Page 367 of 406 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4053

Thread: Khan Saheb Kamal Haasan's Jamaat/Jeba Koottam/Devasthaanam - Part 8

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Moondram Pirai- One movie which still baffles me. Before pelting me with stones for my opinion ( and possible misinterpretation), I hope you read this with an open mind and correct me if I'm wrong (I'm still learning and evolving as a film student).

Kamal, comes across as a bit of a loner who resuces Sridevi and takes the role of her carer willingly. I'm with the director until this point but he completely shocks me when he begins to show a completely sane man who is a teacher (which again borders on a carer role) developing feelings for a woman who has regressed into the mind of a young kid (taking on the teacher-younger student dynamic now) who he knows is in no capacity to return his feelings. It seems twisted and wrong on so many levels and maybe that is what the director intended to accomplish, I have no idea. I have the strongest feeling the romantic angle was introduced for commercial putposes and somehow marred the beauty of what could have otherwise been a world class movie. Any takers to enlighten this young mind??
    I watched the movie long back and I don't remember many of the scenes. But in which scene did you see Kamal show his 'romantic feelings' to Sridevi? The despair and frustration his character shows in the climax are just because she does'nt even remember him. Loneliness and losing a close friend makes him cry.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    I watched the movie long back and I don't remember many of the scenes. But in which scene did you see Kamal show his 'romantic feelings' to Sridevi? The despair and frustration his character shows in the climax are just because she does'nt even remember him. Loneliness and losing a close friend makes him cry.
    சீனுவிற்கு விஜி மீது அடிப்படையில் காதல் இருக்கிறது. புடவை கட்டிக்கொண்டு விஜி தன்னிடம் ஆசையுடன் பால் பாத்திரத்தை நீட்டுவதாக சீனு கனவு காணும் காட்சி கூட படத்தில் உண்டு.

மூன்றாம் பிறை படத்தில் எனக்குப் பிடிக்காத பாத்திரம் என்றால் அது சில்க் ஸ்மிதாதான். பாலுவே வணிக நோக்குடன் அதை இடைச் செருகியிருக்கிறேன் என ஒரு பேட்டியில் குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தார். அப்படியே நாம் எடுத்துக் கொண்டாலும், சில்க் பாத்திரப் படைப்பு, வசனம் எல்லாம் மலிவான உணர்ச்சிகளை மக்களிடம் சுரண்டும் எண்ணத்தில் கையாளப் பட்டிருக்கும் ஒரு அதீதம். இயல்பாகவே அப்பாத்திரம் வெளிப்படுத்துவதாகவே அமைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கலாம். மோகமுள் படத்தைப் போல.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    பணத்திற்காக நடிக்கும் கமலுக்கு எதற்கு பத்ம பூஷன்? - தங்கர் பச்சான்

http://www.satrumun.net/2014/02/blog...l#.UwLvKoXhFZh
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post

Kamal might deserve padmabhooshan for his immense contribution in giving back tremendously to the cinema field which had given him many things, but in general the clamor for giving awards / titles / undeserving accolades to film fraternity should get reduced.....there are so many achievers in various fields who are not even taken note of............
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moondram Pirai - Romance

While writing that title, I felt that it was not a suitable one, but as the topic in hand revolves around it, I could not find an appropriate one. Its been a while (say few years) that I have watched Moondram Pirai,but the images are still intact and I am just recollecting few points from the notes I had taken while watching the film.

A womanhood is culturally described as multidimensional where she takes up different roles in her life. That was exploited by many film makers. What Balu Mahendra (BM) puts forward is the male version. The 2 main characters share emotions from the male POV where he supports her as a father, brother, friend, teacher & of coarse dreams of his body needs. Here is where BM carefully - in the sense without using any vulgarity - showcases lust. About the other needs, caricatured as Sins are also present in the movie.

