Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Threaded View

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    36 Vayadhinile: An ok watch. The first 30 - 45 minutes were really good with characters establishment and a police investigation added to the curiosity. The president meeting scene failed to connect because of an unrealistic idea. Will a person's meeting with president garner this much of attention among public? After this episode, the movie lost its natural flow. Every scene look imposed with the central idea as women's empowerment and later the movie became preachy with a documentary feel. Jo was really good and her performance makes the movie enjoyable despite the flaws in the script.

Kaaka Muttai: The USP of the movie is the realism it portrays without being boring. The movie has beautifully written characters. The way, the director has brought out the selfish motives of the people is absolutely realistic. The performances of kids, their mom, their grandma were all superb. I liked the the way the events are interlinked echoing the truth, How a small desire of kids impact people from different walks of life and how each one tries to exploit this opportunity to their own self interest was really written and executed well.

Paapanasam: It's been a long time tamil film industry has created a tightly packed and gripping crime thriller that leaves you at the edge of the seat for most part of the movie's running time. The movie also breaks the notion that, to exhibit heroism, a hero should be larger than life and beat 100's of goons. The man whom you see here is a common man who has simple intentions and big brains and the use of his brains in a realistic way is what gets him applause from the audience. It was really a treat to see kamal in such a down to earth role and nellai slang. I felt, the cruelty in the police station scene could have been reduced. Jeetu Joseph can definitely take pride for creating such a script with no logic loopholes.

Purambooku: Before the start of the movie, I thought I am going to hate it but surprisingly the movie was good. The movie started very slowly but started to engage once the characters start evolving. By interval, the characters are clearly established with their motives. The movie has s p jananathan's signature moments of revolutionary dialogues, communism, nationalism etc., I felt Arya's character does not have the emotional connect ,because it never showcased, what he has done for the people. The movie is little dramatic with even the common prisoner mouthing revolutionary dialogues, but those small things did not hinder the entertainment it offered.
    Last edited by easygoer; 19th July 2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement