View Poll Results: Which of the Vijay movie do you think is the most important movie of his career?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poove Unakkaga - Vijay's talent get's noticed

2 5.56%
  • Kadalukku Mariyadhai - The boy-next-door becomes an household name

6 16.67%
  • Ghilli - Establishing Vijay as the Undisputed King of Commercial Cinema

18 50.00%
  • Pokkiri - Redefines Vijay's mass and reach among all audiences

1 2.78%
  • Thuppakki - Re-establishes Vijay's top position in today's highly competitive industry

9 25.00%
Page 355 of 398 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 3976

Thread: ★ Ilayathalapathy™ VIJAY ★ - Updates and Discussions # 8

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by praboo View Post
    I am also very much eager to know after which movie u guys became fan of him...I became his fan after kushi
    Oh man, it is so hard to say after what movie but I can maybe say in what period of time. I don't remember exactly when as I slowly grew to like him. When I was young I did not care much about any other actor's movies because all I needed was Rajini and MGR but I think it was during 2003-2004 that changed everything. The very first movie that made me become a huge fan of Vijay was Thirumalai. I loved everything about that movie. I started dressing as Thirumalai and I even started copying the way he takes his cigarette even though I was like 12 years old then. Then came Ghilli. Oh that Ghilli craze. Every where I went it was nothing but Ghilli. I instantly fell in love with his comedies and action. After that I watched all his older movies whenever it was on TV. So Thirumalai will always hold a special place.
    Last edited by Mr.GreyShirt; 2nd December 2014 at 07:05 AM.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    Oh man, it is so hard to say after what movie but I can maybe say in what period of time. I don't remember exactly when as I slowly grew to like him. When I was young I did not care much about any other actor's movies because all I needed was Rajini and MGR but I think it was during 2003-2004 that changed everything. The very first movie that made me become a huge fan of Vijay was Thirumalai. I loved everything about that movie. I started dressing as Thirumalai and I even started copying the way he takes his cigarette even though I was like 12 years old then. Then came Ghilli. Oh that Ghilli craze. Every where I went it was nothing but Ghilli. I instantly fell in love with his comedies and action. After that I watched all his older movies whenever it was on TV. So Thirumalai will always hold a special place.
    I have seen so many of Vijay fans quote Thirumalai, which again was a comeback of sorts for him.

GS, Why not put your top 10?
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 2nd December 2014 at 07:53 AM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

4. Likes faithiu11 liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's mine. With period allowances based on past impact rather than present day watchability

Movies:

1) Kaadhalukku Mariyadhai
    2) Kushi
    3) Ghilli
    4) Kaththi
    5) Thuppakki
    6) Vaseegara
    7) Nanban
    8) Sachein
    9) Thirumalai
    10) Love Today

Albums:
    1) Kannukkul Nilavu
    2) Kaadhalukku Mariyadhai
    3) Shah Jahan
    4) Ninaithen Vanthai
    5) Youth
    6) Ghilli
    7) ATM
    8) Kaththi
    9) Thullatha Manamum Thullum
    10) Vettaikaran

6. Likes interz, faithiu11, CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was a semi fan before Priyamudan release. To me its an important movie in Vijays career. I am just missing watching 3 movies from his filmography, One day ill finish this, no matter how those three movies are.

Here is my top 10:

1. Ghilli
    2. Kaththi
    3. Thuppakki
    4. Nanban
    5. Friends
    6. Priyamudan
    7. Kushi
    8. Sachin
    9. Thirumalai
    10. Poove Unakkaagha
    God bless all

8. Likes faithiu11, CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

I am from Kerala. I became VJ fan after watching TMT in 1999. I still remember that day when I watched that film from Ajantha theature trivandrum. To be honest I won't watch Tamil films at that time and since I watched all other movies playing , my friend pulled me for this one. We missed first 10 mins and we don't know the hero's name also. After the movie I liked that and went outside the theature and finds out hero's name - VIJAY. Next day morning show we again watch the same film next day

After that watched all the movies of VJ from theature.

My favorities are
    1. Pokiri
    2. Thuppaki
    3. Kaththi
    4. Gilli
    5. Thirupachi\Velayudham
    6. Kushi
    7. Badri
    8. TMT
    9. Shajahan\Sachin\Vaseegara
    10. Thirumalai

JILLA is special eventhough the movie is average, its for the dream come true combo - lalettan and vj

10. Likes interz, faithiu11, CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oncemore. I was four or five but its the first movie of VIJAY I clearly remember watching. I remember wearing out the tape so much my dad had to buy another one. Not one meal time went by without watching Ooty malai beauty. What can I say,this guy has always been a kid magnet. Been his fan as far as I can recall and even before that.

12. Likes faithiu11 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by praboo View Post
    I am also very much eager to know after which movie u guys became fan of him...I became his fan after kushi
    Kadhalukku Mariyadhai, without a doubt to me. Remember watching it in theatres as it was nearing its 50 day run and both Vijay and Shalini became instant favourites.

Ilayaraja Sir's songs right from 'Ithu Sangeetha Thirunaala' takes you on a musical ride and Vijay's youthful exuberance and elegance were a treat to watch. You could feel, the next generation to Rajni-Kamal is here. Remember Textile Shops selling Vijay T-shirts, the posters of Vijay/Shalini placed in every poster shops, the video cassette of KM being shared among households and all the songs occupying at least the top 3 spots in Philips Super 10. Over the next few years, you could see many a Vijay's songs rampaging through Super 10, Pepsi Ungal Choice and Neengal Ketta Padal.

Many thanks to Director Fazil, for changing Vijay's image forever! Vikraman's Poove Unnakaga was an important break too, but KM was a game changer.

Remember how in an interview few years ago, Chiyaan Vikram also had mentioned how Vijay became a household name after Kadalukku Mariyadhai.

No wonder, Ennai Thalatta Varuvala became such a rage those days. The song which begins with a 'heart beat' and Vijay walking casually, just that 4 minute song took Vijay into many a household, I guess. Easily, the best song for Ilayathalapathy.

Somehow, I guess Vijay looked entirely different in KM, compared to all his previous movies. He was neat, had just the right physique and his dresses were are all top notch.

No turning back, ever since
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 2nd December 2014 at 07:09 PM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

14. Thanks faithiu11 thanked for this post
    Likes gane14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

16. Thanks faithiu11 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My top ten list of Vj movies:

1. Kaththi/ Thuppakki
    2. Ghilli/ Pokkiri
    3. Thirumalai/ Thiruppachi
    4. Nanban
    5. TMT
    6. Poove Unakkaga
    7. Kushi
    8. Friends
    9. Kavalan
    10.Vaseegara
    Ean kanneerum seneerum kooda un pear sollum- Vijay

18. Likes interz, gane14 liked this post
    Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijay's choice of movies interesting....chimbudevan-atlee-kv anand and I also c he finishes chimbudevan project quickly and moving on to Atlee project since gv Prakash already started to compose songs...I really wonder how he manages to work back to back ....this man has amazing energy..