Page 33 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post
    Apdi pesaravanga kitta direct ah pesunga.. atha vittuttu eppapaaru avan pesaran naanum pesareannu..

Ninga unga star ah paththi pesaratha vida Ajith paera mention pannama avara paththi thaanea pesaringa... Intha thread la varinju katti post panna arambichathea Nov oda list la Arrambam and Veeram irunthuchu thaanea.. Atha direct ah pesa mudiyalainu Kanchana2 ku ethira varinju kattuninga..
    It was quite clear from day 1 when this thread was started. Arul - The gang had forgotten their half baked attacks on Surya that he prefers only big stars. When ARM joined, the tune was changed overnight. Don't expect any sane reply from them for this. haven't we seen all the 300 day records?
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK gang. Done for the day. Let us catch up for some long essays tomorrow. Bye for now
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reading the posts in this thread early today morning, I was surprised to find lot of name calling and I was privileged to see my hub name ‘cedyblue’ mentioned a couple of times in posts made early this morning IST.

While I logged in a little later, hub names were replaced by ‘nice-guys’.

Anyways, as a return compliment, I am writing this post, directly addressing to the hubber ‘selvakumar’.

I will be referring him as ‘holy-cow’ throughout the post though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holycow says, Cedyblue started as a Vijay hater? Nice, try holy-cow.

I was here in hub after pokkiri’s success and was celebrating and taking part in the Vijay vs Ajith thread, as intensely as today and ever.

But I have been critical of three things of Vijay, since ever:

1. Vijay’s political aspirations, punch dialogues aimed at other stars, dialogues aimed at self-boasting
    2. Vijay’s choice of movies during the Kuruvi-Sura period
    3. SAC’s excessive involvement in Vijay’s career

I have taken a hard stance on these three issues always and as recently as the Thalaivaa episode, when I wrote how Vijay has flirted with danger of politics and he will continue to pay the price. After watching the producer’s lament, I even wrote if the lead actor and his father is responsible for this plight of the producer, they should pay a price. Even while wishing Vijay for this birthday this year 2015, I wrote how Vijay is focused now without any distractions and how I would like him to continue this way. Not only in the beginning, holycow, even today, I am critical about all the things. Maybe, I phrase it in a lot subtler way thesedays.

Nice guys have been as consistent since beginning as the consistency of the holycows in making racist remarks.

So in a way, the hard stance by fans like me and a lot of others on the 3 issues could have atleast made a little difference in Vijay changing his path post Sura. Other Vijay fans in hub can comment here. I guess, it was the collective pressure from critics and fans that would have played a huge part in Vijay’s choices post sura. It is evident, how he has changed direction after the Sura-low.

How different is the approach by nice guys from that of the holycow?

Holycow says, they are not saying anything different to what we say about Vijay and SAC. NO, that’s a blatent LIE.

Holycow has been attributing Vijay’s very existence in the Industry to SAC. Holycow says Vijay resorts to backdoor tactics with the don SAC’s help to sustain. Nice guys have never told that. Nice guys were worried about Vijay’s actions, while Holycow belittled his very existence.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Fans like me strongly believed that a focused Vijay can make competition irrelevant. His Box Office records in every single territory ever since Sura, proves me right. Competitors-so-called are proving to be nothing but pretenders.

What surprised me over the last few years, is how Vijay despite mounting criticism and trolling during the kuruvi-sura period, was still making better inroads in the box office as compared to the other pretenders, who make the maximum noise.

For instance, Vijay is the most searched actor in Google right from 2003-till date. Surya follows him and has had a couple of good years where he has toppled Vijay. The other fancied pretender has never posed a threat. You can add all aliases or Head words and still the gap is so big that SPB Charan would have sailed through had this hole been used in Saroja.

Vijay’s most mocked movies like Sura and ATM have made more money than the pretender’s ‘Original’ or ‘God-avatar’ or even ‘Rajni Remake Part II’ kinda movies in the areas tracked by Box Office Mojo.

Movies like Vettaikaran and Velayudham for instance have made as much inroads as Venkat Prabhu’s game, if not more.

Even LM Kaushik and his Behindworks seem to support this trend.

Every weekend you see a Vijay movie in television, all along, all these years. His songs are most popular on music channels. Cartoon networks Tamil sites have cartoon shows that have popular vijay movie titles and use his voice for important characters.

Surveys by Hindu and Forbes also support the above listed factual inference.

Everything seems to fall-in-line.

Everything seems to be indicating who the king is and who is a king-pretender. There is so much of cohesion in every source in every department.
    ------------------------
    Holycow, aren’t you the guy who watches Simbhu’s movies? Do you know Simbhu’s father T.R is from the industry too?

I know you understand how a hypocrite you are. But for the benefit of the other readers, let me explain.

Sunil Gavaskar played a big part in shaping Sachin’s early career. He infact put Sachin’s name in the selector’s papers both for Mumbai as well as for the national team. So Sachin survived in the industry because of Sunil?

The same Sunil Gavaskar, couldn’t do much with his son, Rohan Gavaskar. Rohan could have survived in the team, if influential fathers can dictate terms.

Sachin is a champion. Rohan is a no-body.

Both were judged by the selectors and the paying-public based on their skills and performances, and based on that, their careers took different paths. I know, holycow is smart enough to understand this, but I am writing here to point holycow’s hypocrisy.

Vijay’s performances were judged by the producers who invested money and the paying public who loved his presence and he reached the top of the popularity charts based on their judgements and not by SAC.

How do you wink to this, holycow?

There is a massive difference in what the nice guys say and believe and what the holycows mock and abuse.

I know, holycows don’t like big essays despite calling humongous essays, as sensible posts.

I will point out to holycow’s racism in my next post.
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 8th July 2015 at 02:45 PM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selva,

1.I dont know who you are accusing of as starting here as a Vijay/SAC hater and then slowly turned their admirer. All of those who are a part of this discussion (Me,Vinod,Cedy) have torn Vijay apart for allowing SAC to poke his nose in his son's business. Vijay has gone beyond that level where he doesnt need anyone to make decisions for him and it has been working well for the last few years. We've also been critical of his bad moves/movies. Read my Suraa review if you have time. We do this for the respect we have for Vijay and as a matured bunch, I believe fans should not just be following their idol blindly, support everything he does but also be critical of his bad decisions.

2. PR218 and myself have become quite close these days that he spends an hour or so to teach me posting etiquette. So I think it was not wrong when a teacher shares his profile with student. He didnt have a problem too, asked me to clear my inbox. Why should you find a problem with that is what I ask.

3. Dont live in another world. No Vijay fan here boasted about 'Number of days run in the BO'. The consolidated report that Cedy posted here was purely on collections and was collected from sources (Behindwoods,Sify,BOMojo,bollywoodhungama) that were trusted until Ajith films were doing well. Our old friend BM used to update this same thread with the same data from the same sources and in fact he brought the ground rule here in compiling BO data. Boy, how badly I miss him and his bold lines in red!!

You still have the opportunity to counter that reports of Cedy. When you guys are free from all commitments, let us know. We are waiting.

4. Making films run for 300 days? Doesnt that happen with every star's film? Forget 300 days, I saw 100 days ad for Arrambam in a local daily when the film wasnt even running in a single theater. May be the producer did it without Ajith's knowledge.

5. Like how you love Ajith the way he looks,acts,drives, we do have our reasons to love Vijay. When posts are made on his color,body paint,etc is'nt that obvious that we would get it back on looks? Now dont say some Vijay fan started it first, at least not with that signature of yours.
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 8th July 2015 at 08:42 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when or since who accused the use of the name 'joseph' as racism?

I don’t see any nice guy attributing the use of joseph to racism. Idiots and clowns have mastered the art of seeing what they like to see and reading how they like to read.

There has been several instances in the last decade here in hub, that one particular holycow has used words such as monkey, black, body paint, etc to refer to either Vijay or his fans.

It is the use of these words, consistently from one hubber, that have raised concerns of racism.

Nice guys have been accused of being silent to comments on a star’s looks. Nice guys have been silent, atleast, while holycows have unleashed racism.

Is that the difference between nice guys and holy cows?

How is the holycow going to justify using the phrase ‘Monkey-fans’ to not racism?

I have been reading the *paint* comments for years now, long before eye-bags and bloating came into the picture.

Honestly, does the holycow have anything objective, other than abuses, at all to counter-punch?

Now, why does the holycow keep referring Vijay as Joseph?

I haven’t come across one single person either in hub or outside who refers him by this name.

Either this person has a problem with Vijay’s religion which accounts to religious discrimination or he finds the name Joseph funny. That’s my dad’s second name. Can this holycow clarify what is so funny about that name?

This holycow have displayed characteristics throughout of his obsession with colour and religion.

Discrimination by colour, religion and caste accounts to racism. I am not bringing in any other hubber here, as I have not seen any one else does this as consistently and as obsessively as this holycow.

Care to clarify this decade long act?
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 8th July 2015 at 04:42 PM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay, Cedy ...good ones!! Cedy, add me to that list. As much as I admire Vijay, I would hate to see him take a plunge into politics.

Having said that, all I think will happen now is a flurry of irrelevant posts with 100 winks, smiley's and then with a knockout escapist finishing line such as "don't bother about replying" or "I have understood one thing about this hub" followed with a bye.

Poor ARM and even recently VP....how some online fans mocked them for either working with Vijay or using Vijay movie references for their lead actors; easily forgetting that ARM and VP played the biggest role in someone's career. And then there is audacity to blame Vijay fans...phew!!

Vijay should play it smart next time if any movie of his doesn't do well for reasons even outside his control (Thalaiva). Instead of accepting on stage on few occasions that it failed at the box office due to reasons we all know; he could've just taken a hi-tech camera and done a photoshoot of maybe PT Selvakumar and released it in social media...that probably may have diverted people and medias attention away from his failures.

OK gang...enough of my long essays now. Will check the comedies a little later or tomorrow. Even now I am at an airport while I type this.

Cheers!!
    Last edited by Dammy R; 8th July 2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, it seems every one is late for their "business flight" !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha Paramu. There is a difference. Dammy is really in an airport now waiting for his flight back to India. And yeah, he was on a real business trip to the far east..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well .. I thought it was all sarcasm ... guess not!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am also near airport
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!