Page 54 of 194 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this Vikram or someone else?

ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Actually MGR started it in (If I am not wrong) Idhayakkani. Rathi was introduced by Bharathiraja in Tamil; Khushbu, Nagma by Rajini ; Dimple by Kamal. Mani came in later.
    Khusboo and Nagma by Rajini'ngrathu konjam over.

Though it has happened before, there was no trend. Directors were still casting plenty of tamil actresses and all of those directors worked with tamil actresses again. I don't think it applies for Mani. But my point is that audiences not to be blamed for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    My thoughts on I (in no particular order):

1. In an interview few years ago, Shankar revealed that he wrote the Anniyan script (and Indian and Mudhalvan) script for Rajni. In the original Anniyan script, he wanted Rajni to play the inspector who investigates a series of murders that take place in the city. The inspector later comes to know that the culprit is his split personality. Rajni didn't want to do it as he felt that his fans wouldn't like him playing an mentally unstable role. Then Shankar narrated a hunchback (koonan) story to Rajni - once again Rajni rejected it. Both scripts have now gone to Vikram (Anniyan and I).
    2. Shankar has this fascination for the word "an" in his title (anniyan, mudhalvan, indian, endhiran). He must have opted for I (beauty) only because Azhagan and Perazhagan are already taken. (Azhagi too)
    3. From the trailer and songs it is clear that Vikram plays a north madras guy who aspires to become a body builder and Amy plays a model. If you add the theme "beauty" to the mix, you can pretty much guess the whole story.
    4. If executed properly,a get-up change normally brings the wow effect. When charan raj did a mottai in gentleman, it was wow because it added value to the story line. When Rajni became white / mottai boss, it was the same feeling. Poorly executed examples include the squint eye in avan ivan. It was unnecessary and it did not add any value to the story. Vikram has lost all that weight just for the Pookale song. Shankar confirmed in one interview that the weight loss was not his idea, but Vikram's. Seriously? was all this required for a 4 min song? Completely unnecessary in my opinion.
    5. I am guessing Ladio would be the opening song (like shakalaka baby in mudhalvan). Shankar usually has the song with good beats immediately after the interval (Gopala Gopala etc). Aila Aila fits the formula.
    6. Vaalee is sorely missed. The lyrics (apart from a few) are pretty ordinary. For rhymes like "ladio / kodio", you don't need a full time poet. Santhanam and his lollu sabha gang could have done it.
    7. Shankar's fascination for white skinned heroine continues. Lakshmi Rai, get ready for a call from Shankar soon.
    Good post, especially point 4. Alavukku meerina dedication lol
    Vikram'ku romance varave matenguthu. Anniyan'la kuuda varala, ippo eppudi thideernu varum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    Good post, especially point 4. Alavukku meerina dedication lol
    Vikram'ku romance varave matenguthu. Anniyan'la kuuda varala, ippo eppudi thideernu varum?
    C'mon, you cannot get lower. Vikram is a well rounded actor compared to Ajith, Vijay & Surya.

Guess you haven't watched Sethu or thandavam then!

He has shown enough dedication for the roles he has done. I don't know what impact it will have on I. But from what I have seen, he has justified his changes in looks!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    People are not demanding the directors to cast white skin girls. It has never happened. I mean how do the directors know we want to see fair skinned girls? It is just an excuse they use to keep casting fair skinned sexy girls. It is the directors that cast fair skinned girls in movies. Maniratnam started it, casting northies in tamil films and other directors continued the trend.
    Mani started it?what nonsense..AFAIK manisha koirala was the only one..when that happened, there were already many northies in tamil industry
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    C'mon, you cannot get lower. Vikram is a well rounded actor compared to Ajith, Vijay & Surya.

He has shown enough dedication for the roles he has done. I don't know what impact it will have on I. But from what I have seen, he has justified his changes in looks!
    +1...
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Mani started it?what nonsense..AFAIK manisha koirala was the only one..when that happened, there were already many northies in tamil industry
    lol way to miss the point

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Other than Sethu and couple of macho roles, he has shown no versatality. Any films where he exceled in romance or comedy? He is only good at putting on weight, shedding it, putting a lot of make up and looking different. But when it comes to performance, he doesn't have it in him. Calling him all round actor is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. His Pithamagan performance is not unanimously appreciated because people could find the difference between a good performance and good make up plus average performance. Same goes to Anniyan. Lot of hard work in looking different but performance? Remo ellam romantic'aa? Anniyan exposed Vikram for what he is. Raavanan eppudi? He looked macho but his performance was loud and crass, not class.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vikram doesnt know to perform....? Varae va

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    வெர்சடைல் என்றால்.. சேதுவிலேயே அதை செதுக்கியிருப்பாரே! படத்தோட ஆரம்ப விக்ரமிற்கும், முடிவு விக்ரமிற்கும் இடையே உள்ள தூரம் சொல்லி மாளாது. தில், தூள், ஜெமினி, சாமி வரை துடிப்பான போராடும் இளைஞன்.. பாடி லேங்குவேஜ் தூள் பறக்கும். காசி - பிதாமகன் சொல்லவே வேணாம். பிதாமகன் - க்ளைமாக்ஸ் காட்சியில் நிகழ்ந்தேறும் வேட்டைநாய் துரத்தல் தமிழ் சினிமா காணாத ஒன்று.. தெய்வத்திருமகள் - படம் முழுக்க அதிலேயே ஒன்றிப் போயிருந்தாரே! கோர்ட் சீன் காட்சி அற்புதமான தருணங்களில் ஒன்று. அந்நியன் - அம்பி - நூத்துல ஒன்னு. . காதல் ரசமென்றால்.. காதல் சடுகுடுவை சொல்லலாம். விக்ரம்-பிரியங்கா ரசவாதம் அருமையாக இருக்கும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

12. Likes mappi, Pras liked this post