Page 59 of 401 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan Part 10

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another scene from Vasantha Maligai...a very short scene but what a performance...

Vanishree is being accused of stealing a jewellery piece, by Balaji & team. She is being humiliated in public when NT enters furiously and relieves her from the crowd.

Now, he gently picks up her hand..listen to her patiently...and casually walk towards the car along with her. The way he lifts up his head, his body language everything is just world class performance in that scene.

He could well have reacted hastily or could have tried to be more emotional while consoling her...but he maintains his cool in that scene because at the back of his mind he's got that iota of doubt about her stealing the jewel which finally...when they reach the car...comes out as simple at the same time harsh words of accusation.

Brilliant piece of acting.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber goldstar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sivajisenthil View Post
    elated to see our NT's avtars when he reigned as the emperor of our tamil cinema when his immortal anniversary nears. Thillana Mohanambal's Nadhaswaram close-up and Gowravam's Baristar close up.. would have added more salt and pepper. I want to confirm whether our Karnan is continuing towards its silver jubilee? Please upload this weeks advt.
    Senthil,

Karnan is running only in Sathyam now and Sunday was last show in Escape, hope Karnan will run for 150 days in Sathyam.

Cheers,
    Sathish

Post Thanks / Like

Ennai Pol Ooruvan in Chennai

Ennai Pol Ooruvan will be re-released in Chennai Mahalakshi theater on coming Friday.

Thank you http://www.Nadigarthilagam.com

Cheers,
    Sathish

Post Thanks / Like

Sorgam Sunday gala photos

Sorgam is running houseful shows three theaters in Chennai.

Sunday gala photos at Anna theater, thanks to http://www.nadigarthilagam.com.

Cheers,
    Sathish
    Last edited by goldstar; 10th July 2012 at 06:53 AM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    சொர்க்கம், என்னை போல் ஒருவன் இரண்டுமே நல்ல ஆட்டம் போடலாம்-all songs super
    சமீபத்தில் வேலாலே விழிகள் பார்க்க நேர்ந்தது(Kalignar டிவி)
    போட் ல் ஆடும் அந்த ஸ்டைல் சூப்பர்.
    Vazga Sivaji pugaz

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dear GS. thanks for the information. Karnan very well deserves a silver jubilee. to my knowledge no other old classic has done such an accomplishment in its rerun. will this find a place in guinness records? KSC only shall take steps

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had read autobiography of NT many times but now I wish to reproduce some points, photos . Hope U all like it

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are excerpts from Ganesan’s reminiscences of his lucky break:

“I am not very sure of the day of the week, but I know I was born on October 1, 1928.” said he. That day was a Monday, and on that day his father Chinnaiya mandrayar was arrested for taking part in an anti-British campaign in Villupuram. This autobiography of Villupuram Chinnaiya Ganesa Moorthy (Ganesa Moorthy was his original name) first appeared in Tamil on Oct.1, 2002, on the first posthumous birthday of Sivaji. It consists of a question and answer format. The questions were formulated by Dr. T.S. Narayana Swamy, and Sivaji provides reminiscences of his notable life

“Anna wrote the play Sivaji kanda Hindu Rajyam. Originally, M.G. Ramachandran was chosen to play the role of Sivaji and the costumes tailored for him. For some reason MGR turned down the offer. With hardly a week left for the play, D.V. Narayanaswamy, the stage manager, was extremely worried. He told Anna that MGR had refused to act this role. Both had a brainstorming session to find alternatives…Anna thought a beard would look good on me. He put the question to me very directly. ‘Ganesa, are you willing to act as Sivaji?’ I perspired profusely at this question…Anna asked me to try it out. Moreover he had the confidence that I could do it. He handed me a 90 page dialogue manuscript and adviced me to go through it. He was going home and on his return would audition me for the role. Anna gave me the manuscript at eleven in the morning and he came back around six in the evening…I managed to memorise so much in merely seven hours. ‘You are Sivaji’, he announced, his voice choking with emotion. If I could memorise a 90 page manuscript in a relatively short time, it was only because of my passion for acting, you could even call it addiction…There were only four days left for the play to be staged and all the costumes tailored for MGR had to be downsized to suit me. They had to pad cotton in some places to correct the size difference as I was a mere boy and was slightly built at that time.”

“The film Parasakti was released in 1952 and I got married the same year…My mother decided that it was time for me to tie the knot and arranged to get me married to my cousin’s daughter Kamala…The simplicity of the wedding made it a revolutionary ceremony. I was married on May 1st 1952 at Swamimalai, a place close to my cousin’s house. Sri P.A. Perumal, annan MGR, Sri Karunanidhi, the poet Kannadasan, Smt. T.A. Maduram, Sri. S.V. Sahasranamam, along with directors Krishnan and Panju attended my wedding…Nowadays much emphasis is placed on celebrating weddings extravagantly with glitz and glamour. My wedding was devoid of that and my total expenditure was only five hundred rupees! I confess that I did not have the means to spend more.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Wedding Photo
    2u7vaz6.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Sivaji On Kamala Ammal

“She is the captain of our home and my boss. I will act only in accordance with her wishes.” I did not see my children growing. My brother Shanmugam &wife took care of house.
    My wife was well trained by my mother. Whoever earns more his wife must adjust , In my case my wife adjusted , very well