Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Threaded View

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irir

You maybe be right in your assessment about being submissive. Many first time directors who go to IR for their music very much fall into this abyss and unable to get out. I was watching a youtube on "Mayil Recording", you could see the director as just another puppet.
    Though we can sit here and do character assassination about their strong personality to get what they want, I could also feel the opposite. If you and I were to go to IR for a movie, I dont know if I will be able to overcome the grandiose state of euphoria on even sitting next to him. The music which fed one's soul for all these years and here is the man who made those things possible. The sheer moment is overwhelming. Though we may not even agree on the synth orchestration he does in most of his songs, do you think anyone will ever tell him that face to face. The irony is IR expects you to tell him what you want from him and he tries to exactly give you that. You can always swtich the arguement that given IR's recent outburts they just dont want to press the wrong button.

I am happy for Myshkin, even though he was subservient in his meeting with IR, he still got what he wanted even to the extent of cutting most of the songs, which is unheard off. Such people are far and few. Every other day , some random guy gets IR as his first movie MD and he goes to the press and starts gaga'ing. The output is dismal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement