Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Threaded View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edge of Tomorrow [2014 : English : 2h15m : Sci-Fi (Fantasy, Action, Thriller)]
    Adapted from 2009 Japanese novel "All You Need Is Kill" by Hiroshi Sakurazaka

Written for screen by Christopher McQuarrie, Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth
    Idea & Directed by Doug Liman
    Original Score by Christophe Beck

Starring : Tom Cruise & Emily Blunt

As the caption in the poster is a sort of a give away, I try to tell you whats it all about.
    Man vs Machine, yes, yet again. This war, we face the ones called Mimics, a kind of machines that can manipulate our stratergies. Cage is put into this war without his accord, and as expected he dies within minutes (Beleive it or not, immortal Tom Cruise dies). But he wakes up again, during the moment he entered the war camp (I take back what what I mentioned on your beleif). He goes back into the war, and he dies again. Rinse, Repeat until he meets Rita in the battle field. From here Cage and Rita should unlock the secrets behind "Live. Die. Repeat", and use it to their favour and defeat the machines (ofcoarse without the help of Monsieur Bale).

An Amazing Film. A must for Sci-Fi fans. A must for Action fans. And a must for people, 'who like to look beyond', to see whether they pick up the second story !

Tom Cruise delivers this time. A movie which has all the blockbuster ingredietnts coupled with some amazing layered fiction naration, where his performence only aliments your thought process to build up a theory. Well, the movie is straight forward, if you want it to be. But, if you pay attention, you will certainly be rewarded. Actually the plot has holes, which can be contructed into a theory or more. Its been a while I came across such a film, and its been hours now that I am trying to convince myself with the theories that comes up.

The action is quite realistic. Eventhough the movie burrows plots and lines from various other films & games, the basic idea of incroporating them was brilliant. Going on predictable lines, its the action that maintains the movie on track. Doug Liman had mentioned that he wanted to use the checkpoint in games into his visual naration. He had largely suceeded in it. Just like how you restart from the checkpoint if your die in a game, the film restarts at the same point several times whenever Cage, played by Tom Cruise, dies. The beauty is that the repetions only increases your interest. The ending is a brain squeezer, but does not have that "certain impact" and people may forget or can't realise how much wonderful this film was. The last parts of the film and the final scene is where the film projects itself to be crooked. Would be very glad to discuss it with any one interested, worth our time, trust me.

3D was good, in the sense that my head was not pounding while and after the film. 7.1 surround was amazing. All the sound setup, esp. the machine noises were good and during the battle field action sequences you hear a lot of noises all around the hall, a great experience.

Edge of Tomorrow - Exploding Today
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement