230 Target needed two solid 50+'s or a stand of 100+. Other decent batting line ups would have done this with ease. NZ batting is always inconsistent. Only in their last tour they managed to put decent efforts.
Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
Unselected.
Here is what I thought.
If England have the new ball in the first session, they are going to win this - the only problem being Ross Taylor.
But they were just above 200+ lead overnight, so I was sure Cook wouldn't have the nerve to declare.
And if they played into the day adding only about 50 runs, it was eminently possible for NZ to claw their way back into the match.
But England managed to fold - which worked out for the best.
The only surprise was the margin - there was no doubt about the result, particularly once Taylor was gone.
NZ kitta ellam series draw panna ooru apdi than pesum. We are living in an unfair world
kaNdinga, if SA is in a league of its own, then surely surely (barring SA) no other team is anywhere close to England.
The attempt to say 'SA is exland' but there isn't much of a difference between England and the rest - idhai vanmaiyAga kadumaiyAga kaNdikkiREn.

I always see a downplaying of England impressive performances. You will see people will talk about England hanging by their teeth to draw in Auckland. But you will rarely see anyone who remembers that NZ was following on and in bad shape when rain bailed them out in Wellington. I am yet to see one person say this.

And it is not even intentionally lying/suppressing unfavourable evidence. People badly want to see England lose that they seem to have a natural inclination to remember England's lows and not their highs.

Counteract paNNiyE kezhavan aayiruvEn pOla irukku.
Broad is very good in helpful conditions. India-la ellam bench pannainga(????) sir avane.
Broad is inconsistent. But you see people talking like he is performing after ages. Just last tour he took 6 wickets and shot NZ out to a follow-on!

Needs conditions - not always. He bowled exceedingly well in Dubai. In what proved to be a spinner's track - Broad-Anderson shot Pak out for under a 100 in the first innings.

All said, I do acknowledge he is inconsistent.