Page 162 of 194 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    They have been doing this for every movie including Robot, Viswaroopam ! Let us see how "I" do this time! I am not sure THEY WILL EVEN reveal the REAL FIGURES! Their intention is "bringing down" any SI movie!
    Come on..dont paint them so bad...they do praise quality films..Mani's bombay and Shankar's Indian was well received and a huge hit...
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    Komal Nahta

Aascar Film (P.) Ltd.s I (UA; dubbed from the Tamil film of the same name) is a unique love story. Lingesan (Chiyaan Vikram) is a champion bodybuilder. He adores top model Diya (Amy Jackson) but feels, he can never make contact with her. Then one day, fate brings them together.

Diya has acted and continues to act in many ad films with John (Upen Patel) who is also a top model like her. John wants to get physical with Diya but she is not interested. John seeks revenge for the rebuff by ensuring that she doesnt work in any ad film with him. There is one important ad film for which John and Diya have been signed. Before John can replace Diya, she has him replaced. She seeks the clients permission to let Lingesan work in the ad film opposite her. The unit leaves for China to shoot the ad film. As Lingesan is too intimidated by Diya, he is just not able to perform in front of the camera. Exasperated, ad filmmaker Sushil (Mohan Kapur) asks Diya to feign romance with Lingesan to make him feel at ease. As the ad film is a matter of life and death for her, Diya obliges and tells Lingesan that she has fallen in love with him. This puts Lingesan so much at ease that he puts all his inhibitions behind him and acts superbly. The ad film becomes a rage and Lingesan and Diya consequently become the hottest pair in the ad world.
    Diya and her mother closely know Dr. Vasudevan (Suresh Gopi) who doubles up as their family friend. Lingesan also, in a way, owes his body*building championship to Dr. Vasudevans guidance.

Meanwhile, gay stylist Ojas Jasmine (Ojas M. Rajani) has developed a strong attraction for Lingesan but is put in his place by Lingesan. He, therefore, hates Lingesan. Soon, Lingesan gets to know that Diya doesnt love him and had lied to him. Anyway, after confronting Diya, Lingesan moves on. But now, Diya slowly but surely realises that she is in love with him. Their romance blossoms. The two even decide to get married.

One day, Lingesan realises that large chunks of his hair are falling. Soon, a tooth of his comes out. Dr. Vasudevan investigates. Even as the investigation is on, Lingesan develops large blisters all over his face and body and also gets a hunchback. In short, the very handsome Lingesan soon turns into a supremely ugly man. On being told that he is suffering from an irreversible disorder, Lingesan is left with no option but to walk out of Diyas life. Lingesan ensures that Diya gets the news that he (Lingesan) is dead. He wants her to get married to someone else and settle down in life.
    Diyas marriage is now fixed with another man. But on the day of the wedding, Lingesan kidnaps Diya so that she cannot marry that man. Of course, Diya does not recognise Lingesan as he looks old, ugly and scary.

Why does Lingesan have a change of heart? Why does he not want Diya to settle down in life, which is what he had wanted after he had become disfigured? Does Diya get to know why she has been kidnapped? Does she get to know the truth about Lingesan? Whom does Diya marry? What is Lingesans agenda? What is the real story behind his disfigurement?

Shankars story is quite different from the umpteen love stories made. The intrigue value of the love story is novel and fresh. Although the romantic portions couldve been more heartwarming, the novelty of the drama, which unfolds after the romance is over, makes up for the lack of warmth. Shankars screenplay is fantastic and keeps the audience interest alive from the start till the very end. The scenes, at times, do look a bit stretched but they dont bore. The second half, in which the suspense keeps unfolding, is superb. The revelation of the last bit of suspense is shocking and truly gives the audience a jolt. The visual in the final scene of the film is so exhilarating that the viewers heart dances with joy. Dialogues, written by Swanand Kirkire, are very effective. If the dialogues in the light scenes evoke laughter, those in the dramatic ones enhance the impact.

Chiyaan Vikram does a marvellous job as Lingesan. His acting is par excellence. He has worked hard on his physique, looks and get-ups and deserves kudos for the results. His make*up and prosthetics are outstanding. Amy Jackson looks glamorous and pretty and also acts ably. She endears herself to the audience. Upen Patel looks smart and performs well. Santhanam is lovely as Lingesans comic friend. Suresh Gopi excels as Dr. Vasudevan. Ojas M. Rajani leaves a mark as stylist Ojas Jasmine. G. Ramkumar makes his presence felt as the businessman for whose companies Lingesan, John and Diya model. Mohan Kapur lends able support. Kamaraj is effective as a bodybuilder. Others lend good support.

Shankars direction is first-rate. His vision is unique and the translation of his vision on to the celluloid is brilliant. He has kept the narration so interesting that the viewers eyes remain glued to the screen. He has given the film a huge canvas and has made it an audio-visual treat. A.R. Rahmans music is very nice but the Hindi songs have not become popular and that is a drawback. Tum todo na song is very melodious. Aaila aaila and Tu chale songs are also appealing. The other songs Issak taari and Ladyo are entertaining. Irshad Kamils lyrics are noteworthy. Song picturisations, by Bosco-Caesar and Shobi, are out of the world. The visual effects in the songs, in which inanimate objects are converted into human forms, are breathtaking. A.R. Rahmans background music is superlative. P.C. Sreerams cinematography is of a very high class. Locations are simply too beautiful. Anl Arasu and Peter Mings action scenes and stunts are unbelie*vably brilliant. In fact, action of this kind has rarely, if ever, been seen earlier in Indian films. T. Muthurajs sets are grand and ostentatious. Weta Workshops (New Zealand) prosthetics and makeup deserve special mention. Llewellyn Anthony Gonsalves editing is sharp. Dubbing is excellent.

On the whole, I has the merits to entertain. It may have started slow but it will pick up due to positive word of mouth and end up doing fair business in the final tally.
    Gay stylist?
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andhraboxoffice started the same "typical story" again for "I" as well. He has been consistent though!

***Shankar`s `I` after a Good 2 days has started showing Drops now in AP/Nizam. The 3rd Day Numbers are still good and it is slightly tracking above Gopala.. (Day7), but the downward trend is wide and clear. It seems, All sections of audience are thronging to Gopala screens but only Youth & Mass are for `I`. Trade expects Gopala now to do well over the weekend and take a lead over `I` from Monday. As for `I`, numbers are good but not good enough for the High asking rate and prices it was sold at.***

Can we believe these guys???
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Come on..dont paint them so bad...they do praise quality films..Mani's bombay and Shankar's Indian was well received and a huge hit...
    I dont know what they did then. These days they are "careful" not promoting any "tamil movie"!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed the movie. I never felt bored for any part though there were clichs and dj vu moments here and there largely because the same story has been told hundreds or even thousands of times in the same tamil film industry. I think Shankar is clearly aware of it and he cleverly manages to offer a different treatment by following non linear narration where audience gets a feel that both the present portion and flashback portion happens at the same time which helps to avoid a larger familiarity feel.

As someone who admires Shankar for his innate qualities of dream, courage and ambition, I get to see all his signature stamps, the movie has highly imaginative and colorful song sequences, larger than life stunt sequences, great make up’s and good special effects. The movie also appeals to the emotions whenever it is required. The sympathy feel for vikram, the anger towards villans orwhen Amy feels the guilt, everything is communicated well.

There is also a subtle social message conveyed through the story. It shows the ugly side of the powerful, wealthy and influential persons of the society who can go up to any level in damaging the normal persons when they do not fit into their world and we have a shankar’s version of super hero waging a war against them.

If we want to show an example for dedication in order to explain it, then it has to be vikram. I just got amazed by the extent vikram has gone in order to justify the character he plays on the screen. Amy seems to be a good fit for the model character and she emotes well.

Powerstar has been used very well and santhanam was good too. Wish ramkumar had a better debut than this. Watching the son of great sivaji ganesan in such a role is totally unacceptable.

