Page 326 of 400 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    So 2005 Bollywood recycled material !! But for Damil Audiences this is New ya I agree !! It is "OK" Movie,

I Would like to recommend you watching "Sarkar" If you have not watched it already. or Ab tak chappan (My Fav hero's movie ya)
    You would be the last person I'd take a recommendation from.
    Which brings me to this doubt... if you have such a low opinion of Tamil movies, why even bother watching?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    TT was a well made action film which won rave reviews. But it was not a roaring BO success.
    Really, is BO our concern? As an audience, I am only concerned about the quality of each movie. Let the producers and distributors worry about BO.

And looking at the BO results over the past few months, I see them as mere ego-massage which does not reflect the truth.
    None of the BO figures are reliable and depends entirely on who is reporting them.

Yes, we may see only those mass heroes on screen and not Selvam, the driver or Shiva, the undercover agent.
    This is EXACTLY why I don't want any of the current top heroes to do these kind of movies.
    Let's take an example - Sivaji, the best actor then and forever.
    Sivaji in the late 60s was already an established super-star, but guess what... when he acted in a movie, you don't see him but only the character. The best example is Gouravam - he plays dual role - you do not see two Sivajis. What you see are two Barristers - it was a movie about these two characters. The mind boggles to recall that basically it was just a Sivaji vs Sivaji show!
    This, I find lacking in all current top heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    And regarding market dynamics, nothing has changed much. Small movies, movies by Naalaiya iyakkunargal getting attention is a welcome change. But that doesnt and will not affect the business done by mass hero movies. Both are mutually exclusive.
    A lot has changed.
    Success of movies no longer depends on stars - we have seen how movies by top stars have flopped at the BO.
    Success of movies depends entirely on stories and how it's told - that is why movies without any star value have gone on to become huge hits.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bollywood itself running in Tamil /Telugu remakes...

5. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Novji inthan unmai..that 'rise of small films' is only within its market..big actors have the pull factor and you have to accept that..
    Explain the BO of Kochadaiyan and Linga, in spite of the presence of huge stars like Rajni and ARR.

Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    I am going to quote this and keep it. You mentioned this to me in 2006/2007. Seven years have passed. Let us meet with the same

Since 2007, small films have risen tremendously. From no-hope to blockbusters.
    Since 2007, mediocre films by top stars have flopped at the BO

Patience brother.... things cannot change overnight.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    You would be the last person I'd take a recommendation from.
    Which brings me to this doubt... if you have such a low opinion of Tamil movies, why even bother watching?
    lastoo firstoo !! low opinionoo high opinionoo. There is no harm in trying something good when even your enemy recommends it!! cheers happy new year ya can you try to be little less sourpuss in 2015 please Sir Nov..
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Explain the BO of Kochadaiyan and Linga, in spite of the presence of huge stars like Rajni and ARR.

Since 2007, small films have risen tremendously. From no-hope to blockbusters.
    Since 2007, mediocre films by top stars have flopped at the BO

Patience brother.... things cannot change overnight.
    Nov,

Even before 2007, small films had the same advantage. It is not new. Infact, they had more advantage since no of people going to theaters was high then. More than me, you should be patient for years. I am not questioning your wish but how things works practically. Only popular factors bring audience to theaters in overseas. Otherwise, small movies would have got released quite often compared to regular movies.

Having said that, no one can save a bad movie. But a good movie can be lifted to great heights. Had someone else acted in Gowravam, I don't think it would have achieved the same BO success.

P:s: Shivaji showing as a character in his movies is a very subjective opinion. You can say he was better than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leo, Mahen isn't a fan of the other side. He is a holy cow. Delete that post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Fate of hub...people who claims himself ajith or vijay fan unwantedly pull down vijay/ajith in their post....genuine vijay/ajith fans react to tat and fight starts....this becomes regular in hub

Post Thanks / Like
    Wat I feel is people who starting it should be a fan of some other actors(not vj/aj)who enjoys people bashing and trolling vj/aj

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched Kayal Online( HD quality thru Tentkotta.com) in my home theater..
    Stunning Visuals, Nice Music, Engaging screenplay(second half little dragging) made this movie a memorable watch!!
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!