Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Some actors over did their part.
    Basically you cannot summarize a movie of this magnitude. The major plus of the movie is that it has lot of flavors which are packaged efficiently. Where it supposedly falls flat is the story on hand. For instance, Soodhu Kavum and MK have lot of similarities towards story, plot & sub-plots. But where SK wins is it stuck to its one-liner, where as MK did an unnecessary stretching. Naveen wanted to give an extra concentrated film, and its here the problem starts. But MK does over takes SK in the parts where parallels are drawn between characters. For example, the 2nd daughter and Senrayan are parallels - Infatuation + he gives his shirt, she gives her doll. Similarly Kuberan and the kid, the theif and Oviya's Lover (fake projection about themselves), Jayaprakash and Auto Kumar (supremacy) so on and so forth. So to establish these complex characterization, Naveen took small steps carefully and came out quite successful. But it has its downside also, where you tend not to clearly follow the character's behaviors and attitude making you feel its an overdose or overwork.

In any which way you look at it - half glass empty or half glass of water - this movie clearly quenches the few long awaiting people to see a quite different attempt (strictly wrt TFI). For me, I am glad that I got yet another toy to play with. I am eagerly waiting for Naveen's next film.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Sutta Kathai - Disapointing . Expected it to be much better after seeing the trailer

Post Thanks / Like
    When I watched the trailer, the Thai movie "Tears of the Black Tiger" came to my mind. Thought Sutta Kathai would be a parody and quite hilarious. And indeed the trailer was appealing.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    When I watched the trailer, the Thai movie "Tears of the Black Tiger" came to my mind. Thought Sutta Kathai would be a parody and quite hilarious. And indeed the trailer was appealing.
    It is sort of a parody ..... but I was not laughing for most of the intended jokes

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sreedhar Pillai ‏
    #SuttaKadhai – 2.25/5. Nothing much 2 laugh about, jokes fall flat.Best part is opening animated comic strip titles and only 105 minutes. The trouble Subbu has tried 2 translate 80’s pulp crime comic books 2 big screen,somewhere he is lost in translation.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    For "old school" guys : Statham in the cast could have done 'more' wonders, but I am just as fine as it could be with Escape Plan

Looking forward for this film
    If you are tired of fake - "graphics" super-hero or "over-flowing-brainy" sci-fi or "punch-less" action or "dumb" thriller - movies, Escape Plan is just for you. Arnie/Sly are back at business. Whats important is that you get the long lost old-school heroism.

Escape Plan : Sensationally Entertaining

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gone Baby Gone

Excellent. Kept me engrossed throughout. These days I have developed a habit of watching a movie in parts. But GBG made me to watch it in one stretch.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Gone Baby Gone is an excellent film. It has all the class to be celebrated as one of the best in the beginning decade of the millennium. Its Ben Affleck's debut and the whole sub-plots which get major importance as the story progresses gets you hooked. His other movie Town was great but dragged a bit while establishing the emotions of the main characters. And then came Argo, I had talked about it, another not to be missed film.

Dennis Lehane is my favorite crime-suspense novelist. His stories mainly happens in Boston and how he takes you for a ride is magically. Even though many may argue that Mystic River is one of best adaptation of his novel, I always stick to Shutter Island. If you are a "Crime-mystry-suspense" story lovers, he is the author for you.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw 2 movies this week,

machete kills and second one Telugu Nagarjuna Movie "Bhai" . You won't believe both were So similar (I would say 90% aligned with each other). Interesting part was first one is consider as "American comedy exploitation action movie" and later is considered as " Indian Mass Entertainer". You can't get better visual reality check as to how backward Indian Cinema is and how far we need to travel to provide a global entertainer.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..