Thread: [Indian Cinema] Distribution of Indian cinema outside India

Threaded View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

[Indian Cinema] Distribution of Indian cinema outside India

Hi,

Cinema being my passion just like many of you on this forum, I would like to showcase our culture through screening of our movies to foreign audience.
    I have a very good oppurtunity to do so in France, as I do projection of Films in a cinema halls in my town. The idea of showing Indian movies to the French audience came to me when the cinema halls were upgraded to 3D Numeric with SR Dolby 7.1. This way transporting the films in numeric format is much eaiser than film reels.

Also, the interest the audience show towards our cinema motivates me to start looking for means. I am sure they would enjoy some of the master pieces crafted in India.

Please feel free to share your knowledge on Distribution of Indian Cinema outside India.
    If you have or know any contacts, please PM me. Also if you come across any website in this context please include it in this thread.

My Idea is to organise a week on Indian Cinema in my town and if possible in my Region (Britanny) and screen Indian Movies (notably Tamil movies).

Note : The aim is not to gain any financial profits. I belong to a small association, and we have a tight budget. Never wish to show latest movies or movies of leading heroes, but artistic movies like Veyyil, Aranya Kandam, Pitha Magan ... etc. And ofcoarse re-mastered Classics like Karnan ...

Thanks to NOV to have guided me to open this thread.

Many thanks and Regards
    KarthiK
    Last edited by mappi; 14th August 2012 at 01:52 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement