Page 189 of 194 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kerala is one of the tiniest markets for tamil movies... A big budget/star movies have to perform well in TN, AP/NZ and overseas.... these areas constitute 80-90% of revenue.... For Rajini/kamal/shankar movies have to perform well in these areas otherwise it will be termed as flop/disaster.

I'm surprised to see I movie was stopped screening after second weekend in DC metro including Telugu version.
    Last edited by Avadi to America; 8th February 2015 at 08:08 PM.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The movie is still running in the UAE though.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    kerala is one of the tiniest markets for tamil movies... A big budget/star movies have to perform well in TN, AP/NZ and overseas.... these areas constitute 80-90% of revenue.... For Rajini/kamal/shankar movies have to perform well in these areas otherwise it will be termed as flop/disaster.

I'm surprised to see I movie was stopped screening after second weekend in DC metro including Telugu version.
    'I' has crossed the $1M mark in the US. Only Endiran and VR have done it so far .. But VR and Endhiran certainly ran for more than 2 weeks. Infact VR ran for 4 weeks in many locations. Not sure how 'I' managed that number in US. Didnt do well in AP/Telugu either but still emerged as 200c+ grosser. Surprising.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    'I' has crossed the $1M mark in the US. Only Endiran and VR have done it so far .. But VR and Endhiran certainly ran for more than 2 weeks. Infact VR ran for 4 weeks in many locations. Not sure how 'I' managed that number in US. Didnt do well in AP/Telugu either but still emerged as 200c+ grosser. Surprising.
    Really?

Do you know how much Lingaa made?
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure it was only Endhiran and VR? Please do not compare Endhiran with other movies here.... With highest ticket price and no of shows per day and no of weeks? it was a dream run and went on collected more than 4M. I do not see any other movie has potential in near future to come close..... I do not want to compare a movie that just collected above 1 million with a movie that went on collected more than 4M...
    Last edited by Avadi to America; 9th February 2015 at 04:14 AM.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    Really?

Do you know how much Lingaa made?
    Sorry missed Lingaa. Lingaa made more than $1.2 M and probably be #2 in US beating VR.

"#Lingaa USA Saturday $412559, total at $1.205M from 140 scrns. Just $60K to beat combined gross of Vishwaroopam to bcom all time #2 in USA," Atmus Entertainment, the Tamil film distributors in the US tweeted."

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    balajee ... thanks for your posts man
    others are just coming here to defend their own stars and prove that I didn't do well in this and that area (why they don't just post in their own threads and leave this one alone ? don't know ... we have to ask them)

anyway, i am just coming here for ur updates these days, let's enjoy I's huge success
    cheers buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure it was only Endhiran and VR? Please do not compare Endhiran with other movies here.... With highest ticket price and no of shows per day and no of weeks? it was a dream run and went on collected more than 4M. I do not see any other movie has potential in near future to come close..... I do not want to compare a movie that just collected above 1 million with a movie that went on collected more than 4M...
    One Million is an index for performance in the US .. Even if Endhiran made 10M plus, it'll be in the list of movies that crossed $1M in US. Not really comparing collections here.

Post Thanks / Like
    One Million is an index for performance in the US .. Even if Endhiran made 10M plus, it'll be in the list of movies that crossed $1M in US. Not really comparing collections here.
    Ok I leave it up to you....

The reason i was shocked to see I movie was taken after 2nd weekend is Shankar is a brand in his own league among Telugu audience... In DC metro, there are more Telugu people live than Tamil (easily 2 to 1 ratio)... The movie was released in record no of screens in US particularly for Telugu version....but shocking to see the movie just made above 1 million.... A top telugu star movie easily makes more than 1.5M.... Being released in both tamil and telugu, I did not make it big.... that's why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I leave it up to you....

The reason i was shocked to see I movie was taken after 2nd weekend is Shankar is a brand in his own league among Telugu audience... In DC metro, there are more Telugu people live than Tamil (easily 2 to 1 ratio)... The movie was released in record no of screens in US particularly for Telugu version....but shocking to see the movie just made above 1 million.... A top telugu star movie easily makes more than 1.5M.... Being released in both tamil and telugu, I did not make it big.... that's why.
    For Telugu/Hindi 1M is not a yardstick. But only a handful of Tamil movies have breached the 1M mark. That has been only Kamal/Rajini so far. For a Vikram movie to have done it is a feat .. Maybe you overestimated what it could collect. Although released in record screens, the run seems to be short ( < 2 weeks) to achieve a bigger #. The other movies which did 1M+ have run more than double this.