, but below average.

Advice, buy and use ear plugs while watching the movie.
    God bless all

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched CD of kaththi. Not being a Vijay fan and after reading TOI review(found out later how biased it was!) started watching the movie with not much interest. But was pleasantly surprised to find the movie simply superb! The speech at the press meet was awesome! More of such movies might check the growing evils in the country.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amarakaaviyam
    - after watching the film i googled to find more about this.. does anyone know more about the real happening of this story?
    - story happens in ooty - 1988 .. 25 yrs ago.. wiki says it is based on "based on a real life incident of Ranson Frank from Chennai"
    - scene setting, cinematography, background.. beautiful.. reason: directed by cinematographer.. Jeeva Shankar, assistant to late Jeeva
    - since it is set in 1988.. some IR songs in background & hero is shown as kamal fan & "sathya" film has some effect on him (using ring in hand & beating couple of boys)
    - director tried something like Panneer puspangal..
    - instead of a beautiful love story, it turned out to be story about love trauma

- hero reminds me Arya in some scenes where he just stands like a wood.. from wiki: he is Arya's brother
    - heroine.. too old for a 12th std girl's role.. nevertheless, she is beautiful.. kerala soil.. Mia George

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pavalamani, why CD ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poriyalan - Watchable.. better thriller than Udhayam NH... another civil engineer movie with more realistic narration than VIP, manimaaran is from Vetrimaaran camp..
    i remember watching Vetrimaaran introducing all his associate directors in the stage of Aadukalam success celebration.. all of them directed movies. Naan rajava Pogiren, Udhayam Nh4, Ethirneechal ( Velraj was the cameraman for all ) one more guy but forgot the movie name... no one succeeded like velraj ( Except Ethirneechal to some extend) i consider him also from Vetrimaaran camp