Page 339 of 400 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pisaasu. Being a fan of Mysskin's earlier works, particularly Anjaadhe, Yudham Sei and OA and after reading some good reviews I expected a lot from this movie. Quite a disappointment. I found it to be a mix of Anandhapurathu Veedu, Eeram and The Machinist. I wonder how Pisaasu became a BO success and but OA did not.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anegan - Padathula oatta irundha paravailla, padame oattaiya irundha?? Kodumai. Can watch it only for Navarasa Nayagan who simply steals the show whenever he is around. Dhanush is wasted in all 3 (or 4?) roles.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hattori - you might have earned the wrath of Anegan fans in the hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar View Post
    Yendi Ippadi Song !!! Wow.... Enna Ponnu Da !
    Yes. The song was one of the coolest moments in the Film. I had been listening to the album for a long time, and still Yendi & Poo Avizhum Pozhudhil are still in my playlist. The beauty is the opening of the songs are part of the narrative. The events pass and at a moment the opening serves a BGM and then the song continues. I felt this quite amazing, as you know that you favourite song is going to be played.

Yendi from Ennakum Oruvan.

Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Anegan - Padathula oatta irundha paravailla, padame oattaiya irundha?? Kodumai. Dhanush is wasted in all 3 (or 4?) roles.
    But there is one loose thread and if you catch it, the film can suddenly become fabulous. Only one person on internet (I came across) spoke about it. As I did not like the film, I kept away from the thread. I saw it again recently on DVD (for 'the heroine' purpose) and found that the idea was great, but KVA, just like any other 'Ad film maker turned feature film maker' concentrated more on detailing, taking much time and at the end trying to wrap it up too fast. A kind of Mariyan Syndrome. No questions on the visuals, they all were amazing. But why Danush ? a miscast !

Anyway, the loose thread I am talking about is - there was never a reincarnation at all. The present Couple is just a co-incident (which I don't buy, and thats entirely a different issue, something I have to deal with myself). The other stories are fabricated by Madhu, thanks to whatever pills she is made to take by Karthik, her employer, who develops 'stoneage' video games. The purpose of the pills is to stimulate the imagination of the developers, then he sends them for a psycho analysis termed 'stress relief', gets the story from the psy and develops his games.

Madhu gets stimulated more than the actual capacity. She reads a book on Burma, and thus the Burma story. When she was a teenager, she meets Kalyani's father is the Rehab, and thus Kali story. But when she meets Ashwin, its like a dream come true for her, and she starts to confuse herself between imagination & reality. Karthik's facemask gets town by the hands of "twist" and the movie ends coupling all the ending of the couples imagined by Madhu (thats why KVA makes a point to show her then & there when Ashwin fights Karthik during climax).

Now, if you agree, watch the movie again, and you will get a different picture. But KVA does not communicate it properly to us, there lies the 'oatta' you are talking about.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karthik, not every viewer needs a Gautam-Menon's-hold-my-hand-I'll-tell-you-the-story approach.
    Watching it the first time itself, many of us understood the layers in the film.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    NOV,

Not in an explanatory tone, but just to point out that the 'oattai' in question should not be confused with the capabilities of Madhu to decipher an information. Obviously, there will be continuity problem as she is narrating junk as reality. If beyond this, a viewer still thinks that there is 'oattai', its basicially his/her dislikeness towards the film and not an argument. Just wanted to make that clear.

And no offense intended to other spectateurs (I should have avoided "only one person" sentence, next time will be more careful).

9. Thanks NOV thanked for this post
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cheers Karthik
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well said Nov ..

we have to ban this Essay writing competition ..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    well said Nov ..

we have to ban this Essay writing competition ..
    Lol...anegan is a good attempt and a good film too