Yes, Kamal plays a teacher, but his student is a different one. She is not a kid but an adult. So the angle of 'teacher-student' should be approached with care, as its not that which is highlighted but how Kamal sustains himself before the 'Adult-Kid' whom he met initially with other intentions. He is the teacher of that immature mind and not for the matured body (it goes well age wise too). Add in being single and the symbols that provoke him in the day to day life through magazines and other mediums. The emotional break-down is the point here, where he over comes his body needs. If he was shown manhandling Sridevi, then there is something wrong, but never he does that. Thoughts are those grasses, cut them short and your mind becomes a decorated garden. He keeps her in this decorated garden by mowing down all those unintentional thoughts, which climb up inside any normal human being.

Here is where Silk comes into picture. Silk and Kamal are parallels - Silk living with a 'body' older & Kamal living with a 'body' younger - but both spirit does not know their true potential where the old one thinks he is still capable, and the young one has no clue what its capable. Thus Kamal and Silk form a lusting pair, where Silk has no boundaries, but Kamal has a well defined one. Its for this notion we have the provocative incidents - one such is where silk uses her feet to seduce Kamal but Kamal covered the feet of Sridevi when the saree gets misplaced.

The whole saree dream episode is on the Adult (body) of Sridevi (repeat - the circumstances he meet her, more importance is to the motive). But what he sees is actually the Kid form where the mind overtakes the body, well for both of them. Thus Kamal accepts the reality, his duty, and bundles up all his selfish desires and goes ahead to cure her accepting a rather hypothetical outcome. Here again it shows the cultured man in Kamal where he does his duty by striving forward keeping aside all the hindering and disturbing thoughts seeing only the pointer and not the beautifully carved arrow.

And the climax, Kamal looks for that kid and not the parting adult Sridevi. That's another clue that he has overcome the "romance" and is craving for the "affection". So concluding the togetherness to be romantic means the search was incomplete. Romance is just a charged force which Balu Mahendra uses to sky-rocket a relationship's pure form.

Moondram Pirai - Wandering Mind.
    Last edited by mappi; 18th February 2014 at 04:33 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

7. Likes Adox, rsubras liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    super............. you surely got to be working out in some magazine for the literary / movie section mappi....... not sure whether BM really had those things in mind that you had described here but it sure throws some great insight into the movie and the characters in that movie.......... you could have also given the significance of the title used here.......... Is it like Moon (Sridevi) is in the fully illuminated stage (first part of the movie) and what we got to see in the entire movie is the Crescent moon stage (Moondram pirai) and in the climax Sridevi gets to the full moon stage again?
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Moondram Pirai- One movie which still baffles me. Before pelting me with stones for my opinion ( and possible misinterpretation), I hope you read this with an open mind and correct me if I'm wrong (I'm still learning and evolving as a film student).

Kamal, comes across as a bit of a loner who resuces Sridevi and takes the role of her carer willingly. I'm with the director until this point but he completely shocks me when he begins to show a completely sane man who is a teacher (which again borders on a carer role) developing feelings for a woman who has regressed into the mind of a young kid (taking on the teacher-younger student dynamic now) who he knows is in no capacity to return his feelings. It seems twisted and wrong on so many levels and maybe that is what the director intended to accomplish, I have no idea. I have the strongest feeling the romantic angle was introduced for commercial purposes and somehow marred the beauty of what could have otherwise been a world class movie. Any takers to enlighten this young mind??
    This is the beauty with all classics (movies, literature etc) - one can interpret it in multiple ways
    I have my own interpretation - which many would not agree - but I think it is one of the best movies I ever watched.
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody can have an opinion about Kamls' contribution (or absence of it) to movies.
    But this particular logic is very childish ! Shame on Thangar !
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rsubras,

I will not go so far to decipher the title by keeping in mind its related to moon and accommodating all its phases. Its a tale which is clung between Entry & Exit of Sridevi in Kamal's life, a phase in his life. Moondram Pirai (third quarter moon) is one of the prettiest phase of the moon, before the New moon. It's also a rarest site in the sky. A similar happy moment intervened Kamal's life. Just like its definition - it visible when the moon is at right angle with Earth & Sun - these 2 just get along as right as fine could be. But Moondram Pirai is the shortest phase in a moon's life cycle, immediately plunging the sky into darkness (New Moon). So does the parting of Sridevi crashed Kamal in her total absence.
    Last edited by mappi; 18th February 2014 at 06:47 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

13. Likes rsubras liked this post