Page 179 of 194 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    A second day or third day success meet signifies the movie did not attract crowds as anticipated imo. I think most understand this by now. Its (success meet) is more of a catalyst to get more people to watch the movie. The fact that 'I' didnt do it, me thinks its doing well and may break even soon.

Now coming to 'Ambala' - probably struggling with 'I' running along side.
    i posted this in another forum :

There is a saying in banks here : when you buy a bond or equity for an amount and that you lose money with it ... if the bond or equity comes to half the price you bought, just double the amount you put on it without second thoughts and hope to earn some money.

ippalaam, 3rd day "success meeting" vachaale enakku ithu thaan gnaabagam varuthu ... "ayyayyo panam poittu irukke ? ok oru success meet-ku panam konjam selavu pannalaam, athula varra publicity + curiosity-la padam konjam pick up aagum" ....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pras View Post
    BIG PS : (ithukku mela Peace! thaan, i won't bother u)

ithai naan vanmayaaga kandikkuren ! ... 2 - 3 distributors protest only ... they didn't sign any contract ? ... as per the paper they signed, legal-a action edukkalaame, ethukku nadu theruvula protest ?
    Linga is a better hit than all the so called hits of 2014 ... that's truth
    Forget about those fraud distributors singaravelan (now trying to politicize it) and co ..... but Linga although was an ok movie is certainly not a hit unless you're joking. Everybody agrees there. But I'm not sure what the break even costs were for Linga. But looks like the break even for 'I' is about 270 Crs. and its half way there according to that link posted.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget about those fraud distributors singaravelan (now trying to politicize it) and co ..... but Linga although was an ok movie is certainly not a hit unless you're joking. Everybody agrees there. But I'm not sure what the break even costs were for Linga. But looks like the break even for 'I' is about 270 Crs. and its half way there according to that link posted.
    What..? 270c for this movie? I highly doubt it

Post Thanks / Like
    ippalaam, 3rd day "success meeting" vachaale enakku ithu thaan gnaabagam varuthu ... "ayyayyo panam poittu irukke ? ok oru success meet-ku panam konjam selavu pannalaam, athula varra publicity + curiosity-la padam konjam pick up aagum" ....
    Exactly .. there's no need for success meets esp. on the 2nd/3rd day if the movie is really a success! Why spend more and waste time

6. Likes Pras liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't know about costs and revenues ... but the fact is Lingaa ran better than (for ex) VIP which is considered a BB last year ... so they sold lingaa too high, with the fact that it was "the next after endiran rajini movie" ? maybe ... but they signed isn't it ? ... if they hoped for a better run in KSR + Rajini than Shankar + Rajini, that's their problem ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    What..? 270c for this movie? I highly doubt it
    Are you saying its more or less ? Even if its more it should be ok in my opinion. Factor in the time (3 years money locked in), cg, and all the shoots out of the country and so forth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't know about costs and revenues ... but the fact is Lingaa ran better than (for ex) VIP which is considered a BB last year ... so they sold lingaa too high, with the fact that it was "the next after endiran rajini movie" ? maybe ... but they signed isn't it ? ... if they hoped for a better run in KSR + Rajini than Shankar + Rajini, that's their problem ...
    That was always my thinking .. I buy a stock taking a risk and paying a big price .. I later dont go back to the stock company and ask them to compensate me if it fails. Silly .. only happens there. SS and others shouldnt have done it before and let the business take its own course.

Post Thanks / Like
    summa simple-a solliteenga ...
    when they are releasing 100s of movies you needed to take that particular example "holiday" ? ... accept that it is just because it is a tamil remake which had some actor you hate !
    ok, i am not into your vijay vs ajith fight ... that's your playground, but hey, you r in I thread, and speaking about I numbers ... and you don't want me to read more into your post ?
    your latest post about success meet ? ... yep, i saw that ambala success meet day 3 of its release ... did aascar, shankar, vikram or anyone else spoke about I's success ? numbers are given by those so called "BO analysts" and "industry trackers" ... if you have real proofs that the are wrong, please post them here, until then ... Peace!
    You clearly missed my point here and you answered it yourself in response to different post.

Which ever thread it is, Whether I or 'Pathu endrathukulla', it doesn't matter.... as long as it is relevant I'll post.

Coming back to the original discussion, you can read post of mine just above to what you have responded and you have also told that having 2nd day meet or blowing your own horns on collection is like saving a sinking ship.

Now I collection of 135C in 5 days wants me to speculate about whether it is a sinking ship or not. But I don't think its official. So I'll skip.

Post Thanks / Like
    BIG PS : (ithukku mela Peace! thaan, i won't bother u)

ithai naan vanmayaaga kandikkuren ! ... 2 - 3 distributors protest only ... they didn't sign any contract ? ... as per the paper they signed, legal-a action edukkalaame, ethukku nadu theruvula protest ?
    Linga is a better hit than all the so called hits of 2014 ... that's truth
    Comedy panna theenga. It was dated story and everyone was fairly disappointed with its outcome. Again I don't really care about this 100C BS (which was my original point). You can do your own research and be satisfied with Linga outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    You clearly missed my point here and you answered it yourself in response to different post.

Which ever thread it is, Whether I or 'Pathu endrathukulla', it doesn't matter.... as long as it is relevant I'll post.

Coming back to the original discussion, you can read post of mine just above to what you have responded and you have also told that having 2nd day meet or blowing your own horns on collection is like saving a sinking ship.

Now I collection of 135C in 5 days wants me to speculate about whether it is a sinking ship or not. But I don't think its official. So I'll skip.
    it is not official ... that's true ... but again, if unable to prove otherwise, why don't just believe and move on ? .... (when every one is saying the same thing i mean, not one or two vadai suttufying)
    you guys are in a difficult position : if vijay movie is releasing .. u'll say it's a flop. even before release .... and if ajith's movie is releasing .. it is vice versa ..
    as a vikram fan i don't have that problen ... most of the online posts will reflect reality only !