View Poll Results: Which of the Vijay movie do you think is the most important movie of his career?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poove Unakkaga - Vijay's talent get's noticed

2 5.56%
  • Kadalukku Mariyadhai - The boy-next-door becomes an household name

6 16.67%
  • Ghilli - Establishing Vijay as the Undisputed King of Commercial Cinema

18 50.00%
  • Pokkiri - Redefines Vijay's mass and reach among all audiences

1 2.78%
  • Thuppakki - Re-establishes Vijay's top position in today's highly competitive industry

9 25.00%
Page 388 of 398 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 3976

Thread: ★ Ilayathalapathy™ VIJAY ★ - Updates and Discussions # 8

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pokkiri ellam chancey illa !!! Andha ManiSharma Tharathappattaigal innum ennoda kaadhula olikudu... Didn't watch FDFS though ! But there are many scenes which i enjoy watching like Aerobics Scene and Rain Scene ( Chanceless ) i didn't watch telugu version prior to this one and so it was fresh to me !
    Dream Big !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me POKIRI was one of the best of VJ. I have seen more than 20 times and loved all the scenes except comedy now. In Kerala POKIRI was the movie which took VJ to next level and bought lot of family audience to theatre.

I still remember its 100 day celebration in trivandrum and how surprised VJ on seeing his fan following in the state

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prajith View Post
    For me POKIRI was one of the best of VJ. I have seen more than 20 times and loved all the scenes except comedy now. In Kerala POKIRI was the movie which took VJ to next level and bought lot of family audience to theatre.

I still remember its 100 day celebration in trivandrum and how surprised VJ on seeing his fan following in the state
    I had a Kerala friend during that time...
    He used to imitate the vadivelu comedy from POKKIRI..

That would be even more funnier with his malayalam slang

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me it was one of the best. The main reason, I have not watched a single Maheshbabu movie.
    I watched it one first day and few scene in the movie brought the roof down here.

More than that , I guess we waited for it nearly one year.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post
    For me it was one of the best. The main reason, I have not watched a single Maheshbabu movie.
    I watched it one first day and few scene in the movie brought the roof down here.

More than that , I guess we waited for it nearly one year.
    I watched both Okkadu and Pokkiri after seeing Vijay first. But Pokkiri Telugu enjoyed a bigger buzz in Tamil Nadu when it released and some of MB's mannerisms and attire became quite famous. Nothing wrong in staying true to the original version, but didn't enjoy Vijay doing it.

Imitation at any level doesn't make for a pretty reading IMHO, unless you are a supernatural being or a Sivakarthikeyan to do it better than the originals.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to know ur opinion about Vj performance in Nanban as comparison was against one of 3IDIOTS one of the finest movie ever made

My opinion I enjoyied movie even after watching 3Idiots 4 times. For me VJ looked fresh and handsome. I think in few scenes he did better than Amir esp mixing the exam answer sheet in-front of invigilator and imitating virus. Still Amir was best but Vj had done justice to his role

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nanban.. Except Vijay's first few scenes.. Loved his performance..
    Sachin...

9. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Even though I had watched 3I more than thrice before watching Nanban, I loved Nanban as well. Vijay was at his ravishing best. And looked much fitting as college student than Aamir.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prajith View Post
    I would like to know ur opinion about Vj performance in Nanban as comparison was against one of 3IDIOTS one of the finest movie ever made

My opinion I enjoyied movie even after watching 3Idiots 4 times. For me VJ looked fresh and handsome. I think in few scenes he did better than Amir esp mixing the exam answer sheet in-front of invigilator and imitating virus. Still Amir was best but Vj had done justice to his role
    Prajith,

Thanks for asking.

Vijay was outstanding in Nanban.

Agree completely with you. Vijay did complete justice to his role as Panchavan Parivendhan.

Here also Shankar stayed true to the original, but Vijay was Vijay in Nanban throughout and it was a delight to see him do things that we have all enjoyed in his early years. He looked young and charming, he had a casual demeanour, he was back to his graceful best in dancing (Askka Laska brought back memories of his melodies of old) and more importantly, he underplayed his role beautifully. All the while throughout, he remained just Vijay.

Some people so easily say/write underestimating this man's acting skills. The more I see and watch him, the more I am convinced that he is one of the best performers around. Everything comes naturally to him and he excels.

Nanban was one such movie where he excels in everything.

Don't get me wrong here folks. It is not about remake movies in general, it is only about imitation that I wrote about.

Badri was signature Vijay. It was a blast.

Friends and Priyamanavalle, though early days, still had all of Vijay's trademarks.

Vijay rocked in Ghilli.

It was only in Pokkiri that I felt, he could have mellowed down a bit.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

12. Likes Russellmvr liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one can expect a change like Kaavalan Lover boy to Velayutham Vigilante to College Student in Nanban.. and from no where a Military man in Thupakki..!!

Whatta change of Game..!!