Page 264 of 400 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarthickb View Post
    Ivan s too moderate hit, IIRC..
    'Ivan', 'Pullakuttikaaran', 'Pudhumaipithan' ellaam flop/below average dhaan. Even 'Sarigamapadhani', which was expected to be another 'Ulle Veliye' was not a hit.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    USV'ku irukkura hype'ku ippa parkkumpodhu onnum illai... idhaivida better'ana padangal MGR'ku niraiya irukku
    HR, The time when USV was released it was a very big effort and first of its kind to have filmed in many countries.. Might not have any effect on the people who watch now..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    spanish movieyil oru bollywood padam..pakka!!! yaaravenumunalam hero-va pothukalam salman, sharukh,ranbir,hirtik ect...

spanish karanaiyum bollywood vittu vekkala..enna 5 songsthan illa!!ha..ha..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rummy
    - waste film
    - Imman's songs are the only saving grace

Post Thanks / Like
    idhu kadhirvelan kadhal
    - blade.. esp. 2nd half was too much of sentiment blade
    - just better than OKOK.. but, not OK

Post Thanks / Like
    last of parthiban series after Barathykannanmma & Ullae Veliye.. this time

Puthiya Paathai
    - good different attempt for a debutant actor director
    - dialogues were good & has parthiban's trademark nakkal
    - this film really required Isaignani's isai.. chandrabose is merely filling the scenes with sounds
    - except 1 song, no other song is good to have a long lasting effect.. this film must be one of the very few successful debut without any hit songs
    - seetha.. too good.. no wonder Parthiban fall for her
    - associate director: vikraman
    Last edited by HonestRaj; 23rd March 2014 at 06:51 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cuckoo

This has to be the best ever blind act in TFI IMHO. I felt a bit bored at the start but later the movie was engaging till the end. Ajith and Vijay look alikes was extremely funny Songs are big plus. BGM was also not irritating to the ears like it did in "Atta Kaththi". I don't know if it will succeed commercially. But I definitely enjoyed watching it. Tamizh and Kodi
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    HR, The time when USV was released it was a very big effort and first of its kind to have filmed in many countries.. Might not have any effect on the people who watch now..
    USV ku irunthu hype ku almost same / similar Muthu ku iruntha hype type.... both had superb music / BGM, USV was technically richer, imho Muthu konjam weaker (graphics was very poor and I don't think aesthetically it was very good either).....both had aratha pazhaiya stories, but Muthu had better screenplay I believe.......

other than that.. Adimai penn maathiri yaaaaaawn movies compare pannumbothu USV can be any time watch...
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cuckoo (2014 : Tamil : 2h40m)
    Written & Directed by Raju Murugan

Music : Santhosh Narayanan

Starring : Dinesh as Thamizh & Malavika Nair as Sudhanthirakodi

Simple story about romance blooming between two visually impaired couples (ofcoarse opposite gender), with the "as usual" crooked minded family members who try to benefit from them by going to any extent to seperate their love and the "golden hearted friends" who are not only prepared to help them financially but support them throughout their journey on this "thorny-love" road [but as usual go missing during crucial suituations]. The prime motive of the film is to show us Who they (all) are, How - Thamizh & Kodi meet; fall in love; get seperated and whether they join again crossing all the hurdles which even humans with sight could tumble, and finally how their love acts as a sound to guide them in this 'dark-pathetic' world, helping them to recaputre & retarce their paths just as the fabulous melody - Cuckoo Cuckoo.

Let me tell this straight away - Cuckoo is not for everyone. There are dramas and melodramas which are quite soothing for any audience even if they have a dislikeness to such genres, but cuckoo stays quite pure and needs a bit of thinking and interpretations throughout the movie to fully enjoy it, which could make the viewership not only tiring but seemingly long.

Raju Murugan has neatly presented his tale, which is quite difficult to produce visually. Admist the life of the visually impaired, he allocates enough sweet & sour moments for the main couple, making it as an "docu-interesting" watch. The co-artists were damn good and its shown in such a way that you are amoung them enjoying their "normal" take of life rather then getting preachy or sorrowed by their state. The humour has come out well, but again it will not be appealing for the most as its not spoon-fed oneliners. There are some crumbling onliners about politics, current cinema, humanity etc., just like the jokes coloumn of Vikatan weekly.

The lead pair takes away the lime light. They are not only natural but beleivable, esp., Malavika. Her agony mixed with desperation to put forward the anguish in her expressions are very subtle. Be it tolerating the naughty comments or kiddish acts of Dinesh or facing her families decesion, knowing well that she is not only helpless but is not even capable of confronting them, are so very well enacted. Dinesh does some tremendrous exploitation of himself getting well inside the shoes of a visually impaired person. They have carefully edited his close-up shots to give us a varied feel for each of his expressions. Sharing the same podium with them is Santosh Narayanan. Only default are the songs and its placing that does not coincide with the suituations, which make us aloof from the picturisations. He scores too high in BGM and RR which fits the emotions of the lead pair as well as the expression of the film itself. Hats off to him to have learnt where to be silent. Special mention goes to all the colorful visuals and the man who had captured them all.

Scenes which impressed me lot (either its music or performence or directors touch) :
    - Title card
    - Dinesh Intro
    - Awesome IR songs everywhere
    - Bustop scene
    - Kodi wating for Thamiz after giving him the parfume
    - Opening of Manasual Sorra Kathae (and its visuals)
    - Kodi Facing her family
    - Police station encounter (and the scene just after that where Dinesh wishes to feel the Police official and ...)
    - Climax (towards the far end)
    - End credits

But still on the whole, it fails to impress even the fans of such genre. The prime reason being going over board with realism & extending scenes where even after the message is passed the film continues as a tutor repeating the same lines. The idea was great, the visual naration was top notch but the assemblage was a bit clumpsy. The scenes unfold as a custon design : jolly suituation => pathos scene => happy mood => cruelty => etc. When each start to happen, it happens in huge quantity, and thrown as a junk, esp. towards the climax where the film tries to catch its own tail. Another thing is that, every scene is crowded, there is a lot of noise and commotion. Eventhough I understand the motive behind it, I thought it should have been kept under check after a few illustrations and registrations, but the film continues to pound our ears. It should have been more creative in its approach to control the realism. Fact is that we are here to see what Thamizh & Kodi are doing and not how they are doing admist all the pollution throughout ! Finally, the journalist subplot is not very original - I wished they could have skipped it and narrated in an alternative way (in a straight forward manner) - its a twin to Ajith Starrer Red (but Cuckoo is nowhere near to Red - trust me).

I do not know how this movie is doing in theatres, or whether its still running, but Cucukoo is a movie to be cherished just for the efforts put by the whole team. Thamizh & Sudhanthirakodi are a lovely couple and their love indeed reaches out for you.

Cuckoo - SoulfulL
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Pannaiyarum Padminiyum
    - documentry
    - some might like it.. enakkellam mudiyalai... completed watching in 4 installments