Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: சூது கவ்வும் by Nalan Kumarasamy

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too
    I have seen director Mr.Nalan's interview sometime back.He mentions "Katra anaithu raja thanthirangalum intha padathilaya use panniyaachi so inimae thaan yosikanum" when he was questioned about his next project.

That was the same thing even i have in my mind,This film is so perfect that clearly shows the learning of this director over the years.
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Car and police jeep chasing scenes are praiseworthy. Editing and cinematography worked well together. And the Art work throughout the movie is topnotch. A perfect film for team work. A rarity in TFM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This film will be a trendsetter more than other films released this year but is comes along the same path of other decent non-formulaic films. This is really a welcome change. I especially liked this movie which just keeps your interest from start to finish in a very breezy fashion with all characters fitting into the plot nicely and the plot organically moving along. Importantly, it has none of the usual stereotypes - the mandatory fights, foreign locales for songs, stars, unbelievable situations, very expensive budgets etc. There is no "love" story around which everything revolves. I don't recall seeing many movies recently which did not have some of this crap - it's as if it cannot be taken w/o one. This film breals all these stereotypes and manages to be quite entertertaining - a breath of fresh air. Kudos!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    LoL
    Best is a superlative of Good
    Other similarities assosiated to Best are : Most satisfactory, greatest degree, most favorable
    Thx Mappi for explaining your stand on this... In my view I didn't get "Most satisfactory" feeling after watching.

Greatest Degree - In my view this movie has some shining moments but not all scenes are done with greatest degree of perfection... there are many places I felt it could have been done better... If time permits, I will elaborate on this later..

Most favourable - There are many things in this movie can be enjoyable to limited set of audience...
    For example the initial scene where the driver gets up early morning to start drinking... this may be enjoyable to some set of audience, but it puts me off .. There are many things like this in the movie which can be enjoyed by a section of people, not all..
    If you feel that these kind of things can be in a "best" movie, then I beg to differ.. Also the movie drags little more in the second half and it could have been crispier..

Other than this I agree that this movie scores well in all the departments - story, screenplay, strong characterization, background score & camera work. I enjoyed the movie as well...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    If time permits, I will elaborate on this later..
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    If you feel that these kind of things can be in a "best" movie, then I beg to differ
    I think there is a tiny misunderstanding while reading between the lips. As discussed with Hattori Hanzo, its a "personel" objection which I respect. But on the whole, inside the concept of the film, this character and the scenes elaborating his nature are not lags. Strictly in this aspect the movie wins again. Eventhough, I repeat, the question whether its necessery or not is entirely another debate - I have a huge list of movies, which ofcoarse includes SK. If you have followed my other reviews I had sarcastically mentioned "Drink, drug & die - kind of youngsters". From here I can only mention it, but do nothing. For that how the actress in TFI are "exploited" even today (I precise year 2013) in the name of "Kalai" & glamour is more shocking to me than a bunch of youngsters getting together on spirit. In a recent "comedy" film the "womenhood" was showcased as the most dumbest creation of God. But I am not suprised (au contraire to you with SK) when people are enjoying it THOROUGHLY.

Additional note : And I never wish to seperate audience by "sets" & sections. My personal view on that is, at any given point of time its the individuals take rather than the section's influence. Most of the "big shots" in art or for that matter any stream worldwide have come from these "so called sections" that we are refering to quite often. But I absolutely have not problem if you or others do that, just that I can't repy in favour or deny it.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    And I would like to know on what basis you categorise a movie to "Good" and "Best". (For Best, I have given my version)
    thala, i only wanted to know abt ur 'so far' in the sense 'so far since when'?
    indha varushamaa... indha decade'a? etc.,
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    LoL

Professor Sir, Naan Pass-a Fail-a ! 2 out of 2 thaaney ... illa indha varushamum pona varusham mari thaana ?

Jokes apart, "so far" is associated to the moment, which is nothing put the gap in time when past becomes present and waiting to enter the future. Mostly "present" moment is often used, when the past and future moments cannot be denied.

Present moment is defined for a short term in association with the topic. Mostly it is semestrial when talking about large subjects. When "so far" is used, according to me, the immediate past is refered to, meaning you cannot bring in Satyajit Ray's Pather Panchali to compare with Nalan's SK.

So "so far" according to me is = Year 2013

On a side Note : we should not confuse it with "Thus Far"

[And if anything is wrongly used, please excuse my english - I am anywhere wandering between English, French and Tamil]
    Last edited by mappi; 20th June 2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yov...
    oru puriyalenu oru kelvi ketten.. adhukku ipdiya edho kolai senja maadhiri enna feel panna vekkiradhu...

professor goes on long leave...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    yov...
    oru puriyalenu oru kelvi ketten.. adhukku ipdiya edho kolai senja maadhiri enna feel panna vekkiradhu...

professor goes on long leave...
    leave is not sanctioned...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! that was not my intention though (I always feared about my english, have not yet come out of it - KK Nagar "Complex" I think ... LoL)
    Last edited by mappi; 20th June 2013 at 11:15 PM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast