Page 325 of 400 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..
    That's possibly the best explanation.

All 3 movies claimed a Pongal release until as late as the 31st of December, 2014. Everyday print and electronic advertisements were a proof to this. Eventually one backed out. Hard to believe that the makers were claiming a pongal release, barely 15 days before the festival, having not completed the movie.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep there was a belief that YA will release right on Pongal when teaser released on Dec 4 with news that 1st editing in process and only a week of patch work is left to complete. But shoot continued till last week of Dec and there is a delay in Audio release and movie is yet to be censored. Considering all these we can assume that last schedule is main reason for postponement.

But they would have definitely considered clash and market divisions.

To me Clash between biggies is not good for TFI anytime.I had this same position when there was touted clash between Kaththi and I too.
    Please. See:
    Postponing release doesn't mean fear. After all it is just business.
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally expected YA during pongal even 1 week before or after would have been good.

I have already planned my leaves during that time.

Nevertheless I can enjoy I and Ambala
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

5. Likes CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Meegaman meaning Captain (of a ship) - a powerful proof of what our directors are capable of, if they are not limited by demands of heroism. Thank god the film was not made with any top heroes, thus what we get is an uncompromised action movie. Felt like watching a hollywood movie. The only compromise was Hansika... but she appears for less than 20 mins.
    So 2005 Bollywood recycled material !! But for Damil Audiences this is New ya I agree !! It is "OK" Movie,

I Would like to recommend you watching "Sarkar" If you have not watched it already. or Ab tak chappan (My Fav hero's movie ya)
    Last edited by Dilbert; 3rd January 2015 at 03:26 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pisasu - tribute to ghosts

A very good movie about ghosts, in this year that has been dominated by ghost movies. I used to wonder what if Mysskin made a movie about ghosts, how scary it would be like, but i didnt expect a reverse take on ghost movies. The cast is very good, Naga, Prayaga and Radharavi are convincing in their roles. As usual silence speaks more in his movies than sounds, and the camera work is great as usual in Mysskin movies. A major pillar of the movie is BGM and the song sung by Uthara (unni krishnans daughter) by Arrol Correlli. Esp the violin solo in climax was very touching.
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    And regarding market dynamics, nothing has changed much. Small movies, movies by Naalaiya iyakkunargal getting attention is a welcome change. But that doesnt and will not affect the business done by mass hero movies. Both are mutually exclusive.

For mass hero films, the heroes ensure that they pull the crowd to the halls for the first few days and then the WOM takes care of the sustaining. Best examples are Anjaan and Kaththi. Both films were sold out in the first weekend purely on the merits of the actors and directors. And since Kaththi got better WOM, the crowd kept coming for a while but Anjaan toppled from the immediate Monday.
    superb explanation..

Novji inthan unmai..that 'rise of small films' is only within its market..big actors have the pull factor and you have to accept that..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arragesh View Post
    I personally expected YA during pongal even 1 week before or after would have been good.

I have already planned my leaves during that time.

Nevertheless I can enjoy I and Ambala
    i admire Vishal evalo adi vaganalum, steady-ya irukan..even after consistently delivering flops after flops, he still wants his films to clash with the big ones
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    i admire Vishal evalo adi vaganalum, steady-ya irukan..even after consistently delivering flops after flops, he still wants his films to clash with the big ones
    HE has strong one (I mean financial background) mahen garu! Question unga vettu naaikku kudea oru Hub ID unda? I really miss following that naughty fellow, How is he doing ?
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    We had a clash last year and we won. The reason why YA had to be delayed is because shooting was done a few days back and the film is not ready yet. If both I and YA clash, it will affect I which needs a good run to recover the cost. I was promoted as Pongal rrlease and they preponed it for the reason that they needed an uninterupted run at least for a few days. If YA was released a few days before I, I team will be in trouble
    At last a sensible post. Better than holy cows and purported neutrals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    TT was the talk of town Mahen. I don't know where you live. :P

Just mark my words on the rise of low profile movies....
    Nov,

I am going to quote this and keep it. You mentioned this to me in 2006/2007. Seven years have passed. Let us meet with the same quote in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy