Thread: KAMALHAASAN in ||"Thoongavanam"|| Rajesh M Selva || Ghibran

Threaded View

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickraman View Post
    On general note, am notice a dip in collections overall in USA alone (maybe India too or media's fixed news to report other film's collections.) I wonder if this has to do with UV effect. Surely that underperformed after second weekend due to the period portions. Papanasam underperformed because of remake saturation (and original mallu version had limited USA release + once Einthusan released original DVD with subs, that ate into collections) and USA independence day where theatre occupancy will be on lower end.

But for Thoongaavaanam, am wondering why collections haven't hit near a million mark yet. Divided collections between this and other release or is it because of the wide Salman Khan hindi film that ate up the screens? Very disturbing trend of late. Even in Sify, they reported 3C opening, which is shocking looking at the WOM. Though there are samples who are bashing it due to lack of entertainment and bashing the second half for some reason.
    I was also thinking Papanasam was due to UV effect. And of course every Tom/Dick/Harry had seen Drishyam. Even some Kamal fans in my area were not too keen to watch Papanasam. Not sure if Independence day would have much effect .. VR would have done well even if it were released that time.

Coming to TV, 1 mil within a week is too much to expect for a tamil movie. That would need atleast 3 weeks of good run. But it should have cleared atleast 1/2 mil to 600k now. Little surprised .. maybe Vedalam could have cut into it some. Salman Khan's movie should have no effect on TV. TV got about 80 screens and with a decent crowd, it should have done better.
    Last edited by bill4u; 16th November 2015 at 03:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement