View Poll Results: Which of the Vijay movie do you think is the most important movie of his career?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poove Unakkaga - Vijay's talent get's noticed

2 5.56%
  • Kadalukku Mariyadhai - The boy-next-door becomes an household name

6 16.67%
  • Ghilli - Establishing Vijay as the Undisputed King of Commercial Cinema

18 50.00%
  • Pokkiri - Redefines Vijay's mass and reach among all audiences

1 2.78%
  • Thuppakki - Re-establishes Vijay's top position in today's highly competitive industry

9 25.00%
Page 185 of 398 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3976

Thread: ★ Ilayathalapathy™ VIJAY ★ - Updates and Discussions # 8

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Happy that many reviews pointing out Vijay being the best among the two. I havent watched Holiday yet. But from whatever I saw in the trailers, Vijay was better than Akshay. Also, Vidyut Jamwal was better than this 'Maida maavu' villain of Holiday. ARM should've atleast retained him.

Hope ARM continues to make movies with Vijay. Missed having Vijay on board right from his first film.

And if it makes someone happy, even my dog hasn't watched Thuppakki.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    Lol...true, Ajay. A simple "I am waiting" dialogue in the hindi version lacked the punch that Vijay brought in the tamil version.

And by the way, even my pet dog hasn't watched Thuppakki. ..so these happy souls can claim they attained Nirvana..out of happiness. God bless them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Akshay has never denied that Holiday is a remake of Thuppakki...... All he had said was he signed the film even before thuppakki was made and he hasn't seen Thuppakki. There is nothing demeaning in both these statements.

Some of his earlier tweets during the initial phase of Holiday....

Started shooting my first film in the new year, the Hindi remake of Thuppakki! Would love to get your good wishes today

What should we call the Hindi remake of Thuppakki? For those who don't know, Thuppakki means a gun in Tamil and is an action thriller

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Happy that many reviews pointing out Vijay being the best among the two. I havent watched Holiday yet. But from whatever I saw in the trailers, Vijay was better than Akshay. Also, Vidyut Jamwal was better than this 'Maida maavu' villain of Holiday. ARM should've atleast retained him.

Hope ARM continues to make movies with Vijay. Missed having Vijay on board right from his first film.

And if it makes someone happy, even my dog hasn't watched Thuppakki.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Akshay has never denied that Holiday is a remake of Thuppakki...... All he had said was he signed the film even before thuppakki was made and he hasn't seen Thuppakki. There is nothing demeaning in both these statements.

Some of his earlier tweets during the initial phase of Holiday....

Started shooting my first film in the new year, the Hindi remake of Thuppakki! Would love to get your good wishes today

What should we call the Hindi remake of Thuppakki? For those who don't know, Thuppakki means a gun in Tamil and is an action thriller
    Precisely...not sure why a couple of people are making a song and dance about this. As I said, ARM and Vijay also shared this during Thuppakki promotions and making...that ARM didn't do it in Hindi first cos Akshay needed 3 months to finish his commitments that time and Vijay's dates were immediately available. .so he discussed with Akshay and asked for 6 months extra time to complete Thuppakki...and they could do the hindi version after that. This is so common in film making business.

Anyway...some people and their thinking cannot be changed. Time to move on to other topics. Cheers!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Akshay himself calls Holiday, a Hindi remake of Thuppakki? Looks like he doesn't visit our hub. Our guys have a different theory altogether.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    Lol...true, Ajay. A simple "I am waiting" dialogue in the hindi version lacked the punch that Vijay brought in the tamil version.

And by the way, even my pet dog hasn't watched Thuppakki. ..so these happy souls can claim they attained Nirvana..out of happiness. God bless them.

Lol Dammy, do you really think these are happy souls? Bitter souls who abuse to live and live to abuse.

I also came across the post about Vikatan Water Coopers' ratings based on information gathered by talking with Distributors, theatre owners and cine related people.

Hindu (2003), Forbes (2012 and 2013), UTV Dhanjayan's analysis (2013), Google's most searched actor in the last decade, Highest Satellite rights, Jilla's overwhelming pre-business lead all these cannot stand before Vikatan's ratings, obviously.

Vikatan is the new standard for Tamil Cinema Ratings how Behindwoods is to Box Office Collections and TFU Kannan for Twitter movie ratings. What they say, stay.
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 8th June 2014 at 05:20 PM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well in a sense even Vijay signed the film even before Thuppaki was made.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

9. Likes uruzalari liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol. Yeah.. I forgot that.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like

watch this video from 9th min..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    Awesome. Rajni, Kamal and then Vijay in that list, which is dominated by so called Bollywood biggies. Super. Thanks for sharing, Kumaran!
    we share only truths bro.. here no rotfl vadais from twitter jokers hmm