Page 309 of 400 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How long can this Hari keep his usual formula running?

There is no thrill in a movie, when everything happens in favor of the hero. I cant tell about Kovil havent seen it, but all the other movies have same pattern .larger than life hero, and very weak villain, they might shout louder than hero, but in each battles hero wins. To me its like playing a computer game with cheat codes, you will win no matter what.
    God bless all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    How long can this Hari keep his usual formula running?

There is no thrill in a movie, when everything happens in favor of the hero. I cant tell about Kovil havent seen it, but all the other movies have same pattern .larger than life hero, and very weak villain, they might shout louder than hero, but in each battles hero wins. To me its like playing a computer game with cheat codes, you will win no matter what.
    Thamizh 2002 & Seval 2008 are also diff...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched burma on a niece's recommendation. Not much impressed. Bunches of cheats, frauds and greedy charlatans doing shady business leaves me unmoved however well the plot is interwoven.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    On sil's recommendation watched moodar koodam. It left me in a state of confusion! The movie is made in an amateurish manner-the mun kathai bits etc. Something is wrong with the audio, the rendering of the dialogue: even with utmost straining I could not make out the dialogue most of the time. It is a noble attempt to demonstrate the good side of the people considered the scum of the society and the ugly side of the so-called cream of the society. A lot of golden truths, precious values are mouthed by the characters. On the one hand it deals with a clear, serious plot; then on the other hand very silly dialogues and incidents are included. So kenathanam niraintha oru karuthulla padam!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Mappi, Do you have the online link to download this movie?
    Karthik@CR,

As mappi had said Raktha Thilagam is there in You tube and here is the link.

Decent print. Check if you had not already done.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    megha recommended by my sil failed to get my appreciation! The star who did the role of the powerful hero of a good thriller was a bad choice- he looked like a dhadhi! Again my personal taste idiosyncrasy did not like the double-dimple pappilimaas face of the heroine. She slightly resembles dead Soundarya(single dimple) whom I admired! I am afraid I'm cloyed by this overdose of movies reeking in wickedness, city lifestyles, bold behaviour of modern youth etc. With one more movie my movie-watching marathon shall fortunately come to an end for the time being!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tremendously enjoyed watching aadaama jeyichomadaa. Not knowing abc of cricket was no hindrance to enjoying this hilarious movie. All the characters have done well. Special mention must be made about Ravikumar, Simha and the star who did the role of Panneer. The curtains fall down for now.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pavalamani Pragasam,

Thats quite an immpressive line-up of movies that you have watched. Hats off.

Just few notes from my end :

Moodar Koodam / Burma / Megha

I address them as a 'new-age' cinema, where young and enthusiatic directors come up with 'original' ideas to show their alternate understanding of the craft. Ofcoarse they do embed a few points they were inspired from, but on the whole their projection is quite laudable. But, it gets its share of normative views, just because they are 'usually' different.

Making it short : These movies are character driven with a thin line as a story which uses immense symbolism and demands a lot of concentration. Thus, eventhough being a work of class, falls flat with the sentiment a regualar audience would get, but nevertheless everyone finish it off by saying it was "OK".

Salim - I recomend to you the movie 'Aal'. Quite a strange little movie, for those who have not watched the original(s).

Sarabham / Thegedi - In the same line, Dammal Dumeel, just that this film is more colorful and even more fun to watch.

Poojai - Hari, expect the least, reap the best while its still on ... LoL.

Aranmanai - Had an immense expectation for this film, then settled down only for some funny moments.

Aadaama Jeyichomadaa - Kind of interestingly funny movie too, myself and Interz talked about this movie a while back.

There is another movie that I feel may interest you : 'Naan Nee Nizhal'. Thought the team has come out with some extrodinary idea - like during the chat sessions - and they did manage to keep the suspense intact for a while. If they have tightened the characterisation revolving around the story, this movie would have been more riveting.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, mappi! I've noted down your recommendations. Let me try them when I visit my sons' homes next time. Now I'm back to square one- and my facebook games!

11. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yaan + poojai -therimass mokka..