Every scene in china was totally out of the world. PC Sriram’s camera is the epitome of beauty. Who other than A R Rahman can provide such a great feel? He definitely scores big after his average work in Lingaa.

The movie has its own flaws. Many scenes are easily predictable. There is no stand out scenes or moments. No great dialogues (Shankar is really missing sujatha. Hope he finds a replacement soon though it is very difficult). Recall value too is very less I guess. The movie runs for more than 3 hours and one cannot hid the fact that it is tiring. The movie has lot of double entrees thrown everywhere, high in glamour quotient both with respect to actor and actress. The looks of certain characters are disgusting. It’s appeal value to families and kids have to be seen.

Overall, the movie is definitely worth watching, We do not get to see such movies being made in tamil so often. When the title cards started rolling, people immediately stood up from the seats, but once again, ennondu nee irundhal song got played, no one left the movie hall till the song got ended up and this clearly shows the movie has succeeded in gaining the attention though it is 3 hrs long and no one felt tortured or suffered.
    Last edited by easygoer; 17th January 2015 at 12:36 PM.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar has one particular stamp which he leaves in all his films. A sentiment scene to hit the women audience.

1.Manorama self immolation in Gentleman
    2.Kasthuri fire accident in Indian
    3.Geetha death in Jeans
    4.Arjun losing his parents in Mudhalvan
    5.Boys' suffering in jail
    6.Sivaji losing his house, his death
    7.Amy giving alms to hunchback
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I or Ai

Finally watched the movie in theatre. I am satisfied with the movie, it had plusses and negatives like most movies does. Vikram tried something different like in Sethu, Pithamagan, Dheiva Thirumagal. His effort and sacrifices are applaudable. Havent really noticed Amy Jackson in her previous movies be it Thandavam or Yevadu. Shankar made her work her .... off for the movie and I think she is a very talented actress. Her modelling career plus her look like Belle from beauty and the beast worked in benefit for the movie. I found Power Star more funny in the movie than Santhanam. And to use Santhanam to make fun of uglyness, is like when bad guys make fun of Hunchback. Those scenes didnt work out for me. It wasnt a big surprise who the really villain was in the movie, it was very obvious from his introduction scene. Seen so many movies with similar twist.

Other than Vikram and Amy Jackson, A R Rahman made fantastic job on songs and BGM. Mersalaayitten, Pookkale, were eartreat and visual treat. I was dissapointed with picturization of ennodu nee irunthaal (also fav song), they could have shot that song in china too.

Director Shankar was the director who many think will take tamil cinema to next level. He slipped a bit in this movie.

This movie ought to be seen in theatre, or on the biggest TV when the DVD/Bluray disc releases.
    God bless all

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    ஷங்கரின் இந்தியன் இல்லை. கமலின் இந்தியன். இப்பவும்
    கமலை தவிர வேறு யாருக்கும் ஹிந்தியிலே மார்க்கெட் கிடையாது.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ahead of Hollywood films

The Aascar Production venture I that hit the screens yesterday (14th January) is said to be doing good business and creating a few new records at the box office. Besides Tamil, the film is released in Telugu and Hindi too.

There are a couple of firsts to this Shankar directorial. We had earlier reported that for the first time, the Hindi version of a Tamil film is being released in Lahore, Pakistan. To add some more feathers to this already decorated cap of I, here are a few highlights as reported by producer Aascar Film in their twitter page.

The Telugu version of the film has created a record on the opening day by crossing seven crores nett which is said to be new for a dubbed film. Aascar Film tweets, “[#TELUGU Record] #I Telugu creates record for 1st day opening day crosses 7 Crs Nett . A Huge record for a dubbed...”

And in the movie ticket pre-sales chart, the film is trending at the third position which is updated by Aascar Film as, “#I (#Ai) is still trending at the #3 position in the @MovieTickets Pre-Sales Chart, way ahead of #Hollywood movies releasing this week!”

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-...lishments.html

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!