View Poll Results: Which of the Vijay movie do you think is the most important movie of his career?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poove Unakkaga - Vijay's talent get's noticed

2 5.56%
  • Kadalukku Mariyadhai - The boy-next-door becomes an household name

6 16.67%
  • Ghilli - Establishing Vijay as the Undisputed King of Commercial Cinema

18 50.00%
  • Pokkiri - Redefines Vijay's mass and reach among all audiences

1 2.78%
  • Thuppakki - Re-establishes Vijay's top position in today's highly competitive industry

9 25.00%
Page 220 of 398 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3976

Thread: ★ Ilayathalapathy™ VIJAY ★ - Updates and Discussions # 8

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    உன்தோல்வி படங்களை கண்டு சிரித்தவர்களை விடவெற்றி பெற்றபடங்களை கண்டு பயந்தவர்கள்தான் அதிகம்..

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kushi was the first Vijay film that I saw at the cinemas.I was is in my 9th std then. The movie was closing in towards it's 75th day run when I saw it at Sangam with my father. It was followed by Piriyamanavale and then Friends. I had become a Vijay fan gradually during this phase and saw Badhri as a true blue Vijay fan. Still remember those days when I used to watch Neengal Ketta Padal in Sun tv just to see how many people told Vijay was their favourite actor Have seen all his films at the cinemas from Kushi till Jilla barring Udhaya and Sukran(if you may include it as a Vijay starrer).
    Have not liked all his movies but definitely loved his presence in almost every film.Why I became his fan? Tough to decipher it to any single reason.But one quality that instantly made me take a liking to him was the way he responded to questions on why he continues doing similar commercial movies. Most of the times the answer was straightforward and more about accepting his limitations rather than mincing words. It was always either 'I think this route suits me better', ' I am not made for performance oriented roles' or 'I am doing the type of films that I enjoyed watching'. The fact that he comes as a package that provides wholesome entertainment is his major draw. Among his peers I feel his comic timing is what attracts me to him. I surely feel that a member from the general audience would any day be able to easily sit through a bad vijay film compared to that of his peers.
    His attempt at politics? I do not like but that is his personal choice. Sometimes even the worst can happen for the best. Despite being an eminently forgettable movie I still feel that the Sura debacle is what has resulted in a sea change in Vijay's choice of films ever since. None of his 6 films after Sura have disappointed me greatly. While Nanban and Thuppakki are right at the top the other four had their fair share of moments despite being a little up and down.

Eagerly awaiting Katthi and hope he continues his fine form.
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 21st June 2014 at 12:45 AM.

7. Thanks arulraj thanked for this post
    Likes gane14, Dammy R, CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A strong reason for starting to like Vijay is because of my father. Right from days of '' Friends '' he used to take me to theatres only to Vijay movies... There's a secret fan in him and he'd never admit it. Once there was a powercut in night & we landed for Pokkiri night show. When i was watching Rohit hit 200, he'd ask me to switch to Thuppakki premiere in Vijay TV... Such was his secret admiration to Vijay. The best part was Ghilli... It was in his workplace that everyone were raving about Ghilli & he'd wanted to see if it was worth their praise.. So he took me to watch the film nearly 75 days after it's release... After the film he was astonished by the turnout for a scorching weekend noonshow and remarked he'd never expected such a big crowd for the film.

While waiting for the Vettaikaran outside theatre, i was seeing some fanmade wall posters... One fan near me, remarked about one poster & how Vijay's smiling face was so adorable and magnetic that he'd come just to witness that face onscreen for odd 3 hrs...
    Dream Big !

12. Likes gane14, Dammy R, CEDYBLUE, arulraj liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys rock

Keep 'em coming
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |